What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO C Josh Scott (Signed to Colorado)

After watching Scott in Vegas, ESPN is projecting him as an all-conference player at CU:

Josh Scott (Monument, Col./Lewis-Palmer)
2012, PF/C, 6-9, 210 pounds
This was our first look at Scott, and we came away impressed. The Colorado commit has a solid frame with nice length as well as a soft touch out to 15-feet. In his matchup against his future rival, Arizona commit Grant Jerrett (La Verne, Calif./La Verne Lutheran), Scott was able to display his versatile skill set. In the beginning, he struggled finishing through contact, but then took Jerrett out on the perimeter and knocked down some shots. Later in the second half, he became more aggressive and backed Jerrett down on the low block to convert some hard-nosed finishes. Both of these bigs (Scott and Jerrett) are a college-level weight program away from being very productive All-Conference performers.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...d/6799527/marcus-smart-stands-adidas-super-64

Scott's just blowing up this summer! He should be a consensus top-100 by the end of the summer if this continues. Can't wait to see him and Gordon in black and gold!

It is going to be nice having a real PF on our team, instead of a 6-9 SG playing PF. we should have about 14 feet of center that we can rotate an have Scott rotate with Cain.

Always nice to catch up on a recruit thread through a few months of updates and see the news just get better and better. Keep up the hard work Josh, your Buff family is cheering for you!

Wow....

ColoradoChaos:

Josh Scott moves up to #47 in the country on ESPN rankings. He's the highest ranked Colorado player since Chauncey. Awesome news.

They now have him with a 95 grade and as the #10 C in the nation.

Stay with us young man! We've been loving you for quite awhile now.

I gotta say - this is crazy. When Josh first verballed, most of us were like "who the hell is that?" It's obvious (to me, anyway) that Boyle is really on his game. I think we're really on the verge of some very big things at CU, basketball wise. I never thought in my wildest dreams that CU would be in that situation. This isn't like when we got Chauncey. That was a one-shot deal. Once he was gone, we were back to mediocrity. I honestly get the sense that Boyle is building a serious basketball machine here. Who would have ever thought that possible?

God, if we can somehow finish our recruiting class with Caruso and Hairston.... Wow.

BTW, the 95 grade on ESPN is a huge deal. Here's part of their grading scale:

97-100: High-major plus prospect
Player demonstrates rare abilities. He should have an immediate impact at a national program with the potential for early entry into the NBA.

94-96: High-major prospect
Player is the centerpiece to a high-major program who starts three to four years.

so I noticed he is graded out at Center, but here he is still listed at PF, any idea on where he plays in our offense? I am really intrigued by having a 6-11 C (or 7-1 if Mills can put it together) and 6-10 PF on the court at the same time. Throw in a 6-4 G, a 6-5 wing and a 6-7 wing and you have some serious matchup problems for most teams.

so I noticed he is graded out at Center, but here he is still listed at PF, any idea on where he plays in our offense? I am really intrigued by having a 6-11 C (or 7-1 if Mills can put it together) and 6-10 PF on the court at the same time. Throw in a 6-4 G, a 6-5 wing and a 6-7 wing and you have some serious matchup problems for most teams.

Bigger and more athletic works for me.

I think he's a forward. If we go smaller on the court, I'd still see him at forward with Gordon playing the "5".

Read someplace that recent report has both Gordon and Scott at 6'9" (and still growing.) Reports are that Gordon is more comfortable with his back to the basket but athletic enough and skilled enough to develop a solid game facing it. Scott is doing a lot of damage facing the basket but is skilled and physical enough to do damage with his back to it.

If these reports are correct you are looking at a nightmare for opposing coaches to defense. A lot of schools have one good, athletic big guy who can defend inside but very few have two. What you end up with is either somebody who is big enough but not athletic enough to compete or is athletic enough but lacks the physical size to compete on one or the other.

Throw in a developing Mills who looks like he in going to have some skills and you get a rotation on the front line that is very hard to stop. If we can get some outside offense to keep teams from packing down in a zone it becomes almost impossible.

It's great that Scott blew up this summer, but we're still waiting on Gordon - hopefully my tentaviness is proved wrong with him too. Mills however...he has a long way to go. Based on what I've seen (granted, not a ton, but still very telling), I really hope Scott and Gordon quickly pass Mills in the rotation...as in at the start of their freshman seasons.

It's great that Scott blew up this summer, but we're still waiting on Gordon - hopefully my tentaviness is proved wrong with him too. Mills however...he has a long way to go. Based on what I've seen (granted, not a ton, but still very telling), I really hope Scott and Gordon quickly pass Mills in the rotation...as in at the start of their freshman seasons.
if harris tunks is healthy... mills redshirts

That is awesome news. It's impressive to have this much action in fall camp in football season.

Josh Scott Mancrush lives here! Go get em kid! Keep getting better!

Sweet! Jeff Borzello answered my question. It was a softball, but I was curious to hear his thoughts on Scott -- plus I really enjoy seeing CU being mentioned in national articles for basketball.

Curious to hear your thoughts on Josh Scott of Colorado. He seems to be a fast riser. Is CU getting a steal with him?

Scott is an interesting case. When we saw him at the Tournament of Champions in May, he was excellent. However, at the NBPA Top 100 Camp, he struggled mightily in nearly every game. In July, though, he was back to the form that made people so high on him in the spring. The fact is, Scott is a different player with his AAU team and is tough to evaluate in a camp setting. He scores very well around the rim and makes smart decisions in the post. Scott, along with Wesley Gordon, is a very good pickup for the Buffaloes.

is this your opinion? a dream you had? or do you know something we don't. I am hoping Mills redshirts as well.
I was at a fah breakfast with Boyle last fall and he stayed over to talk with some who wanted to afterward. When I asked him about redshirting Mills, he indicated that was his intent. His observation was that Mills might actually be better off redshirting this coming year than last, because he had a taste at least as as freshman of what to expect and that would enhance what he focused on from the bench during games. He said that he would have redshirted Mills as a freshman if Tunks had not had the injury.

I think everyone's intent is to redshirt Mills. I'm just not sure we have the frontcourt depth to do it yet. I don't really think he's going to be a consistent minutes guy this year but we are going to need his size at times unless we have more frontcourt depth than expected.

I think everyone's intent is to redshirt Mills. I'm just not sure we have the frontcourt depth to do it yet. I don't really think he's going to be a consistent minutes guy this year but we are going to need his size at times unless we have more frontcourt depth than expected.

Really depends on Tunks. If he stays healthy and can avoid foul trouble (a big problem for young bigs), he should be able to give us 25-30 minutes a night. As long as that happens, Mills can redshirt with no problem. But if things break a certain way and we'd have to count on Dufault & Roberson for 40 minutes a night at the "5", then I don't see how we could avoid playing Mills to reduce that burden and get Dufault & Roberson playing in position. I trust Mills to play 10-15 minutes much more than I trust Eckloff to do it.

Back