What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA OLB Seth Jacobs (Signed to Oklahoma State)

I think we might be in the lead here.

I like our chances with a California kid when Stoolwater and Fayetteville are the competition. Obviously both of those programs have been decent in recent years, but you get the feeling Boulder might be the best fit. Hope this works out, landing Seth would be HUGE for what we're trying to do on D.

I like our chances with a California kid when Stoolwater and Fayetteville are the competition. Obviously both of those programs have been decent in recent years, but you get the feeling Boulder might be the best fit. Hope this works out, landing Seth would be HUGE for what we're trying to do on D.
Also said academics are very important.

Question: We have 2 spots available (23 commits), but we have at least three 4* athletes who are still giving us serious consideration. Does Embree take the first come, first serve only approach? Will there be attrition if the 4*s come forward? Gray shirts? I don't want to be like UCLA.

EDIT: Forgot to consider early enrollees. But still.

Last edited:
Question: We have 2 spots available (23 commits), but we have at least three 4* athletes who are still giving us serious consideration. Does Embree take the first come, first serve only approach? Will there be attrition if the 4*s come forward? Gray shirts? I don't want to be like UCLA.
i count 22 with mccartney GSing

You math is off. We have 22 commits for the fall. McCartney is a grey shirt and Norgard is already enrolled counting against last years class. They have at least 3 spots available and may oversign by one or two.

You math is off. We have 22 commits for the fall. McCartney is a grey shirt and Norgard is already enrolled counting against last years class. They have at least 3 spots available and may oversign by one or two.

Thanks for the correction. I had forgotten about Norgard's situation. So does the staff intentionally oversign? In case some commits don't get through the academic clearing house? Or we will have to resort to attrition?

Thanks for the correction. I had forgotten about Norgard's situation. So does the staff intentionally want to oversign? In case some commits don't get through the academic clearing house? Or we will have to resort to attrition?
Jagne and De'Jon aren't sure qualifiers.

In regards to UCLA's LB spots...possible they like him at safety, supposedly that is where Okie Lite and Arkansas like him. May mean he is a little on the small side, but you gotta love LBs with safety speed.

ESPN reporting that Coach Gundy from Okie State is supposed to be paying him a visit tonight.

All this Rippy talk, let's get ****ing pumped about potentially landing Seth Jacobs. Gotta love the versatility. Really, really want to land this kid

Jacobs is a better prospect than Rippy. We need to win the battle with fUCLA and Okie Lite!

No need to bash Deaysean here, just because he isn't coming. That said, Seth is a damn good football player and we need to get this kid on the team. Bring it.

Still really worried about UCLA here, wish they weren't getting his last visit...they've been killing it lately.

I sure hope it's da BUFFS!! Man we could certainly use him. Would be a nice finish to an impressive class.

There is a lot of circumstantial evidence that points in the right direction:

1. Turning down Rippy
2. JE saying they were planning on taking a LB, and we have heard no rumors of any other LB prospects
3. Jacobs says he wants to be successful on the field and off. I don't think many people go to arkansas or OK light for an education.
4. Jacobs really enjoyed his visit.
5. All the other benefits we already know. Early playing time, coaching by Cabral, etc

There is a lot of circumstantial evidence that points in the right direction:

1. Turning down Rippy
2. JE saying they were planning on taking a LB, and we have heard no rumors of any other LB prospects
3. Jacobs says he wants to be successful on the field and off. I don't think many people go to arkansas or OK light for an education.
4. Jacobs really enjoyed his visit.
5. All the other benefits we already know. Early playing time, coaching by Cabral, etc
I hope your game theory outcomes are not suboptimal.

twitter_pic_normal.jpg
TaraFOXSports Tara Turnure

4-star OLB Seth Jacobs says he will have 3 hats to choose from on SD. For sure #OklahomaState, #Arkansas, and either #UCLA or #Colorado.

7 hours ago FavoriteRetweetReply

twitter_pic_normal.jpg
TaraFOXSports Tara Turnure

Just talked to Arroyo Grande (Calif.) OLB Seth Jacobs after his official to UCLA. He said, "the Bruins are definitely an option now."

Last edited:
Whatever Tara says, even if I don't like what she has to say, I am going to appreciate her, I mean listen to her.

Back