What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA QB Shane Dillon (Signed to COLORADO)

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout

ESPN
247 Sports

i

Christian H.S. (El Cajon, CA)

Ht: 6-foot-5
Wt: 185 lbs
40: 4.6 secs

Rivals rating: 3*-5.7rr; #13 pro style QB
Scout rating: 3*; #28 QB
ESPN rating: 3*-77 grade; #51 QB
247s rating: 3*-88 rating; #21 Pro Style QB

Reported Offers: Colorado, Arizona, Cincinnati, Florida State, Ohio State, Vanderbilt

[video=youtube;zLtuajj4DWY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLtuajj4DWY[/video]

A little concerned with those 14 picks but kid has great size for being 17 years young.

Based on stats, this seems to be someone who has the tools & measurables to be developed rather than one of those Cali QBs that come in as pretty much a finished product (e.g., Jimmy Clausen).

Yep. The stats do not wow you, but I actually like Dillon quite a bit as a prospect, probably moreso than Bart Houston. If we end up with either, fine by me.

We should have no issues appealing to California QBs this cycle because most teams are filled up from last year or this year already.

A Cali kid with two offers from Ohio schools, but no offers from Pac 10 schools?

Dillon is working with George Whitfield, the QB coach that worked with Roethlisburger during his suspension and with Cam Newton to prepare for the draft. The offers are likely the result of connections Whitfield has with those programs.

Dillon is working with George Whitfield, the QB coach that worked with Roethlisburger during his suspension and with Cam Newton to prepare for the draft. The offers are likely the result of connections Whitfield has with those programs.

Thanks. Great info. Explains a lot.

Definitely rep-worthy, guys.

:thumbsup:

So you're saying CU should make the $25,000 check out to George Whitfield. Got it, somebody remind Bohn to write "Recruiting Services" in the memo line so it's on the up and up.

So that makes it 3 out of the big 4 QBs were at the Junior Day. I have to assume that's a plus.

Dillon is an interesting prospect, offers from Florida State and Ohio State, but not much else especially local? Weird.

According to AZ Dillon made an unofficial visit to CU yesterday and according to scout he picked up an offer from CU.

We seem to be in really good shape for Dillon.

AZ has had some good scoop on him lately.

It's weird that he's a Socal QB with zero offers from any Socal schools, yet has offers from places like Florida State and Ohio State.

Either way, I could care less who fails to recruit him if we can sign him. He's a project, but probably imo has the highest ceiling of any of the QBs we're after.

Visited over the weekend. Loved it.

So did Colorado make Dillon’s top five? It appears so.

“Colorado, Ohio State, Miami, USC and Stanford are my top five,” said Dillon, saying it was in no particular order.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1065819.html

Of note is that his good friend Erik Magnusen, the 4* OT that CU has also offered, visited CU along with Shane. No update on Erik yet, though.

Got some scoop that CU is the leader after Dillon's recent visit.

"Liked the coaches and loved the campus (suprise). They have family in Colorado and Shane's dad skis in Colorado so his dad would like him to go to CU. Didn't sound like he was seriously considering any of the offers back east."

Cross your fingers.

Back