What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO DE Derek McCartney (Signed to Colorado - GS)

Derek committing to us and carrying on coach Macs legacy is the LEAD STORY on rivals.com right now.

I really hope this works out for the young man. I am quite confident that neither Mac nor Embree would put him in this situation if he wasn't a kid who they thought would cut it and contribute. Too many whispers of nepotism - so I sure hope there will be no doubt.

of course, I assumed that Cody Hawkins was going to be better because why would anyone do that to their kid if they were borderline?

I've got a lot more confidence in Mac and Embree though. And it's not QB, so the lights aren't as bright. Get a free education at UNC and nobody knows. Come to your Grandpa's program, on scholarship, you better be able to back it up. I'm confident he will. Sort of.

I really hope this works out for the young man. I am quite confident that neither Mac nor Embree would put him in this situation if he wasn't a kid who they thought would cut it and contribute. Too many whispers of nepotism - so I sure hope there will be no doubt.

of course, I assumed that Cody Hawkins was going to be better because why would anyone do that to their kid if they were borderline?

I've got a lot more confidence in Mac and Embree though. And it's not QB, so the lights aren't as bright. Get a free education at UNC and nobody knows. Come to your Grandpa's program, on scholarship, you better be able to back it up. I'm confident he will. Sort of.
**** you, dip ****.

Sometimes saying what u think doesnt come out real good. Geez give the kid a chance, he has alot of time to prepare and get better. I dont think we are expecting him to come in and be Bruce Smith, need contributers and depth on the dline. Maybe this kid can do that, we shall see.

You need legacies. With CU having to recruit so hard out of state, I'm a firm believer that you need at least a few kids that have grown up bleeding black & gold. Plus, they're playing this exactly right with the greyshirt. Derek can be a contributor for the Buffs, there's more potential here than you seem to think.

As a grey shirt can he work out with the team in the conditioning program to build up some bulk or does he have to stay away completely until he enrolls at CU?

As a grey shirt can he work out with the team in the conditioning program to build up some bulk or does he have to stay away completely until he enrolls at CU?

I'll take that one step further - somewhere he mentioned this would give him a chance to take a couple of classes. Doesn't his clock start as soon as he enrolls and takes any classes?

I'll take that one step further - somewhere he mentioned this would give him a chance to take a couple of classes. Doesn't his clock start as soon as he enrolls and takes any classes?

Nope. You can take a couple courses with being enrolled.

Nik, can he lift and work out with the team even though he's not taking classes?

Nik, can he lift and work out with the team even though he's not taking classes?

He can't practice with the team. I don't know whether S&C is part of the "voluntary" stuff that officially doesn't include coaches. If it's not part of the NCAA calculation for practice hours, I assume he could just like he could study the playbook with other DEs in his spare time.

He can't practice with the team. I don't know whether S&C is part of the "voluntary" stuff that officially doesn't include coaches. If it's not part of the NCAA calculation for practice hours, I assume he could just like he could study the playbook with other DEs in his spare time.

If he cant go to the team facilities, I am sure he could work out at the Rec center, and I am sure a Grad Asst could happen to be there at the same time.

Derek's a great kid. A special player, and and even better person. Have seen him play the past 3 years. Tremendous quickness and athleticism on both sides of the ball. Wreaked havoc on offensese as DE, and is a powerful blocker with great hands catching the ball as TE. Has a big frame and will no doubt put on some good weight during gray shirt season. It will be exciting to see how he is used at CU!

Welcome to AllBuffs and thanx for the info. Welcome rep sent. And now, in the time-honored tradition of AllBuffs ........

Okay noob, get me a burrito and a beer.

Back