What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO FB Clay Norgard (Signed to Colorado)

I hope Adam doesn't mind, but I'm going to repeat some great insight he posted today regarding Clay Norgard.

The Buff commit ran a blazing 4.54 second 40 at his school timing day. That's down from 4.8 and with a weight increase from 225 to 240 lbs.

I have gone ahead and changed his designation from DE to ILB. He's going play that position this high school season and will be coming in to play the middle alongside Brady Daigh (with plans for Clay to get some reps at FB).

:thumbsup:

:gobuffs:

Normally if you gain weight in a short period of time, you don't gain speed at the same time. Can't wait to check him out this fall HS football.

Glad he is a solid Buff. Could turn out to be one of the best players in the western US. Lots of schools going to be wishing he would look their way.

Normally if you gain weight in a short period of time, you don't gain speed at the same time. Can't wait to check him out this fall HS football.

If you do plyometrics and the correct workout you can easily gain both.

Where can i find the article about Doug Rippy intentionally losing weight inorder to gain more speed. Maybe Norgard can share the trade secret with Rippy.

So many more resources to use now than even 10 or 15 years ago. Football is not just a fall sport anymore. Kids are getting more coaching, weight training, flexibility stuff, eating right, etc. every year. You name it, they are pretty much doing it these days.

Nominated for the AA game, doesn't mean he's in it but still a high praise along with Thurston, Miles, Callahan and Baylis from Colorado.
"The U.S. Army All-American Bowl Selection Committee comprises three independent scouting entities: Rivals.com, Tom Lemming, and All American Games. Every high school football senior is eligible for selection. The selection process kicks off at the U.S. Army National Combine and proceeds across the country during various combines, camps, and clinics. From millions of high school football players, the selection committee evaluates thousands of the Nation's top prospects on an annual basis. Following the evaluation period, the selection committee officially nominates the Nation's top 400 seniors to be considered for selection to the U.S. Army All-American Bowl. From the nominees, players are selected and invited to play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl throughout the spring and summer. The selection committee reserves the right to select players who were not nominated in the spring, if they are having an outstanding senior season. U.S. Army All-Americans must be in good standing with their schools and communities in order to be considered for selection."

was at buffalo wild wings at park meadows tonight and he came in with his parents in a cu baseball hat and winter coat with a mountain vista shirt on... dude is built

Sorry, not Clay! Attended a grad party last night, so no Buffalo Wild Wings for us...

:) Clay's Mom

:rofl::rofl::rofl:It's okay, BCS makes stuff up sometimes. I know we're all looking forward to rooting for your son. GO BUFFS!

Sorry, not Clay! Attended a grad party last night, so no Buffalo Wild Wings for us...

:) Clay's Mom

Welcome to the site!

I just wanted to say that I've been very impressed with your son. The football stuff, sure, but I'm talking about how he has handled himself with all these interviews being thrown at him. He has consistently come across very well. Nice work.

Hopefully my son rebels against my influence and turns out alright (pretty much his only shot). :lol:

By the way - perfect entrance. Kept BCS's unbroken streak of bad info alive. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the site!

I just wanted to say that I've been very impressed with your son. The football stuff, sure, but I'm talking about how he has handled himself with all these interviews being thrown at him. He has consistently come across very well. Nice work.

Hopefully my son rebels against my influence and turns out alright (pretty much his only shot). :lol:

By the way - perfect entrance. Kept BCS's unbroken streak of bad info alive. :thumbsup:

:finger:

LOL and thanks for the kind words. We're blessed--he's a keeper!

In BCS's defense, that would normally be a spot-on description of him (Vista shirt + CU hat + BW2), a good guess!!

Can't wait to see Clay in BnG in 2012! Must be a great feeling having a kid play college ball!

Can't wait to see Clay in BnG in 2012! Must be a great feeling having his college fund available for something else!

fify

Clay seems like one of those kids who really has it all together for his age. Not only a good football player but more importantly a respected citizen and someone who will take advantage of the opportunity to get an education and build on it.

Glad to have his as part of the program.

LOL and thanks for the kind words. We're blessed--he's a keeper!

In BCS's defense, that would normally be a spot-on description of him (Vista shirt + CU hat + BW2), a good guess!!

Don't cozy up to BCS. That is a really bad idea. And get an omlette pan. Keep it hot. It is the only way to keep BCS at a distance. To BCS it is like having holy water, a sivler bullet, and a wreath of garlic all wrapped up in one. With a side of stake and hammer.

Norgard placed 9th and made the podium in the shot put at the Colorado State Track & Field Championships yesterday.

If I were BCS, I might start questioning the sources of all this information he keeps getting. He seems to get a lot of bad info. Which, of course, he always passes on to us.

Les Miles called, BCS, he's still not coaching here.

Back