1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'12 CA RB Mike Elespuru

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by SoCalBuf, Oct 19, 2011.

1. SoCalBuf

SoCalBuf New Member

Mike Elespuru #27.jpg
    San Clemente HS (CA)
    Ht: 6-foot-0
    Wt: 195 lbs
    40: 4.5 secs

Rivals rating: NR
    Scout rating: NR
    ESPN rating: NR
    247s rating: NR
    Reported Offers: None

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  2. SoCalBuf

SoCalBuf New Member

San Clemente HS is absolutely loaded with talent this year. Mike Elespuru (pronounced L S Puru) is an absolute diamond in the rough. Great vision, great speed, hard to tackle and won't give up on his runs. Great hands and open field running ability.

San Clemente is rated #2 in California and #26 in the Country by MaxPreps and is destroying their competition on the ground behind a great front line which includes Kyle Murphy. Defense is also killing it this season.

Here is a link to Elespuru's hudl.com highlight film through the first 7 games.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/504945/mike-elespuru

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/toberco/MikeElespuru27.jpg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  3. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Can he play fb or s? Maybe even play fb like Vickers did and get quite a few carries as well. 200 already, wouldnt be hard to put 25 pounds or so on him.

4. SoCalBuf

SoCalBuf New Member

He has a great frame and could easily add 25lbs. High character kid, hard working with 3.9 GPA. I believe he has played some OLB in his career but I could also see him as a SS too.

5. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Is CU looking at him or is this a lark thread?

6. SoCalBuf

SoCalBuf New Member

Colorado to my knowledge is not looking at him. I posted this because the kid has skills and is flying under the radarbut is just starting to get noticed by scouts including Utah, San Diego State and others. Thought the board might be interested in checking this kid out. Utah saw him play while watching Travis Wilson and were very impressed.

7. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Ok thanks, just wondering, not trying to discourage. I appreciate your input.

8. bigbang2

bigbang2 Typical, brain knowledge or the ability to have a

Looks good, but i believe the staff is looking for bigger backs this cycle. After saying that he would be an excellent addition, i also like Joe Hansley from Highlands ranch, Ballers.