What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO C Josh Scott (Signed to Colorado)

I think dyemeduke was very clear. He said that he hopes he is put to shame on his early opinions of Scott and Gordon.

And as true AllBuffers, we will not hesitate to apply said shame. :smile2:

Now that they're both Top 100 guys on various lists, I think it's time for dyemeduke to make, "In Tad I Trust" his AllBuffs signature. :smile2:

:lol:

Would have prefered if Scott had "blown up" after signing his LOI. Boyle's may have to do some work to keep him committed. Hopefully he stays loyal when some of the bigger name programs come calling.

:lol::thumbsup:

Hey man, I have no problem admitting that I am wrong on a prospect - all I saw were his stats being great against weak competition, and then going down against better HS teams. That and he looked rail thin, particularly for his height.

I hope Scott keeps blowing up though - KC was a good start, but it'd be nice to see even more production. I hope he does just as good at Bob Gibbons.

Good job to Josh - keep proving my doubt wrong.

Scott's going to be a great player for us. Besides the post skills, I love what a battler he is. He takes it to these guys who all the experts rate more highly than him. Plays with a chip on his shoulder. Can't wait until he's wearing the black, gold and silver.

OH MY GOD...from Ebosshoops on twitter
"Colorado commit Josh Scott with 43 points 12 rebounds and 7 blocks to move Colorado Chaos to GASO semis"

Rivals.com writeup:

Josh Scott, PF, Colorado Chaos- After impressing at a May tournament in Kansas City, the future Colorado big man struggled a bit at NBPA Top 100 Camp. Matched up with the nation's third-ranked player in 2012 -- Isaiah Austin -- on Saturday afternoon Scott took the fight to Austin, overpowered him and actually got the better of the much more highly ranked player. It doesn't mean he's a better prospect, but all that mattered was that game and his physicality in the lane earned his team a win over Family First. Big and strong, his skill level and ability to create out of the high post are better than we'd initially realized.

I would think that Scott is headed for a 4* ranking and into the Top 100 on Rivals. Regardless of whether that adjustment is made, it is deserved.

I would think that Scott is headed for a 4* ranking and into the Top 100 on Rivals. Regardless of whether that adjustment is made, it is deserved.

For some reason I already thought he was a 4* on Rivals. Wow. Stunned he's still a 3*.

BTW Nik, Rivals now has his weight at 225. How many sources do you guys get confirmation from before you change the profile here?

I'll update weight in a bit. All it takes is pointing it out to me. :smile2:

What is most important now is when is LOI day. I think he is pretty solid and certainly Boyle knows what he is doing in recruiting but I will feel a lot more comfortable once we have his signature on the LOI form. If he keeps doing stuff like this he isn't going to be overlooked by the major schools.

Early period is Nigel Tufnel Day (11/11/11) through 11/17/11. Regular is 4/13/12 through 5/18/12.

According to Adam:

After winning Pool 34, the Colorado Chaos lost to Deron Williams Elite in overtime in the Great American Shootout Red Division semifinals.

The coach of the winning team said he had no answer for Scott. Sounds like they packed it in, slowed it down, and barely hung on. Deron Williams Elite has some players, too, iirc.

Scott just absolutely seems to be blowing up right now. He might have some early playing time in Boulder

Thinking a little about the kid who was supposed to be covering him. Gets home from the tournament.

"Mom, I know you paid a bunch of money for me to play on this club team and go to the tourney but I don't want to play any more, it sucks, basketball just isn't fun anymore, I do better at video games."

Thinking a little about the kid who was supposed to be covering him. Gets home from the tournament.

"Mom, I know you paid a bunch of money for me to play on this club team and go to the tourney but I don't want to play any more, it sucks, basketball just isn't fun anymore, I do better at video games."

That kid is a top 10 prospect.

Isaiah Austin. 7'0" 200lbs.
Rivals: 5*; #1 PF (#3 overall)
Scout: 5*; #2 C
ESPN: 5*; #2 C (#2 overall)
247s: 5*; 100 rating (highest possible)

And he got used.

When you give up 43 points in a game to somebody who also gets double figure rebounds and seven blocks, you didn't have a fun game.

To his credit if he is 7'0" and weighs 200lbs he is at a severe strength disadvantage to Scott and most likely is still figuring out how to move his feet after all that growing. Big guys tend to develop slower and Scott is a good athlete.

Still had to be a terrible day for the kid.

I was under the impression that he went at Austin on Saturday's game and abused someone else on Sunday. Am I wrong?

I was under the impression that he went at Austin on Saturday's game and abused someone else on Sunday. Am I wrong?

I had the opposite impression. Sunday is the game they lost to Deron Williams Elite. Saturday was the big game where they won their group against Austin's team. I think I have this right.

I had the opposite impression. Sunday is the game they lost to Deron Williams Elite. Saturday was the big game where they won their group against Austin's team. I think I have this right.

I hope you have this right. Another pitcher on me if you do!

I don't care if another guy is a better prospect than Josh, I care that Josh absolutely kicked his ass. That's called scoreboard...

Rivals:

Josh Scott
The Colorado commitment has been knocking on the door of the 2012 Rivals150 all spring and summer. After watching him outplay the nation's No. 3 player, Isaiah Austin, head-to-head in Duncanville at the Great American Shootout it would appear that Scott is in good position to break that door down. He's not flashy, but the big man is strong, skilled and plays at an even pace.

Back