1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'12 CA OT Steven Moore (Signed to Cal)

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Duff Man, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN
    247 Sports

[​IMG]
    Elk Grove H.S. (Elk Grove, CA)

Ht: 6-foot-6
    Wt: 265 lbs

Rivals rating: 3*-5.6rr; unranked OT
    Scout rating: 3*; #54 OT
    ESPN rating: 3*-75 grade; #126 OT
    247 Sports rating: 2*-77 rating; #96 OG

Reported Offers: Colorado, Arizona, California, UCLA, Utah, Boise State, Fresno State, Nevada, San Jose State

2. Duff Man

Has opened things back up since Stoops was fired earlier this week. Interesting prospect, not really sure what to make of him. He attended camps at Arizona and UCLA, netting offers at both. But Scout seems to be the only service that really likes him. Rivals and ESPN have him as a borderline 3* prospect, while 247 has him as a 2* prospect.

3. Duff Man

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1116744.html

4. DoWork

DoWork Member

We met Steven at the UCLA lineman camp, great kid with lots of drive and very competitive. He moves really well. The weight room will be his best friend in the future and will give him even more power. I touched base with his Dad after Stoops was fired and encouraged them to take a trip to Boulder. I sure hope they do. With being a fairly early committ kids fall off the radar and the press (including Scout and Rivals) are no longer interested in marketing them, it's just the way it is. I was glad to see Brandon Huffman did an article on him and he's opening up his recruitment to other possibilities. His team is having a GREAT year (8-0) and playoffs are in the future. Steven is clearly a leader on the team and that's always a plus. Talent and hard work are first but leadership provides inspiration and motiviation, it's the componet that gets you through hard times but it's also what bridges the gap from good to great. I sure hope he makes a trip to Boulder...

5. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

Thanks DoWork!

6. 30Something

30Something Distinguished Brotha Club Member

DoWork, you are freaking awesome. I think you're as good as any recruiter on our staff!

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

DoWork,

Hope you can make it to a game so I can have a beer & brat with you. Really glad you joined this board.

8. Buffnik

"I haven't talked with any one at Arizona for a while so I'm pretty much open now," said Moore. "I'm pretty wide open but I'm still considering Arizona and they're not out of it."

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1125885.html

Expect a visit after the season is over.

9. Duff Man

Good sign he did not commit on the UCLA visit.

10. Buffnik

:nod:

11. Buffnik

Beyond multiple sources reporting that Moore is visiting this weekend, Scout is also reporting that he is no longer an Arizona commit.

12. jahbrahakala

jahbrahakala New Member

Moore Four UCLA, Boise, Cal, CU

have narrowed my choices down to four.

“I have UCLA, Boise State, Cal and Colorado," he said. "I tripped to UCLA during the season and went to Colorado last weekend. I really liked it there, a lot more than I thought I would. Boulder is a great city and the offensive line coach, Steve Marshall has worked with a lot of great players in the past. Plus they need tackles and I could play early there.”

13. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Wait are you Steven??

If so all I am going to say to avoid trouble is Go Buffs.

Have fun and good luck where ever you go

14. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

We need big, talented offensive linemen. You fit that description, young friend.

15. DoWork

DoWork Member

I'm bummed we didn't make a game, our only open weekend was after our team lost in the second round state playoffs and the Buffs were out of town but we watched the game on TV. Not the same as a beer and a brat in person - but next year if the invite is still open! We'll be down to watch Ma'ne play and I hope Steven. I was glad to see that he made is official visit, I knew he would love it. I just shot him off an email to share with him why we loved it (CU) so much and why it was such a close decision for us. Too close for words and sometimes it comes down to when the recruiting relationships start and in Steven's case he's building new ones so I see lots of promise here. He's a great kid, excellent work ethics and is easy to coach. I watched him respond to the coaches at UCLA and he kept listening and getting back in the mix with the one on ones and working on what they wanted him to do, doing it well each time. He would make such a difference on the line... one never knows how things work out in life and fingers crossed I'm hoping for this one!

16. Buffnik

DoWork,

You just got me more excited about Moore. I think we've only got 2 planned spots left for OLs. (I say planned, because I'm sure the coaches would find room if someone like Armstead called in January and asked if he could be a Buff. :lol:) This weekend, Alexandru Ceachir is visiting Utah to see one more school before deciding but it sounds like we lead. He's a juco, so maybe he wouldn't count toward the 2 since the class balance wouldn't be an issue. But I think he would be in the 2. Our OL class is filling up and guys need to make the call if they want to be Buffs.

Hope to see you at Folsom next year. Even more, I hope to see you in a Rose Bowl down the road (where I'll hope your son plays well but our team crushes Wiscy :smile2:).

17. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

I don't believe we lead for "the Russian" as Norm Chow called him. I give a tight edge to Utah since they have last crack at him this weekend.

Nice clear weekend in SLC coming up as opposed to last weekend's arctic freeze here.

18. DrunkRalphie

DrunkRalphie Well-Known Member

But it's Utah. Utah.

19. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Wasn't there some hubbub when he was at fUCLA where one of the WR's referred to Chow as the ***** OC? Nice work Chow baby, I can see it now, Chow: "come on in Russian guy, see it isn't as cold here as it is in the Motherland, come to Utah". Ceachir:" Does it come with eggroll?". [shakes head]

20. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

dats racist!

21. liverflukes

liverflukes Resident Bear Club Member

He's a good kid and a good player. Being looked at by a lot of teams because of his character and athleticism. That said,
    Go Bears! :nod:

22. Buffnik

I don't think you guys made a committable offer. If you had, I would have expected him to accept on the spot. Doesn't he have family ties to Cal and grew up a Bears fan?

23. LongHaulBuff

LongHaulBuff Club Member Club Member

:lol::lol:

24. Duff Man

Uh, yeah...

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/west/post?id=1195

Not that I expected to get Moore, but the OL recruiting right now is cringe-worthy.

25. jahbrahakala

jahbrahakala New Member

Drum roll

“My Boise State visit was great, and I really liked Colorado too. I visited UCLA during the season, but that was with the old staff. It’s too bad it didn’t happen with the new coaches, but that’s not a factor, because I still like them. Cal is going to be a good visit as well, and I’m looking forward to it. My plan after the visit is to sit down with my family next week and hopefully have a decision ready to go by the end of the week.”

26. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

27. Duff Man

Took his visit to Cal this weekend. Expect him to announce for the Bears sometime this week.

28. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

Good luck to him. He's not on the list.

29. Buffnik

30. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

We've had enough OL go to the NFL that this shouldn't be as bad as it is.