What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA TE Taylor McNamara (Verbal to Oklahoma)

I know the word had been that he didn't exactly gel with his prospective FSU teammates, not sure what that was about though. Anyways, do we have two unicorns available?

_TwoUnicorns.jpg

According to AZ he has set up a visit with CU. Looks like we have some stiff competition

McNamara is going to be a baller in our offense. He could easily add 15 pounds and be a complete TE. CU pro style offense will develop him into a 1st or 2nd round NFL draft choice.

If I were a TE who dreams of playing in the league one day I would be very interested in playing for Embree. Between his experience as a college and NFL TE and his experience coaching at the NFL level he has the technical expertise to teach what a guy needs to know to succeed in the NFL. He also is already showing that he will use his TEs in a balanced manner as keys in both the running game and in the passing game as both recievers and blockers.

A lot of guys in college are great at one aspect or another but the pros usually don't have time to teach and develop an entire aspect of the game. A guy who can come in and adapt to what the league wants him to do has a much better chance of getting drafted and ending up on a roster.

If I were a TE who dreams of playing in the league one day I would be very interested in playing for Embree. Between his experience as a college and NFL TE and his experience coaching at the NFL level he has the technical expertise to teach what a guy needs to know to succeed in the NFL. He also is already showing that he will use his TEs in a balanced manner as keys in both the running game and in the passing game as both recievers and blockers.

A lot of guys in college are great at one aspect or another but the pros usually don't have time to teach and develop an entire aspect of the game. A guy who can come in and adapt to what the league wants him to do has a much better chance of getting drafted and ending up on a roster.

Be don't talk up Brookhart enough. Even if we didn't have one of the top TE coaches in the nation as our HC, put our position coach had two Belitnikoff winners at WR while he was at Pitt. He's our pass game coordinator so you know you'll get the ball as a TE, and he's also our special teams coordinator so you know you'll have a good chance to play early there.

So is it true that he and Dillon are friends and that Dillon is trying to turn him to CU?

sounds like he's going to be at the Wazzu game Saturday-
Hope CU plays well and it would be sweet if Deehan could have a big game.

Deehan was one of the lone bright spots last weekend. As long as teams continue to focus on PRich I think we can keep feeding that deep seam.

Deehan was one of the lone bright spots last weekend. As long as teams continue to focus on PRich I think we can keep feeding that deep seam.

I think that this is going to be the longterm trend with this teams offense. Ideally they are going to have mid-level and deep threats outside with the WRs to pull the safeties out and back, a solid running attack both inside and off-tackle to keep the LBs up. The result of this will be an open middle for the TEs, especially off of play-action.

The problem is getting there. With PRich we have a reciever who is both a deep threat and an effective mid-level reciever. TClem has been inconsistent but I hold out a lot of hope for McCulloch as that mid-level threat to balance the field. Our three WR commits show a lot of promise for the future as well but you never know about recruits until they actually do it on the field.

I like what I see from Jones as a future RB but question his ability to be "the" guy in this offense. Getting a commit from Wes Brown would be huge in this area along with turning a couple of more big O-linemen who can open holes for the running game.

If it all comes together like we hope, this offense will be a showcase for talented TEs to audition for the Pros.

He came down with the flu... played in his game but it would have made for a long trip with the time he would have been leaving and getting into Boulder. Probably a good thing overall. Sounds like he REALLY likes CU/Embree and plans to reschedule:

"I've been throwing up the last few days and have a 103-degree fever," McNamara said. "It's awful timing because we have a big game on Friday and I really wanted to see Colorado. I'm still going to suck it up and play in the game but I don't think i'll have the strength to do the visit.

"my flight was at 4:00 a.m. ET in the morning on Saturday and I think i'll just be wiped out. I'll re-schedule for sure though because I like Colorado a lot. Coach Embree is awesome, he' s a former tight end himself and the have one of the best coaching staffs in America. They need tights and playing time is available so it's a good situation there for sure."

Back