What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA WR Derrick Woods and a General Question

Denver_sc

Club Member
Club Member
I was messing around on Rival's top 250 for '12 and came across this guy:

Derrick Woods, Inglewood, CA WR

I didn't see a profile for him after searching in the forum. If you scroll down to his school choices, you'll see CU listed as "medium interest" even though we don't have an offer to him. My question is, where do the services get the interest level from? If from the athlete, it would be wise for the staff to contact this guy.

Usually it's from the athlete unless the site defaults it for the in-state programs.

We try to keep the AllBuffs profiles as much to just offered players as possible. There are over 175 offers out right now for football and that's a lot of profiles for us to manage. Throw in the in-state guys we like to track and some others we have added for whatever reason and we're about at our limit for keeping up with it all. If we added in all the players who list CU interest but with no offer from the Buffs, we'd end up with double or triple the number of profiles to manage, including a lot of guys CU will never offer and many guys who won't even end up at a D1 program.

On Woods, for example, we would be likely to add a profile if he said in an interview that he was going to visit CU or something. Or someone might just decide to do one since he's a player of note in the west and he's likely to sign with one of our Pac-12 rivals even if we don't recruit him at CU. But we do try to limit the non-offer, non-CU-mention prospects in the AB database.

It looks like he just mentioned the whole PAC10 when asked about his interest. Profile didn't give any real reason to think that CU is recruiting him much.

I would think that with the Thomases committed the staff is going to get fairly picky about who else they go after at WR. Since the Thomases look to be so strongly complimentary of each other as well they provide a lot of possibilities for the staff. Whoever else gets taken is going to have to have something special that he adds to the team.

I don't know anything about this guy but I would be very surprised if we hear much more about him and CU.

Back