What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO CB Gavin McHenry (Signed to Air Force)

His head coach made a team announcement this morning that UConn Huskies will be calling today with his first D1 BCS offer! Gavin seems pretty impressed with their recruiter who he ran into recently but I'm sure holding out hope he gets to stay and play closer to home . . .

Congrats to Gavin!

Rivals is now reporting the UConn offer. LINK

"The schools that have stopped by have been CU, UCONN, and Stanford. I talked to those coaches a little bit. I was told by the Utah coach that they would send a coach to talk to me as well."

McHenry will be getting a chance to showcase his skills in front of some of those same coaches in June.

"I'm going to UNLV, Utah, Air Force, CU, and CSU. I am pretty sure those are the ones I can fit it. It is a pretty busy month with football stuff at Chaparral. I'll be busy but it is fun.

Really dont want to see him playing in the Pac-12 unless its for CU. That kind of speed, and the ability he has to make a play on the ball would be very dangerous in an opponent we play every year.

Always nice to see fast corners who aren't afraid of contact. Looks like Gavin isn't at all afraid to lay the wood on someone, which is a big asset.

He definitely enjoys the contact. His coach nicknamed him Cobra: Hits fast and hits hard. :nod:

Really great that his recruiting is going well. Hope he has a good showing at the CU camp this summer and then comes on with a big senior year.

Great time.

Looking forward to hearing how he does on the camp circuit this summer. :thumbsup:

Won't be able to participate in the Sat Night Lights event tonight due to a team conflict, but attended the skills camp yesterday and represented well. Got a personal tour from coach Brown. He's a class act and seemingly a straight shooter. Not sure how many corners they offered but looking at 20 or so and Gavin seems to be in the hunt . . . if still around by then. Weight room and locker room facilities = "wow". I've heard so much about Oregon's facilities that it caught me off guard in how nice it is at CU. Felt like a Fortune 50 executive floor.

Thanks for the update. Good luck to Gavin whether it's with CU or elsewhere.

Rumor is he will be soon committing to the Air Force Falcons. Some in his family were hoping he'd be a Buff but not much love shown from Boulder. His uncle is happy though!

Rumor is he will be soon committing to the Air Force Falcons. Some in his family were hoping he'd be a Buff but not much love shown from Boulder. His uncle is happy though!

Thanx for the info. Hard to beat the academics offered by the service academies. Good luck to him!

Thanks for the update.

I'll be following him in college and hoping he does well at AFA.

Probably a pretty good fit for him and a tremendous opportunity to play the game he loves and then serve his country. Congrats!

Not a bad deal, get to play D1 football, even if you are a little less gifted than a lot of the guys you play against, and beat most of them.

Get an absolutely first class eduction, actually get paid while you are going to school (legally, not SEC style,) leave school with zero debt (other than a time commitment) and be guaranteed a quality job without ever having to fill out a resume.

41 ????? wow

The media is always so fast to talk about "poor Air Force" with their academic restrictions and military obligation but they don't balance that with the fact that Air Force can bring in huge numbers of kids every year. They recruit a lot of kids who are just on the edge of being D1 prospects, kids who are a couple inches short, 20lbs light, a step slower or who just came from a small school and didn't get much attention. Some of them they send to the prep school. A certain number don't make it but they know that a lot of them will grow and develop and they end up with a lot of players.

In addition to the 41 reported they will probably have another 15-20 kids at their fall camp who were pretty good HS players that were not considered "recruits" but who will be out there trying to make the team as well.

Back