What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO DT Tyler Henington (Signed to Colorado)

I dont think walk likes any offers unless it's Alabama, Florida, U$C, Texas, LSU, etc... I could probably throw Nebraska in there for some reason. Mind you, Im pretty frustrated with our recruiting especially lately, but not unrealistic either.

It is going to take a season on the field for recruiting to get better....CU is the great unknown right now. I think there is way too much impatience from many on this board. Sit back, enjoy a beer and let things play out. CU is headed in the right direction (away from the Hawkins era).

The Scout article yesterday was a good one for Buffs fans:

Henington maintains loyalty to Buffs

It's no wonder he's becoming a popular recruit. But, while he is not shutting the door on anyone, Henington sounded very happy about his future as a Buffalo. In fact, Henington said he's trying to sway others in his recruiting class to join him in Boulder.

Mullen offensive lineman Arthur Flores has received several offers, including one from Colorado. Henington said he's doing his best to get Flores to take CU's offer.

Mustangs quarterback Cyler Miles also has an offer from CU, but has committed toWashington. Until Miles signs a letter of intent, however, he can easily change his mind.

"I'm trying to get that guy," Henington said of Miles.

As for other top in-state recruits who have made out-of-state commitments, Henington said, "I think it's a huge mistake."

Henington goes on to specifically talk about Callahan, who he has known since Little League.

I dont think walk likes any offers unless it's Alabama, Florida, U$C, Texas, LSU, etc... I could probably throw Nebraska in there for some reason. Mind you, Im pretty frustrated with our recruiting especially lately, but not unrealistic either.

Actually, I think the UCLA offer to a DT in Colorado is very impressive. More than ratings or what someone here thinks about highlight video, the UCLA offers tells me that Hennington is the real deal and I'm glad to have him.

It's no wonder he's becoming a popular recruit. But, while he is not shutting the door on anyone, Henington sounded very happy about his future as a Buffalo. In fact, Henington said he's trying to sway others in his recruiting class to join him in Boulder.

Mullen offensive lineman Arthur Flores has received several offers, including one from Colorado. Henington said he's doing his best to get Flores to take CU's offer.

Mustangs quarterback Cyler Miles also has an offer from CU, but has committed toWashington. Until Miles signs a letter of intent, however, he can easily change his mind.

As for other top in-state recruits who have made out-of-state commitments, Henington said, "I think it's a huge mistake."

Henington goes on to specifically talk about Callahan, who he has known since Little League.
I like this guy already.

Actually, walk accomplished his only goal, which is to get all of you to talk about him. All he does is spout obvious platitudes which are completely meaningless. Nothing worthy of a reply and frankly, I'm now ashamed of myself.

I hope he can get in Callahan's ear. I'm really concerned about our OL recruiting - as I'm sure you all know.

I hope he can get in Callahan's ear. I'm really concerned about our OL recruiting - as I'm sure you all know.

I think we all share your concern, Sacky, it's just the severity at this point in time that's in question, and whether the expectation might be a bit high taking the state of the program into account.

I can't decide if Henington is da man or da bomb.

Who does Mullen play this year outside of Colorado? They usually play a strong program from somewhere. Thats what I wanna see what can he do versus comp better than state wise and I like what I see so far.

Who does Mullen play this year outside of Colorado? They usually play a strong program from somewhere. Thats what I wanna see what can he do versus comp better than state wise and I like what I see so far.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/reW6JVydY0K3cTFZxet5ww/mullen-mustangs/football/schedule.htm

Looks like a big pile of nobody.

Hopefully Henington is above this, but I think that's a big reason why a lot of Mullen players don't really amount to much in college. They look amazing in high school because the competition just can't compete with them. When half of your defense are decent D1 prospects, it's pretty easy to impress.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/reW6JVydY0K3cTFZxet5ww/mullen-mustangs/football/schedule.htm

Hopefully Henington is above this, but I think that's a big reason why a lot of Mullen players don't really amount to much in college. They look amazing in high school because the competition just can't compete with them. When half of your defense are decent D1 prospects, it's pretty easy to impress.
Yep I dont know why they dont schedule harder teams. They should play Artesia NM every so often, they arent great but pretty damn good. Theyd get killed in the Metroplex but a game with Euless Trinity should test them. Play a bigtime So Cal team, im sure Mullen could do it yes? I know a few here went there so im asking.

Yep I dont know why they dont schedule harder teams. They should play Artesia NM every so often, they arent great but pretty damn good. Theyd get killed in the Metroplex but a game with Euless Trinity should test them. Play a bigtime So Cal team, im sure Mullen could do it yes? I know a few here went there so im asking.

I've always thought that a matchup with Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas would make a lot of sense.

I'd think it would make sense for them to schedule Gormon, AZ teams, maybe some SoCal teams. I think they played Rockhurst from Missouri awhile back? It'd be interesting to see them play some top teams from Cali or Texas just to see how well they match up. I'd venture a guess that they could compete with good, not great, Cali teams. I think the good Texas teams would scrape them, though.

Wow 9 games, thats it? Is that with district included?

If they are the best in CO, go play someone and I agree with both u guys, Gorman would kick their ass tho. As far as Texas, Cali, or Florida, good luck but they should test themselves.

The big problem for Colorado teams is that even if they accumulate a lot of talent theydon't have enough tough competition to really stretch them and make them get better. In places like a lot of Texas, parts of California, Florida, even Ohio and Michigan the bottom teams in the leagues are solid, talented teams. Playing people who could beat you every week makes you get better. It also means that individual kids have multiple matchups each season against other quality kids. How many potential D1 O-linemen will Henington line up against this season?

Even if Mullen is more talented than some of the out of state teams they have played in the past they are not used to having to play a solid game to win.

The big problem for Colorado teams is that even if they accumulate a lot of talent theydon't have enough tough competition to really stretch them and make them get better. In places like a lot of Texas, parts of California, Florida, even Ohio and Michigan the bottom teams in the leagues are solid, talented teams. Playing people who could beat you every week makes you get better. It also means that individual kids have multiple matchups each season against other quality kids. How many potential D1 O-linemen will Henington line up against this season?

Even if Mullen is more talented than some of the out of state teams they have played in the past they are not used to having to play a solid game to win.
Ive seen more talented teams in my district than Mullen. As it is, they are the bigdog play a team that can test you. The whole goal is state yes? They can do that no matter who they play otherwise, correct?

Far as Henington, with his motor and measurables, he will be fine. Just wanna see him against a big program. Midland Lee or Permian would be a good game and yes Im a west Texan.

I've always thought that a matchup with Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas would make a lot of sense.

That would be fun to watch. I'd also like to see them schedule a game with Tulsa Union or Jenks. The travel is reasonable and it would be interesting to see how the teams stack up.

Guys, guys, guys... I've worked enough Mullen games to know that they are loaded - always. Their O-Line is monsterous. All of them are 6'4" and 280 lbs or bigger. The whole team is filled with D-1 talent, sometimes two-deep. I'm not a huge fan of Logan's coaching, so they might not beat some teams that are both talented and well coached, but they wouldn't get scraped off the field, either. Mullen is legit.

Henington is playing live on ESPNU. First two plays I watched in the 3rd quarter he got a TFL and a nice pursuit tackle. He is getting some props from the commentators

He definitely looks pretty good. He has been making plays the entire game from his NT position. If he can add 20 pounds without losing his quickness, we could have a beast.

Yeah......that game was a slaughter. Watched it and the other team was so much smaller than Tyler's team. I was pretty shocked that the running back was hanging in there as long as he was.

Back