What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA RB Donta Abron Jr. (Signed to Colorado)

Damn that video is sick and how he does not have more offers in crazy. Really like how he runs and how he runs with force and can run people over. How is his competition?

BuffChipsG
G The Producer:

Buff Chips Can confirm Donta Abron Jr a RB from Upland HS in CA, Has Committed to the buffs. Go Buffs!!!
AZ also has reported him as a commit. He's gonna be a good player. For us :nod:

AZ posted on his site that Abron committed. We were under the 24 hour rule, but the following tweet just came through from @BuffChipsG:

Buff Chips Can confirm Donta Abron Jr a RB from Upland HS in CA, Has Committed to the buffs. Go Buffs!!!

Welcome to the Buffs, Donta!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Abron is real quality. I am in the camp of those who think we need big and fast Rb's. I really hope Wes signs on. But there is no way we can pass up on a playmaker like this. Fine work, EB! Welcome to your new home Abron!

4b2008ca-faad-8cbc.jpg

4b2008ca-fae8-1702.jpg

www.hudl.com, great website, has clips of all his 2011 games.

Here's what I love... the guy has SPEED, but doesn't always run at the same rate. He is VERY patient waiting for his blockers, almost calm, cool and collected, 1 cut and go HB. Obviously, it helps when you have a guy like Christian Powell as a lead blocker. (BTW, check him out on film, #46, he's a BEAST. Would LOVE to have him commit too.) Hang back, let him clear things up, and when the hole opens, it's time TO GO! Boom. Just like that.

I hate saying this as a Bronco fan, but one of my favorite running teams, & backs to watch in regards of HOW to do it was the KC Chiefs in the early 00's, when they had Priest Holmes. They had some of the best blockers in the game on the line, and at fullback in William Roaf, John Tait, Will Shields, Tony Richardson among others... those guys would snap a play and it looked like perfect timing every play. Abron reminds me of that patience. It's not easy to do, and you need to have an extreme faith in your OL and blockers. I think it's in his nature though. The guy will bust off a 50 yard TD, hit pay dirt and flip the ball to the ref like it's practice or something. I don't think the next level will be too big for him.

Nice pickup for the Buffs... tell EB to get on the horn with Powell!

Nice pickup for the Buffs... tell EB to get on the horn with Powell!

We need Donta to go to work on all of his buddies:

Powell has visited Nebraska and Texas A&M. He is visiting Washington this weekend.

CU has also shown interest in other prospects from Upland.

WR Kenny Lawler has had a CU offer for a while (ASU verbal).
RB Donta Abron has also had a CU offer for a while.
ATH Marques Mosley also has CU as his only reported offer.

Here's the new Scout article on the Powell offer:

Powell received his most recent offer last week from Colorado.
“I was pretty excited,” said Powell “They have been keeping in close contact with me every since they offered me.”

We definitely have ground to make up on NU, aTm and UDub at this point.

His 5'8" stature will turn a lot of scouts off, for absolutely no reason. This kid is put together more like EB than Brian Lockridge. I like this kid on film but it's just highlights. They actually played some cream puffs this year and last.

I'm sure EB has done his homework though and has since reviewed complete game film against the better teams they've played (i.e. NORCO). His head coach is Tim Salter who has been doing this for awhile at a high level.

That process would have EB talking to coaches, opposing coaches, youth coaches, camp guys etc. And then talking to the kid many, many times and spending the last weekend with him with current players adding their two cents regarding character, etc.

Also came across a tidbit that Abron transferred from Alta Loma HS after his Soph year. Alta Loma went 0-10 his Soph year, but he was their best player.

Last edited:
ESPN has Abron #33 and Wes Brown #27. Abron looks like the real deal so I'll roll with the ESPN rating(although they normally suck) on this one. WELCOME!!

Like the pickup. I think Abron will see the field next season. He has speed we need in the RB group.

Glad we are building a presence in the Inland Empire.

Welcome aboard young man !! look forward to seeing you run up and down the field in Boulder - and everywhere the Buffs play ! You are coming to a great school in a beautiful part of the country and a great town to boot

Like this guy, he's impressive. Nik mentioned MJD, thats kinda who he reminds me of at least can see that in him. Not just fast, pretty physical runner as well.

Back