What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA RB Davien Payne (Signed to Colorado)

Good news!

Since I live here in Boise I have a few connects here, one of whom was at Boise St's camp this weekend.. Davien Payne was informed that his position is filled up and they don't have room for him. He should be ours now..

I hope you're right, thanks for the news!

Nothing changes in his recruitment until he actually visits Boulder. Hope it happens soon, but the fact it has not happened yet is a bit odd to me.

Well that would be a nice piece of good luck for us. Hard to imagine Boise dropping a player of Payne's caliber, though.

Wasn't he supposed to visit this month? Money probably a factor.. although a lot of California high schools just got finished for the year.

Doesn't make a lot of sense. If he were as good as many think, then BSU would have held a spot for him especially given the fact they knew he was very high on them and going to their camp. My hunch is that many of his offers (including CU's) are not commitable offers.

Doesn't make a lot of sense. If he were as good as many think, then BSU would have held a spot for him especially given the fact they knew he was very high on them and going to their camp. My hunch is that many of his offers (including CU's) are not commitable offers.

:rofl:

Facepalm-2.jpg

Is this how I make y'all feel sometimes? Damn I'm sorry :lol:

Damn, you're right. Lucky us that BSU didn't save room for such an awesome RB despite knowing that he'd probably want to commit to them at their camp.

I'll play. Everything is going awesome for CU's recruiting class. We're going to have 10 studs by fall camp that will leave us the envy of the PAC 12.

i didn't say any of that. however, you are just like record, over and over, day in day out. boring as ****.

it is funny though, a recruit with multiple legit offers (the stuff you cream yourself over) and you dismiss them.

Rivals and ESPN have both rated Payne now as an upper mid-range 3* prospect.

He's a good player who, from all reports, has very high character. Remember, we're building a culture along with restocking talent. It's very important that we recruit Embo's type of guys as the foundation of the program.

Damn, you're right. Lucky us that BSU didn't save room for such an awesome RB despite knowing that he'd probably want to commit to them at their camp.

I'll play. Everything is going awesome for CU's recruiting class. We're going to have 10 studs by fall camp that will leave us the envy of the PAC 12.
The last RB commit BSU picked up was from Jack Fields, a 3* Texas RB who is fairly well-regarded. In fact, Scout has Fields as the #37 RB in the country, 3 spots behind Payne. Payne seems to generally be more well-regarded, including by Boise fans, but the difference doesn't seem to be big enough that they would turn down a commitment from another solid RB prospect. With two smaller, quicker RB commits already in the fold, it's not that hard to see a scenario where Payne gets squeezed out, despite being their #1 target. It's not like they just filled up with 2* players that no one else had any interest in. I would equate the scenario to the CU QB situation. If CU had Miles as their #1 target (and I don't think that was the case) and Dillon as #2, I don't see any way they would've turned down a Dillon commitment in the hope that Miles chose them.

Rivals and ESPN have both rated Payne now as an upper mid-range 3* prospect.

He's a good player who, from all reports, has very high character. Remember, we're building a culture along with restocking talent. It's very important that we recruit Embo's type of guys as the foundation of the program.
Also a 89 on 247. Would a 90 be a 4*?

you make tini appear competent... thats hard to do... you probably deserve some kind of medal :lol:

The last RB commit BSU picked up was from Jack Fields, a 3* Texas RB who is fairly well-regarded. In fact, Scout has Fields as the #37 RB in the country, 3 spots behind Payne. Payne seems to generally be more well-regarded, including by Boise fans, but the difference doesn't seem to be big enough that they would turn down a commitment from another solid RB prospect. With two smaller, quicker RB commits already in the fold, it's not that hard to see a scenario where Payne gets squeezed out, despite being their #1 target. It's not like they just filled up with 2* players that no one else had any interest in. I would equate the scenario to the CU QB situation. If CU had Miles as their #1 target (and I don't think that was the case) and Dillon as #2, I don't see any way they would've turned down a Dillon commitment in the hope that Miles chose them.

We also shouldn't dismiss the possibility that BSU figured that Payne was going to ultimately choose CU (or another one of his BCS offers) or he would have committed to them already.

We also shouldn't dismiss the possibility that BSU figured that Payne was going to ultimately choose CU (or another one of his BCS offers) or he would have committed to them already.
Absolutely. If BSU wasn't 100% certain they could land Payne, they had to take another well-regarded RB in Fields. The absolute worst-case scenario for them would've been declining Fields' commitment waiting for Payne (probably alienating him in the process), then watching Payne sign with CU or another school and not land either of these guys. It's just not as black and white as walk's making it out to be above.

Okay, I stand corrected. 247 lists lots of quality schools after him with offers. I'll say something positive now - I do want!:thumbsup:

So this would likely be our last RB (if he does commit to us that is) unless the RB from PA commits, correct?

So this would likely be our last RB (if he does commit to us that is) unless the RB from PA commits, correct?

I think we have numbers we are targeting as needs at every position and then we have another 5-7 slots open for athletes and blue chips we would make room for. At RB, the base number is 2.

While I'm on the subject and since we've discussed it before, the base number at OL is 5. I don't know of any others off hand.

We will end up with three RBs when it is all said and done IMO. We need some speed at both RB and WR in this class.

I think we have numbers we are targeting as needs at every position and then we have another 5-7 slots open for athletes and blue chips we would make room for. At RB, the base number is 2.

While I'm on the subject and since we've discussed it before, the base number at OL is 5. I don't know of any others off hand.

I have to say that RB is one position that I feel you could always take one player extra. One, they get injured. Two, RBs are usually good athletes that can translate their skills at other positions - WR, LB, S, etc.

We will end up with three RBs when it is all said and done IMO. We need some speed at both RB and WR in this class.

In agreement with you here. Payne is a good looking prospect, but neither he nor Crowder are really the burner/elusive RB types. I really think we would be well served to bring in a back with that agility and speed skill set to complement the physical styles of Payne and Crowder (assuming we land Payne).

I'm going to go ahead and call this one.

Welcome to the Buffs, Davien! Bring the Payne!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I think our scatback type is full. I don't see a bruiser RB on the roster so we can take 2. I also see Cordary moving to LB. Doesn't seem to have enough foot agility. Just my untrained opinion.

Love making some inroads into the Inland Empire. Plus Payne is a quality back.

Welcome to the Buff family Mr. Payne!

Let's keep the good news coming.

Back