What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA TE Jalen Cope-Fitzpatrick (Signed to USC)

those two in two tight end sets. both are already bigger than vaughnie and seem to value blocking.
He seemed really into SC tho. if we win friday then give him a good visit, i think we got a good shot.

are these are two main TE prospects?

3 TE in one class?

Absolutely. We didn't get one in the 2011 class. 1 or 2 would play as true freshmen.

Edit: I'm obviously a bit higher on Slavin than Snow is. :smile2: I think he'll be a solid option who will get a lot of minutes next year.

IF we get all three I think Irwin would definitely RS... just to add weight and he missed nearly his entire SR year

IF we get all three I think Irwin would definitely RS... just to add weight and he missed nearly his entire SR year

Probably. You never know until they start practicing, though. I would have never guessed that Spruce would be redshirting this year while McCullough got significant PT.

Probably. You never know until they start practicing, though. I would have never guessed that Spruce would be redshirting this year while McCullough got significant PT.

Ya. Or that Speedy would start over DScott, etc.

If we can get DeVaughn up to a good playing weight, a rotation with Jalen and Mcnamara would be awesome! I hope that the "Genius" that Mcnamara was talking about can show them something that they haven't seen before and get them here to Boulder!

If we can get DeVaughn up to a good playing weight, a rotation with Jalen and Mcnamara would be awesome! I hope that the "Genius" that Mcnamara was talking about can show them something that they haven't seen before and get them here to Boulder!

I heard from someone with a close tie to the program that Thornton is really struggling with the playbook. His athleticism may be intriguing, but if he doesn't know what to do on plays, it's tough to have him on the field. Hopefully he corrects this

I heard from someone with a close tie to the program that Thornton is really struggling with the playbook. His athleticism may be intriguing, but if he doesn't know what to do on plays, it's tough to have him on the field. Hopefully he corrects this
to struggle, you must first try.

It would not be a stretch to say that if we get McNamara, JCF, along with Irwin that Thornton would quickly become #4 on the depth chart. I like Thorntons athletic ability but he hasn't stepped up and made plays.

On the other hand there is a reason why bunches of schools would like to have McNamara or JCF and Irwin looks like a more complete player on tape than Thornton and it is hard to argue with his attitude.

I have seen a number of occasions where Embree has just ripped into Thornton for costly mistakes or what I would assume are blown assignments. I get the impression that part of why he is playing is simply because we don't have better options at the moment.

I don't see him ever getting it. The interception near the goal line that Tyler threw vs. ASU, he definitely expected Thornton to be where the ball went. He was yelling at him after that play.

We also haven's seen Slavin too much so I can't imagine anyone is high on him. We have to have players that can contribute. We can't whiff very often and the last 2 Hawk classes were flat out scary how many guys will never contribute.

His qb at Whitney hs, Jake Rodriguez is a Oregon commit. I have zero inside info but just see him going that direction even with Baylis. I would love to be wrong.

Back