What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO FB Clay Norgard (Signed to Colorado)

"All those guys share the same kind of love for football that my dad does. My dad played with [new CU head] coach Jon Embree at CU and they both helped set the stage for the national championship team. I would run through a brick wall for those guys."
Gonna be a leader of this team when he's an upper classmen.

Welcome Clay!

offmound7.jpg

Great to have some solid momentum starting already for next year.

The only problem with this is because he won't be listed as a prospect for the high revenue site teams like SC, ND, kNU, etc. he will have a hard time getting a decent star rating. Not that I care because I think he will end up being an impact player for the Buffs regardless of his "stars" but a higher star rating may help in getting attention from other kids looking at Colorado.

He is likely to be a 5.6-5.7 3* player and is one of the top players in the state. I would consider that a "decent" star rating. The guys that should be paying the most attention (the other in-staters) notice the news today.

:woot:! Things are definitely 100% different in Boulder....Recruiting in the in-state stud's in the Spring....hmmm, whoda thunk it??

Welcome aboard!

I think his rating won't be so high because he probably won't play DT in college, and that's what he is playing now. they can only rate what kind of potential he may have at the next level from his film, and with no LB or DE or wherever he plays, They will have to go with straight football skills rather then a specific position breakdown.

this is great news.

As for the question about early commits, it didn't stick, but I remember Chris Guarnero (sp?) committing on signing day (or very shortly after)...only to decide to switch to Cal.

Norgard mostly lined up as a DE last season. The other team commonly had both the guard and tight end helping the tackle block him. Very high motor.

Great ****ing call....another sign that we are on the way back. BTW...eat my shorts, Danny.

This is nothing short of awesome! Hope the staff can build on it. Norgard obviously bleeds Black and Gold before stepping on campus...

Adam's got a fantastic new interview with Norgard over on Rivals: http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1190525

All kinds of stuff about his recruiting, our staff, and his upcoming season. But this one stood out a bit to me:

Will you try to convince some other Class of 2012 prospects to follow your lead in picking Colorado?

"Yeah, I definitely will. I am friends with Shane Callahan and some of those other guys. I definitely want to convince some of them to come up with me because I really do love the CU program and I think with the new coaches, we can win a lot of games."

Let's go, Shane! Be a Buff!

:gobuffs:

Got to believe he'll end up on the DL or OL. My money is on center. He's a die hard buff and it's that type of attitude that rubs off on other players from out of state.

Got to believe he'll end up on the DL or OL. My money is on center. He's a die hard buff and it's that type of attitude that rubs off on other players from out of state.

I would be very surprised if Norgard ends up on the OL and even more surprised if he ends up at center.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1190525

Will you most likely start out at linebacker? What specifically have the Buffaloes' coaches said as far as how they see you fitting into the program?

"We haven't talked specifically about that yet but all I have heard from them is that I am a well-rounded player and that I could be playing linebacker or H-back or on the defensive line."

adam posted a Q&A that should answer this question for now :smile2:

edit: And his mother chimed in with some scoop: :lol:

http://colorado.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=422&tid=155327482&mid=155327482&sid=894&style=2

I am his mother and I can tell you that at his last sports physical in July 2010 he was exactly 6 foot 1.5 inches tall. As his mother, I will also say he can play at any height, but of course I'm biased. During his playing days, his father carried 305 lbs gracefully at his full height of slightly over 6 feet, and would still say he could play at any heigh

Last edited:
Could Cabral turn him into another Greg Beikert/Ted Johnson.

Killer MLB that makes offensive players wish that the play was designed to go outside.

He has the intensity, great instincts, quickness, this could be fun to watch.

Actually, back in the mid-90's, Eric was considered one of the strongest guys in the NFL. Clay actually looks a lot like him body-wise. It would not surprise me to see this kid up to 280 and moving like a cat at center. Would love to see a legacy on the Buff O-Line. Go NorgeII. I would bet that he ends up playing a LOT of football for the Buffs.

Actually, back in the mid-90's, Eric was considered one of the strongest guys in the NFL. Clay actually looks a lot like him body-wise. It would not surprise me to see this kid up to 280 and moving like a cat at center. Would love to see a legacy on the Buff O-Line. Go NorgeII. I would bet that he ends up playing a LOT of football for the Buffs.

NorgieSr held most of the football strength records at CU for years, too (maybe still). Those were probably done away with by the most recent previous coaching staff, though. No reason to keep track of past successes...

On the vids, he shows great body control and trunk strength. Looks like he is or could have been a stud wrestler in addition to playing football. Should be a force in the middle of the field.

Welcome to the fold, Clay!

Back