What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA SF Xavier Johnson (Signed to Colorado)

Expanded Boyle Comments "Xavier comes from a great school (Mater Dei HS) that is excellent in not only athletics, but also academics. Xavier is another kid with all the tools to become as good as he wants to be. When we recruit, we are looking for players that have things we can't coach, and you see that in Xavier when you watch him play. This is a kid that can be a really special player for us one day, and we look forward to coaching him."[FONT=Cambria, serif]
[/FONT]

This is the crown jewel of the class in my opinion. Great job Tad! I think he oozes skill and whereas I'm expecting to be patient with all of the other signees, I'm expecting XJ to contribute a lot immediately.

[video]http://www.ballislife.com/wtw-xavier-johnson/[/video]

Nice little highlight video picked up over at http://www.ballislife.com
He's definitely athletic, the thing that surprised me most was how comfortable he looked in the post, he's not afraid of contact and thats a good quality to have.

I know it's been a shared sentiment around here lately, but i'm real stoked on these 2012 kids.

Just a quick observation from the video but anyone else notice how left centered his play is. I understand he is left handed, but I feel like the key to defending him might be pushing him to the right of the basket.

I highly recommend following @DaveTelep and @EvanDanielscout right now as they're both live-tweeting a Mater Dei game. Xavier has 9 points through the first quarter.

Yeah, that's the headline news story when you sign on to Yahoo IM.

Telep also mentioned something about Xavier taking it right at Shabbaz Muhammad, who is one of the top 2 or 3 players in that class. Was nice to read that

FWIW, he tweeted yesterday that he and Shabazz are "really good friends", and that he meant no disrespect with the kiss.

One time during this spring league this punk kid on another team was talking trash constantly to almost everybody for two straight games (they played another team right before us) so right before halftime of our game I get a steal and have a wide open breakaway...I slow up to wait for him, then proceed to dunk on him and then turned and called him a bitch to his face. He didn't say a word the rest of the game.

His dad, however, decided to come up to me after the game and say how classless I was and asked for my head coach's number so he could call and complain (we were playing at my high school gym, HC's not allowed to be there for this league). I gave him the # and told him, "I wouldn't have embarassed your son if he wasn't talking **** the entire day. I taught him a lesson. Tell my coach I say hi." Cool story, bro.

I've always kinda been an asshole.

-- I'm a [strike] mother****ing [/strike] internet Angel --

/facepalm

Not deserving of a facepalm. I would prefer he not do that crap either. I'm fine with showing emotion after a big play and chest bumping a teammate and pumping up the crowd, but what he did draws a tech. I won't accept that no matter how big the play. HCTB is the only one who should ever get a tech.

I've got no problem with the kiss blowing since it was a friend of his. I'd be ok if it was an enemy too. Only time I don't like it is if someone's doing that every time he makes a play - and that's not the case here.

I've got no problem with the kiss blowing since it was a friend of his. I'd be ok if it was an enemy too. Only time I don't like it is if someone's doing that every time he makes a play - and that's not the case here.
This. Love when players play with attitude.

One other thing that I'm loving is that Xavier doesn't back down in the least. Seems like he raises his game when he's going up against the best. I've seen the same thing with Josh Scott, so I'm very excited about the freshmen coming in next year.

One other thing that I'm loving is that Xavier doesn't back down in the least. Seems like he raises his game when he's going up against the best. I've seen the same thing with Josh Scott, so I'm very excited about the freshmen coming in next year.

This is very important.

Back