What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA OT Colby Cyburt (Signed to UCLA)

What that article tells me is that you can go ahead and consider him a soft verbal at best if he commits to a school other than USC.

Not that I would hate that position by any stretch.

No importaint info here, just thought this article preview from the UCLA Rivals site was funny, did they go and snatch this writer up from a 5th grade classroom?

It is no secret that the Bruins want to land offensive lineman and it is no secret that they want talented offensive tackles. That is why they offered Colby Cyburt.

Based on that latest update from the UCLA site, it seems pretty clear to me that Cyburt is going to wait it out to see if USC offers.

We need this guy so badly.

His team plays my local HS next week I think so I'll try to catch the game and report back.

We probably provide his best chance for early playing time. Also should appeal to guys to play in an NFL type system if they have ambitions of playing after college.

I went to the game and apparently my alma mater got good at football as they beat Mission Viejo 10-7. MV's QB is pretty bad, Colburt and Maass looked like they got a good push on their side of the ball. Didn't see much beyond that. Didn't see Pinner play (USC commit) injured maybe?

Anyways, we need this kid bad. Hopefully slider's scenario works and they fill up and he's ours by default.

I hate competing with Stanford for recruits because if given the same decision, I'm not sure I'd choose CU. Hard to turn down a Stanford degree, and atm they're not even their usual football pushover.

He is taking an unofficial visit to Stanford this weekend.

The OL recruiting board is crowded there right now. They will likely get a visit from Kyle Murphy in December and Andrus Peat is taking an OV there this weekend. I think Murphy eventually ends up there, in part because he and his family are very committed to academics (older brother plays at Harvard). A lot of people think Peat ends up at Nebraska with his brother, but recall that his brother liked Stanford a lot before it became clear he would not pass admissions.

phpIOowUYbrandon_huffman.jpg
Peat, if he gets into Stanford, may be intrigued there. Not crazy to think Stanford could end up with Murphy, Peat and Josh Garnett

This is from a chat earlier today. Cyburt really liked his visit to Stanford last weekend, but they might not have room for him.

That's 3 OLs in Stanford's class. Probably still have room for 1 more, but it's starting to get tight.

I would be surprised if Kyle Murphy does not choose them in the end. They are not turning Murphy away, but they might move on from Cyburt.

Yep. It looks like UCLA may be our main competition here. Hopefully he wants to go out of state

Making his OV on January 20th.

Cyburt hasn’t taken any official visits yet, saying his family wanted him to focus on finishing his semester strong academically. So he’ll try and squeeze in all five in January.

“I must be crazy,” Cyburt said. “Right now, I have UCLA tentatively set for (Jan. 6) and then Stanford (Jan. 13) and Colorado (Jan. 20) are for-sure visits. I also have Oregon State and Washington on my list, and I want to visit there as well. I may have to do a mid-week visit or be creative, but I really like all five schools and want to get out to each of them.”

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/west/post?id=1316

My guess is UCLA and Stanford put the hard sell (i.e, commit now or risk losing your spot) on him when he visits them in January. If he ends up visiting us, then I think our chances are actually pretty good, but there is no guarantee of that visit happening IMO.

My guess is UCLA and Stanford put the hard sell (i.e, commit now or risk losing your spot) on him when he visits them in January. If he ends up visiting us, then I think our chances are actually pretty good, but there is no guarantee of that visit happening IMO.

Really? He seems intent on going to UCLA to me

Really? He seems intent on going to UCLA to me

UCLA's got 22 guys committed already. That includes 5 OLs, but only 1 DL (a DE), 1 WR and they haven't gotten a QB.

I'm not sure the Bruins will even take another OL.

Back