What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA PG Dominic Artis (Signed to Oregon)

Also, for whoever likes to leave me such GLOWING "reputations", I invite you to message me directly so I can actually address your "concerns" directly. Thanks!

For a $15 club subscritption, you'll be able to see who it is.... :smile2: (and here that gets you a whole year, not just a month...)

(not me, btw...)

So then you know that in a week, there is absolutely plenty of time to review film, talk to coaches, scouts etc regarding a player and change your mind. It's how recruiting and evaluation works.

So you're saying they initially decided to "go hard after him" without doing any of those things? Or that they hadn't already done at least some homework on this kid before then? Like I said, we're in big trouble if that's how they're doing things. It simply doesn't make sense that they're putting out the message that they're hot for this kid, THEN decide to do their homework and do a complete 180 in a week. That would be Hawkins level amateurish....

So you're saying they initially decided to "go hard after him" without doing any of those things? Or that they hadn't already done at least some homework on this kid before then? Like I said, we're in big trouble if that's how they're doing things. It simply doesn't make sense that they're putting out the message that they're hot for this kid, THEN decide to do their homework and do a complete 180 in a week. That would be Hawkins level amateurish....

Normally, I don't feel comfortable going into how I get info because frankly, I generally feel like that should be reserved for the people who pay at our site. But, there seems to be confusion about the message I was delivering and I'd like to clear it up. I received scoop which I posted on our board that there was an open opportunity for CU to go after Artis and that I should expect them to go very hard at DA. A week later, I received more info from that same source which I posted on Scoop, and then Twitter. That info stated that CU decided not to get very involved and that Boyle didn't like Artis for his system upon further review. My post on Twitter citing other sites claims on the recruiting was because of a post that the Rivals intern at Stampede made saying that the staff was recruiting him, "very hard". That post was no longer accurate. That's why I said the recruitment never really materialized.

Long winded, but hope that clears things up a bit. Can't comment on things I didn't hear though, so what they did about Artis prior to the scoop that I got is absolutely unknown to me.

Thanks, YngC.

The thing about inside info on recruiting is that it's almost never direct information from the head coach or the prospect. So it's pretty much all rumor and it's a matter of how much we trust the source of the whispers. Even when it's a great source with a ton of credibility, these situations are fluid and something that's accurate at 4pm may be completely wrong by 10pm of the same day.

Normally, I don't feel comfortable going into how I get info because frankly, I generally feel like that should be reserved for the people who pay at our site. But, there seems to be confusion about the message I was delivering and I'd like to clear it up. I received scoop which I posted on our board that there was an open opportunity for CU to go after Artis and that I should expect them to go very hard at DA. A week later, I received more info from that same source which I posted on Scoop, and then Twitter. That info stated that CU decided not to get very involved and that Boyle didn't like Artis for his system upon further review. My post on Twitter citing other sites claims on the recruiting was because of a post that the Rivals intern at Stampede made saying that the staff was recruiting him, "very hard". That post was no longer accurate. That's why I said the recruitment never really materialized.

Long winded, but hope that clears things up a bit. Can't comment on things I didn't hear though, so what they did about Artis prior to the scoop that I got is absolutely unknown to me.
makes sense

Thanks, YngC.

The thing about inside info on recruiting is that it's almost never direct information from the head coach or the prospect. So it's pretty much all rumor and it's a matter of how much we trust the source of the whispers. Even when it's a great source with a ton of credibility, these situations are fluid and something that's accurate at 4pm may be completely wrong by 10pm of the same day.

And while that's what drives us crazy, it's what makes covering/following recruiting so fun for everyone. One moment you think Alex Caruso is deciding in 24 hours, and then he texts you 45 minutes later to say he committed to A&M. It's insane, but it's a joy ride.

And while that's what drives us crazy, it's what makes covering/following recruiting so fun for everyone. One moment you think Alex Caruso is deciding in 24 hours, and then he texts you 45 minutes later to say he committed to A&M. It's insane, but it's a joy ride.
its a ride... i dunno if there is any joy unless recruiting is going well...

So what this boils down to is that either the staff changed their mind, or the initial information was inaccurate (and hey, that happens to everyone). As I've said all along, it doesn't really smell right to me that on one Thursday the staff is going to be all hot and bothered to go after a kid, THEN decide to actually watch tape and do due diligence, and within a week go from extremely interested to uninterested. The timeline just doesn't make sense to me.

So what this boils down to is that either the staff changed their mind, or the initial information was inaccurate (and hey, that happens to everyone). As I've said all along, it doesn't really smell right to me that on one Thursday the staff is going to be all hot and bothered to go after a kid, THEN decide to actually watch tape and do due diligence, and within a week go from extremely interested to uninterested. The timeline just doesn't make sense to me.

Again, I can't comment to what happened specifically in that week. Did they watch tape for the first time at that point? I doubt it. Did circumstances with other recruits change that influenced their feelings about Artis? Not a bad bet. Were there circumstances going on in Artis' recruitment that rubbed the staff wrong after pursuing it? Not impossible. But it is also possible that they did change their mind in a week. Stranger things have happened. Don't know what else to tell you. I will say though, in this business, a week is a lifetime. While that timeline may not make sense to you, it's honestly an eternity in recruiting.

Actually, perfect example. Decensae White was a 2006 recruit out of Serra in NorCal. His recruitment was definitely delayed because he didn't have a good junior season. On the AAU circuit though, he blew up. Kid was CCS POY that year I believe. Anyway, he had offers from Washington, all the WCC schools and Texas Tech. Three days after UW offered him after a big game, he begun to be ignored by their staff. Wouldn't return calls, texts or his Dad's emails. Why? They found out that he had pretty significant character issues and was almost kicked out of school twice up to that point. Skeletons come out, new revelations are made and other things happen in recruiting.

I never got the impression that he was all that interested in CU. That probably has something to do with it.

My guess would be TW told them that he didn't want Artis in the picture so he told them "choose him or me".

Last edited:
From everything I read he decommitted because UCLA got Kyle Anderson to play his position. Do you think if UCLA told this kid, "We are recruiting another guy who plays PG, and we think he is better than you and will most likely play in front of you your whole career", that he would have committed to them? Maybe it was UCLA that was not consistent...

I'm really late in posting this...but Artis and Kyle are friends. There was a push for Kyle and a bunch of others to go to UCLA. From a poster on Duke's website, Artis was pushed hard by Oregon at the last minute, so he decommitted and decided to visit there. Dana Altman is a great coach...watch out for Oregon. They're getting a good one in Artis - he may climb more in the rankings when it's all said and done.

Artis was AAU teammates with Brown, so it might be worth a phone call by Boyle & Co. to see just how solid his comittment is.

Back