What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA PG Tyrone Wallace (Signed to Cal)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

826724.jpg

Bakersfield H.S. (Bakersfield, CA)

AAU:

Ht: 6-foot-4
Wt: 180 lbs

Rivals rating: 4*; #17 PG (#87 overall)
Scout rating: 4*; #16 PG (#90 overall)
ESPN rating: 3*-89 grade; #43 SG
247 rating: 4*-92 grade; #14 SG (#69 overall)

Reported Offers: Colorado, Arizona, Arizona State, California, Florida State, Fresno State, Gonzaga, Nevada, Oregon, San Diego State, San Francisco, UCLA, UNLV, USC, Utah

Last edited by a moderator:
Tad is recruiting the crap out of it. This kid and some of the others we are in on are kids we wouldn't have even bothered to spend time on in the past, now we have a decent chance of getting him.

Based on what he did with marginal talent at UNC we know that Tad can coach, looking at the guys he has already signed, gotten commitments from, and is in on for commitments it sure looks like he can recruit. Looks like Buff basketball is going to be very good in the future.

Tad is recruiting the crap out of it. This kid and some of the others we are in on are kids we wouldn't have even bothered to spend time on in the past, now we have a decent chance of getting him.

Based on what he did with marginal talent at UNC we know that Tad can coach, looking at the guys he has already signed, gotten commitments from, and is in on for commitments it sure looks like he can recruit. Looks like Buff basketball is going to be very good in the future.

I agree, we are in on so many good prospects that if we start showing any signs of consistency, we might be a basketball school.

It would be awesome to have two revenue producing sports. That is what CU has needed for a long time. Consistency and a tourney team will do wonders for the coffers.

Not in all of his photos, but in the one I used for the profile, Tyrone looks a lot like Alec Burks. Be great if we got him here and he played like Alec, too. Going into the 2010 season, Bzdelik was actually thinking that he would start Alec at the point (but he just kept growing).

heres hoping the kid makes the right choice and decides to come to Boulder

He may be a UCLA lean due to proximity but lets hope that he visits Boulder and decides that it is a much better place to spend the next few years of his life.

I want to see us win some of these recruiting battles straight up, not because we are somebody's second choice.

He may be a UCLA lean due to proximity but lets hope that he visits Boulder and decides that it is a much better place to spend the next few years of his life.

I want to see us win some of these recruiting battles straight up, not because we are somebody's second choice.
:nod:i hope he does want to come to colorado but id be ok if he had to settle for us:lol::lol:

This is not getting enough attention.

Big time recruit. One of the top combo guards in the 2012 class. He could go pretty much anywhere.

Agreed. Tyrone has offers from every major program in the Pac-12 except Washington. Would be ALLSOME to have him here.

ill take ty wallace caruso scott and gordon... thats an ok class...

:rofl:
it that actually happened id prolly jizz in my pants

Ok. to make nik happy: WOO WOO YEAAAAA!

edit: and it is scary how much this guy looks like burks.

We might be in pretty good shape on this one. And is there anyone that Spencer Dinwiddie ISN'T friends with?!?

His friend Colorado freshman point guard Spencer Dinwiddie has been trying to convince Wallace to join him in Boulder.

"Colorado has a nice young core so if he went there, it would be a good situation where they could all grow together and compete for championships," his father said. "I think Colorado would be real strong if he goes there."

Hat tip to Adam at Rivals for this one.

I know both Snow & 'Nik have talked about how much Wallace looks like Burks, but I just went back and re-read his ESPN scouting report and I'll be damned if he doesn't sound exactly like him too (serious cutting & pasting done due to the fact this is an Insider article).

Strengths:
Wallace has great size for the 1 with great length and solid athleticism. He can play the 1 or the 2 based on his skill set as well as his savvy. He has the ability to score in the paint utilizing his arsenal of runners and floaters as well. Defensively, he uses his lengthy wing span to get numerous steals and he's a deceptive shot blocker in transition.

Weaknesses:

Although his jump shot has improved immensely since the regular season, it still needs to continue to get better-and it should due to his work ethic. His handle can get sloppy (high dribble) at times and he needs to become a much better jump shooter to keep defenders from backing off him.

Bottom line:

Wallace is an interesting prospect with no true position at this stage-he is just a guard with multiple gifts. His length, savvy, and versatility, should warrant a high-major scholarship. He isn't one of the elite prospects in the country, but by his junior season he should be a tremendous college player at both ends of the floor.

Had to read the thread twice. I really want this kid. I can't even imagine pulling three top 100 players in the same class

Back