What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO FB Clay Norgard (Signed to Colorado)

If I were BCS, I might start questioning the sources of all this information he keeps getting. He seems to get a lot of bad info. Which, of course, he always passes on to us.

Les Miles called, BCS, he's still not coaching here.
are you sure? :rolling_eyes:

giant-jenga.jpg

Signed, D3H

p.s. That kid appears to be at least six foot.

Supposedly has picked up additional offers but out of respect for the coaches he won't list them and is firm on the Buffs and will be an early enroller.

Supposedly has picked up additional offers but out of respect for the coaches he won't list them and is firm on the Buffs and will be an early enroller.

Unpossible. Offer lists are everything. He can't be a good player if he doesn't have a few reported offers from other BCS or top non-BCS programs.

/sarcasm

Thanks for the update, tini.

The info is from Adam over at Rivals.

What's funny is it might make a favorable impression on other recruits if they knew who had offered him. Either way, he is a big part of this class and is currently underrated.

What's TRUE is it WOULD make a favorable impression on other recruits if they knew who had offered him. Either way, he is a big part of this class and is currently underrated.

FIFY.

He could do his coaches a favor at this point by showing publicly that CU isn't the only school who wants him.

Regardless of current rating or reported offers, he's already got the size to play linebacker at this level and wants to be a Buff. Let's let his determination and Brian Cabral take over from here. Thrilled to have more local guys with existing ties to the program who want to stay close to home and be legacies. Hope it all works out come February, Clay. That kind of backstory plus effort in the weight room and on the field makes for fan favorite material.

What's funny is it might make a favorable impression on other recruits if they knew who had offered him. Either way, he is a big part of this class and is currently underrated.
I agree. Put out where he has offers from so that they raise his star ranking, and gives him more pull when talking to other potential Buffs.

Maybe is offers are to Adams State and Northern Colorado. Maybe (out of respect to the coaches) he's doing the right thing. Not all 17-18 year old kids are morons. :lol:

Maybe is offers are to Adams State and Northern Colorado. Maybe (out of respect to the coaches) he's doing the right thing. Not all 17-18 year old kids are morons. :lol:

Yeah. If that was the case I'd be really glad he's not making a big deal out of it. What I've been hearing, though, is that they're major offers. I guess as long as guys like Callahan, Thurston and Baylis know the score as Clay is working them, it doesn't really matter whether we get to gush over those offers. :smile:

Mountain Vista opened with a 50-7 win over Smoky Hill. Box Score in the Denver Post didn't show stats, so I'm not sure what Clay did in the game. They're at Pomona next week in case anyone here can get to that game for us next Friday. If someone goes, check out MV's Christian Thomas too. He could be a guy we look at to play fullback.

Mountain Vista opened with a 50-7 win over Smoky Hill. Box Score in the Denver Post didn't show stats, so I'm not sure what Clay did in the game. They're at Pomona next week in case anyone here can get to that game for us next Friday. If someone goes, check out MV's Christian Thomas too. He could be a guy we look at to play fullback.

Buffscoop reported clay had like 10 tackles, 2 for loss, and the game was stopped due to the mercy rule

Anyone know if Clay has played any at FB this year? As it stands, we may need to start him there next year. I'm wondering if he could be like Marecic was for Stanford last year.

No FB for him this year, Vista doesn't really go that route in their offense. Due to some injuries on the DL and a change in defensive scheme for some of the games (using a 4-3 instead of 3-4) Clay's playing some DE again this season. They've moved him around a lot, it seems to change from week to week...

No FB for him this year, Vista doesn't really go that route in their offense. Due to some injuries on the DL and a change in defensive scheme for some of the games (using a 4-3 instead of 3-4) Clay's playing some DE again this season. They've moved him around a lot, it seems to change from week to week...

I was looking at the ThunderRidge game stats. Sounded like a tough night. From the box score, it looked like you got down early and then couldn't protect the QB. Did Vista lose some OL/DL?

I was looking at the ThunderRidge game stats. Sounded like a tough night. From the box score, it looked like you got down early and then couldn't protect the QB. Did Vista lose some OL/DL?

Unfortunately we've lost players at almost every key position this season, so healthy players are being asked to step into lots of different roles. TRidge/Vista is always an emotional game for both sides, both sides are usually pretty equal in talent, have all played against each other since they were in youth football. Most often comes down to freak plays, turnovers and which coach can capitalize on those, but historically has always gone in TRidge favor (Vista has never beaten them in the brief history of both schools). We had 2 defensive touchdowns in the 4th Q and the only offensive touchdown was after an interception and had Clay and Danny Otsuki in at OL to punch it in...we burned 2 timeouts trying to figure out an extra point...can't say much more, just SMH. Very unfortunate and disappointing, but that's life sometimes.

Not sure if this link will work, but this was a bit of a bright spot from that night for me, at least:

http://www.maxpreps.com/photo/galle...#photoid=0c87d061-b1bf-4943-bd08-603a56a642e9

Unfortunately we've lost players at almost every key position this season, so healthy players are being asked to step into lots of different roles. TRidge/Vista is always an emotional game for both sides, both sides are usually pretty equal in talent, have all played against each other since they were in youth football. Most often comes down to freak plays, turnovers and which coach can capitalize on those, but historically has always gone in TRidge favor (Vista has never beaten them in the brief history of both schools). We had 2 defensive touchdowns in the 4th Q and the only offensive touchdown was after an interception and had Clay and Danny Otsuki in at OL to punch it in...we burned 2 timeouts trying to figure out an extra point...can't say much more, just SMH. Very unfortunate and disappointing, but that's life sometimes.

Not sure if this link will work, but this was a bit of a bright spot from that night for me, at least:

http://www.maxpreps.com/photo/galle...#photoid=0c87d061-b1bf-4943-bd08-603a56a642e9

:lol: Great photo! can you reset that play? where's the ball? result of play? just curious, thanks.

:lol: Great photo! can you reset that play? where's the ball? result of play? just curious, thanks.

Not sure which play it was, he was in the QB's face a lot that night. Could probably figure it out after watching the film, but the SIXTH loss to TRidge still stings a bit too much right now so I haven't really revisited that yet :) Maybe I'll be able to watch it after the season when we put together some highlights for him from the year!

Obviously I'm still recovering from the previous regime because this statement scared me.

this statement still scares me a bit. I hope he is okay with switching to offense. Could it be a similar Mericic type situation at Stanford where he plays both ways? That would be fit nicely..

Back