What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA RB Davien Payne (Signed to Colorado)

Yeah, but this guy seems to just ignore it when recruits mention us. I think for the Chris Solomon interview he asked about ASU, but didn't even give a hell about us. Here he asked Payne about Boise and Washington quite a bit, but didn't care about CU.

edit: watched a few more videos of his and turns out he works for the USC 247 site, no wonder :lol:

Last edited:
I think this kid ends up at Boise State.. His facebook says he studies at Boise St, has said Boise St is his dream school multiple times, and now he says Boise St will be tough to beat. Also said he's going to Boise St and Washington camps, but not Colorado. Bummer.

They've been really good lately and have a top coach. Once we start winning we shouldn't lose kids to Boise.

Chris Brown is my #1 target thus far that i've heard about. Would like to have Payne but it will be his choice. I mean, if you're looking to go to some place to potentially play on in the NFL, where you going? CU or Boise? Payne just needs to do more homework and honestly, the stats should bear out in our favor in the rushing department after the season gets under way.

Chris Brown is my #1 target thus far that i've heard about. Would like to have Payne but it will be his choice. I mean, if you're looking to go to some place to potentially play on in the NFL, where you going? CU or Boise? Payne just needs to do more homework and honestly, the stats should bear out in our favor in the rushing department after the season gets under way.
CU.

As long as we get him to Boulder soon, I like our chances. He really likes Boise State, but a lot of that is because he knows the most about them.

I think this kid ends up at Boise State.. His facebook says he studies at Boise St, has said Boise St is his dream school multiple times, and now he says Boise St will be tough to beat. Also said he's going to Boise St and Washington camps, but not Colorado. Bummer.

I'm pretty sure he said he's going to visit Colorado in that video. Boise is certainly his favorite right now, but it doesn't seem insurmountable to me. He was pretty quick to talk about us right after Boise, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's 1. Boise 2. Colorado (who he hasn't even visited yet) 3. Washington (mostly because of the RB they signed a couple of years ago)

Boise -
BoiseStateUnversity.jpg

Boulder -
CUphoto_lg.jpg

Just got to get him to Boulder. Also, if I'm a running back and I have a chance to play under EB, that would seem like a no brainer.

I'm not overly worried. Boise vs CU we should usually win. EB vs Boise for a running back? I definitely like our chances. I'm just a little worried he's going to visit and there won't be many people on campus and there won't be that "family" vibe thing he's looking for.

Not sure what that article says but hopefully the plan is still to visit CU. That can and probably will change everything

To clarify for those of you who are not Scout subscribers and can't read the article:

He did not commit to Boise State. He named them his leader and he has felt that way for a while.

Also...

Many people have considered him a soft verbal to BSU since he visited them in April. He's looking to get away from where he grew up and find a family atmosphere where he feels most comfortable. The assumption has been that he will make a final decision after making an unofficial visit to CU.

I graduated from CU and now live in Boise, and Boise St is shoved down my throat where ever I look.. However, Boise is a great town. Far from the shizhole you make it out to be.

I could live without their fanbase for sure, but it's really hard not to like and respect Boise St football. Petersen is a gawd damned genius and seems like a really great guy, turning down just about every job thats opened up. So I can see why recruits are drawn to Boise. Great place to live, good staff, and Boise St players are gods in this town. I do wish we would land Payne and all others we're fighting them for, but I understand the draw.

It's been said a million times, but we should have left Opie in Boise and snagged Petersen.. I think things would have turned out much different.

We are going to have to do some serious selling to get a solid recruiting class this year. The University of Colorado has a lot to offer as we all know but recruits aren't thinking CU right now because we haven't been winning and the staff hasn't been out there near as long as the other schools. Boise has been winning ten games a year and has had the same staff on the road since before these kids got to high school.

I can safely say that a big majority of the class that we sign in February will be guys who at some point in the process favored some other school. At the same time we will lose a few that we really wanted who had us as favorites at some point as well.

The key is for our staff to get guys to Boulder, let them see what Boulder and CU offer, let them talk to the coaches and find out their background, let them develop some relationships with current players. Given time and these visits a good number of guys will decide that Boise or Arizona State or the other schools they favor are not as good an option as CU.

Give the kids time to visit and work it out. In the end Embree and Bienemy have a history of being solid recruiters, other guys on the staff have also shown that they can get the job done.

What doesn't help is putting up crap out of frustration on a kids thread before he has had a chance to find out if he really likes CU.

Ya.. It's hard when these guys don't have a track record to stand on at the college level. I think changing conferences adds to some of the uncertainty. Lots of question marks right now.

Ya.. It's hard when these guys don't have a track record to stand on at the college level. I think changing conferences adds to some of the uncertainty. Lots of question marks right now.

Lots of excitement, too. Playing in the Pac-12 is a big draw. So is the fact that every recruit who considers CU knows he would get great position coaching if he came here. Excellent academics. One of the top rated places in the country to live. Gorgeous campus. Top 25 all-time program.

This class really comes down to whether recruits believe that this staff, which hasn't achieved anything yet at the HC or coordinator levels, will be able to deliver on Saturdays and get us back. Some people will believe in the vision and want to be a part of it. Some will be on the fence and might buy in after seeing other good players commit and some solid performances on the field. And some simply won't commit to a program "on the rise", they'll want to be at one that's already established at or near the top based on the past season or few.

CU will be fine, there are a ton of good running backs in 2012 still uncomitted, Payne would be a great grab, his advisors should advise him to commit early or lose a spot. There are still the likes of Robert Lewis, Shell, Barry Sanders, Russell, Deniss Smith, Crowder, Kimbrow and others still uncommited.

CU will be fine, there are a ton of good running backs in 2012 still uncomitted, Payne would be a great grab, his advisors should advise him to commit early or lose a spot. There are still the likes of Robert Lewis, Shell, Barry Sanders, Russell, Deniss Smith, Crowder, Kimbrow and others still uncommited.

Half the guys on your list are not considering us.

As Slider says, the key is getting Payne to visit Boulder soon. That has always been the major hurdle here in overtaking Boise.

Half the guys on your list are not considering us.

As Slider says, the key is getting Payne to visit Boulder soon. That has always been the major hurdle here in overtaking Boise.

But Crowder, Denny Smith, Chris Brown are considering CU. And it is stillearly in the process a lot of things will change, more RBs will be offered. Getting Payne is not a must for CU, there are other fishes in the pond.

Last edited:
Good news!

Since I live here in Boise I have a few connects here, one of whom was at Boise St's camp this weekend.. Davien Payne was informed that his position is filled up and they don't have room for him. He should be ours now..

That is great news! If he likes CU, he better jump quick because we're still in on some studs and could be outed if he waits too long.

Good news!

Since I live here in Boise I have a few connects here, one of whom was at Boise St's camp this weekend.. Davien Payne was informed that his position is filled up and they don't have room for him. He should be ours now..

Makes sense. Boise already has three RB committs two of whom committed in the past week. Wouldn't assume that Payne will now just automatically committ to CU though.

Last edited:
Good news!

Thanks for sharing that info with the board Buffy. Some of us appreciate it. :smile2:

Good news!

unless tini ran him off

Back