What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA QB Bart Houston (Signed to Wisconsin)

First one to commit.

Next year

Hirschman SO
Burnette SR
Dorman RFR
Bart houston FR

Bart Houston would be a bigtime pickup for this program. Hawk was never able to pull down a commit from a top QB(he came close with Landry Jones), and that's what really doomed him imo.

I can also see a kid like Houston playing right away. I've been really disappointed in Hirschman performance during spring ball. I know he's a project, but I thought we would've seen more out of him.

Last edited:
But if we take him, we don't take Miles, do we?

I am not sure we stop recruiting Miles if Houston were to commit, but who knows. As Nik says, it is hard to justify having more than four QBs on the roster at any one time. I would be just fine with calling it a day after the first QB commits to us. This is the year to load up on OL and DL.

I'd save a spot for Houston, but not for Miles. Houston > Miles imo.

Is he an early graduate? I could see him battling Hirschman and Dorman next year pretty closely if he arrives in the Spring.

I'm of the opinion that if Houston comits, we should still be recruiting Miles hard. QB is the most important position on the field and I'd hate to be left in the lurch if our only committed QB has a late change of heart and signs elsewhere. If the worst case is we have one too many stud QBs on the roster, I can live with that even though I recognize we have a lot of other needs.

I'm of the opinion that if Houston comits, we should still be recruiting Miles hard. QB is the most important position on the field and I'd hate to be left in the lurch if our only committed QB has a late change of heart and signs elsewhere. If the worst case is we have one too many stud QBs on the roster, I can live with that even though I recognize we have a lot of other needs.

First one to commit, if we get Houston, it would be tough for Miles to see the field. Houston is going to be a 3 year starter for Colorado.

You are taking a risk either way. If you keep recruiting Miles hard, you risk alienating Houston and having him look around. Then you might end up with neither. If I felt like Miles was leaning our way, I would be on board with your strategy, but not sure CU can feel too confident with our chances right now.

Will be visiting CU and Iowa later this week after Coach Rip stopped by his school.

Love this kid. Seems like the perfect fit for a WCO. I hope we can steal this guy's signature as we've been there all along.

Love this kid. Seems like the perfect fit for a WCO. I hope we can steal this guy's signature as we've been there all along.

Same. His highlight videos are literally filled with what I assume our offense is going to look like. He's obviously not the most mobile, but he's also not Peyton Manning back there. Doesn't hurt to snag a team leader from De La Salle either.

I hesitate to call any single recruit a "must get", but I think Houston fits the bill.

This is just my opinion, but I think Houston looks better on film, for what we want to do vs. Cyler Miles. He's more refined and developed in terms of running a pro style offense. Call it sour grapes, call it whatever, but I think he's a more important recruit and signature for this staff and I would be putting our full attention on him. We haven't been very good at getting top notch Mullen players but I think that will subside once we start winning. However comparing De La Salle to Mullen, it's like night and day in terms of top notch D-IA talent. To get an in there, (and i'm sure the staff already is *in* from their great recruiting of guys like MJD at UCLA), will be a HUGE pipeline for CU to strike... more important than some of the in-roads they've already made at Serra and Westlake. De La Salle is the pre-imminent top program in CA.

there's an echo in here ......

In that case...

If you're listening, Bart: Colorado...rado...rado...rado... Buffaloes...loes...loes...loes Commit....mit...mit...mit

:smile2:

Edit for our clarity: Bart didn't commit yet (afaik).

:woot: :woot: :woot: No wonder Cyler don't list us in his top 5 anymore :woot: :woot:

Relax guys. I didn't mean that he had committed. I was sending Bart a subliminal echo message.

Sorry for the confusion.

Back