What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO OT Ed Caldwell (PWO - Verbal to Colorado)

Maximus on the Rivals board knows him, I think, and is reporting that Caldwell is developing as a player and moving up the depth chart. Knee injury he came in with sounds like it's behind him.

What I hear is that he's not cut out for LT (unfortunately, given the situation), but it sounds like he might be doing enough to add quality depth and maybe earn a scholarship at RT. I liked what I saw of him in the spring game. Up to 300 lbs based on current cubuffs.com roster.

yeah I went to high school with him. He was one the freshman team when I was a senior but I kept up with the team over the years. To sum it up he just lacks explosion. Probably not a good thing he is sniffing the top if the depth chart if you ask me but things probably changed a lot.

Maximus is a positive guy and I enjoy reading his perspective. However, I think you should take his comments regarding Caldwell with a grain of salt.

Maximus is a positive guy and I enjoy reading his perspective. However, I think you should take his comments regarding Caldwell with a grain of salt.

Trust me. I do.

But I liked what I saw in the spring, too. I'm not just parroting Max here. He and I argue quite a bit. But on Caldwell, I believe we have a guy who has the size you look for and the brains to make up for some of the agility limitations. That can make him a valuable player at RT who can give you serviceable snaps, which may put him in line for a scholarship down the road.

Hopefully Caldwell put some meat on his legs, he had some chicken skinny legs in the Fall and Spring

I was excited when he enrolled at CU and decided to keep playing football that a local kid was going to stick with the Buffs rather than try a smaller school to keep his playing hopes alive. Especially since he had size coming out of high school to compete on the line. At some point last year I didn't see his name on the roster anymore and wondered if he had left the program but I'm happy to hear he's still there fighting for reps. We need upperclassmen on the team who are Colorado proud.

Back