What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA WR Chris Harper (Signed to Cal)

A California WR coming to Dallas -SMU...

Talk about bringing coal to Newcastle.

Might be worth watching if June Jones truly does go Arizona State ... unless we´re done with receivers

What's the appeal of SMU?

SMU is a country club. It's a place for the childeren of wealthy executives to date and party with the offspring of other wealthy people.

The snooty factor at SMU is off the charts. The name brand purses,fancy watches, custom designer boots, collared shirts, and silver candelabras come out in force at their tailgate. (Man, did I feel out of place in my sandles and t-shirt.) Those kids are clothes horses and into their status symbols. It's like walking through Cherry Creek Mall or Aspen, but with no ski mountain, and populated by 18-23 year old fashion magazine subscribers who don't really care about football.

One tailgate tent was ponsored by Joe's Crabshack. How about a heaping plate of Crab Fettichini to go along with the Zinfindel?

You gotta tailgate at SMU to believe it. It's like a mini Old Miss Grove scene made up of Ralph Lauren, Channel and Lexus clients.

At least the filthy rich kids in Boulder like to ski and aren't afraid of a goatee and getting dirty.

The SMU variety wear Sperry Topsiders, cartigans and fancy evening attire.

The fraternity rave tent was a sight to behold. It would not surprise me in the least if some if the kids dancing their asses off before 1PM kickoff were fueled by ecstasy and coke.

SMU is a country club. It's a place for the childeren of wealthy executives to date and party with the offspring of other wealthy people.

The snooty factor at SMU is off the charts. The name brand purses,fancy watches, custom designer boots, collared shirts, and silver candelabras come out in force at their tailgate. (Man, did I feel out of place in my sandles and t-shirt.) Those kids are clothes horses and into their status symbols. It's like walking through Cherry Creek Mall or Aspen, but with no ski mountain, and populated by 18-23 year old fashion magazine subscribers who don't really care about football.

One tailgate tent was ponsored by Joe's Crabshack. How about a heaping plate of Crab Fettichini to go along with the Zinfindel?

You gotta tailgate at SMU to believe it. It's like a mini Old Miss Grove scene made up of Ralph Lauren, Channel and Lexus clients.

At least the filthy rich kids in Boulder like to ski and aren't afraid of a goatee and getting dirty.

The SMU variety wear Sperry Topsiders, cartigans and fancy evening attire.

The fraternity rave tent was a sight to behold. It would not surprise me in the least if some if the kids dancing their asses off before 1PM kickoff were fueled by ecstasy and coke.

You gotta be kidding me!?! Never pair a Zinfindel with crab fettuccine!

Your perception of SMU is hilarious. Couldn't be more wrong. I am at law school there right now. Yes, the undergrad kids probably have a lot of money, but it's not the way you describe it. When I was at Boulder, the money was just as in your face as it is at smu. Cali kids driving range rovers in Boulder is no different than dallas kids driving bmw's in dallas. The one knock on SMU is their football. Went to two games and it was soooo bad in terms of attendance. More people attended games at the stutler bowl than they do at SMU. It is the farthest thing from a football atmosphere. I have no idea in the world why someone would want to come here and play in front of nobody?

Your perception of SMU is hilarious. Couldn't be more wrong. I am at law school there right now. Yes, the undergrad kids probably have a lot of money, but it's not the way you describe it. When I was at Boulder, the money was just as in your face as it is at smu. Cali kids driving range rovers in Boulder is no different than dallas kids driving bmw's in dallas. The one knock on SMU is their football. Went to two games and it was soooo bad in terms of attendance. More people attended games at the stutler bowl than they do at SMU. It is the farthest thing from a football atmosphere. I have no idea in the world why someone would want to come here and play in front of nobody?
Law school provides NO basis for judging the undergrad student body, except for certain lucky and (usually) individual exceptions.

Go Creek!

Law school provides NO basis for judging the undergrad student body, except for certain lucky and (usually) individual exceptions.

You telling me that most of the women attending CU Law are rather bookish was all I needed to know on that front.

Cherry Creek grads playing the "not so wealthy, it's not like that" card. Sheesh.

My description is a result of "Boulevarding" on game day.

I'm sure that Boulevarding brings out a side of SMU you don't see M-F at the Law School or on those 80 days a year when the temp is over 100.

Here's some schooling on SMU.

SMU fashion website
http://www.smustyle.com

Pix from the Boulevard. Find the preppy...
a6934813-585a-a027.jpg

a6934813-5914-936a.jpg

a6934813-5929-7605.jpg

You thought Aggie had a monopoly on rediculous overpriced leather boots?
a6934813-589e-e684.jpg

I've seen sackygate's spread. It's not like this.
a6934813-597d-fb72.jpg

a6934813-5994-7c15.jpg

General scene
a6934813-59bb-7042.jpg
a6934813-59ca-6c6c.jpg
a6934813-59d3-dfc1.jpg
a6934813-59dd-7c5e.jpg

I stand by my description and rest my case.

Last edited by a moderator:
You got pictures of students tailgaiting in their normal school clothes. Thanks for proving my point. Normal people, that aren't football fans. This is no different from boulder other than the fact that CU has a better football culture and the fans are therefore wearing jerseys and such. Country clubbing my a**.

You got pictures of students tailgaiting in their normal school clothes. Thanks for proving my point. Normal people, that aren't football fans. This is no different from boulder other than the fact that CU has a better football culture and the fans are therefore wearing jerseys and such. Country clubbing my a**.

What passes for normal school clothes at SMU isn't considered normal at CU. Just saying...

SMU pre game festivities is like a bar mitzvah on Methodist turf. Very country clubby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okayyy Skid. Back on topic with Mr. Harper. The kid has game and should be going to a school where he will have fans that appreciate his game, regardless of their parents income :lol:

Okayyy Skid. Back on topic with Mr. Harper. The kid has game and should be going to a school where he will have fans that appreciate his game, regardless of their parents income :lol:

Read the bold, folks.

I can split this off if you want to continue debating the merits of oxford cloth, mollusks and zinfandel.

I completely agree with your assessment of the low energy in-stadium atmosphere at Gerald Ford stadium. The SMU conference USA vibe is nothing, NOTHING, like Folsom.

If CH wants to play on TV in front of passionate fans, he could do better than the hilltop.

Back