What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA PG Eli Stalzer (Signed to Colorado)

I just rewatched his other highlights... dude has moves around the rim and has way more athleticism than Nate... His offensive ability may be worse at the 3pt line, but I think too many people have been satisfied to say "the next nate" and move on without realizing Mr. Stalzer has some abilities and skills Nate didn't have.

Completely agree, he made a move to the hoop in that state champ game that left my jaw agape. Kid is athletic.

http://www.buffzone.com/cu-news/ci_20366427/tad-boyle-expects-add-sixth-freshman-cu-buffs

Make that six true freshmen.Tad Boyle's baby-faced team is going to be exciting and unpredictable next season.
The Colorado head coach is expected to sign yet another player from the Los Angeles area Wednesday -- 6-foot-3 point guard Eli Stalzer -- as the spring recruiting period officially begins.

and a great post/interview by YungC.

http://buffscoop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16376

“It started off with them recruiting Xavier Johnson,” he said. “I met Boyle a couple of times. I wasn’t thinking anything of it. They told me that every time they came to watch X, I always stood out in their head. There was something about me.”

“At first they wanted me to walk on for the first year then be on scholarship the next three years. A week later (a) scholarship opened up and I got that phone call.

Let the speculation begin!

Last edited:
Before the speculation gets too wild, it could just be that Chen agreed to go off of scholarship for his senior year.

Before the speculation gets too wild, it could just be that Chen agreed to go off of scholarship for his senior year.

Yeah, but if Stalzer was willing to walk on for a year why would Tad have Chen switch from scholarship player to a walk-on next year?

At the least, there's a benefit to having Chen prop up your team graduation rate.

I think there's something going on.

Yeah, but if Stalzer was willing to walk on for a year why would Tad have Chen switch from scholarship player to a walk-on next year?

At the least, there's a benefit to having Chen prop up your team graduation rate.

Now we are talking! Screw your rationality Goose!

He isn't willing to walk on. He turned down that offer from the staff.

Back