What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO OT Joey O'Connor (Signed to Ohio State)

Being a high school senior myself, I understand what O'connor is going through. Almost all of my friends want to go out of state. They just want a change in their life and it really has nothing to do that CU is not doing its best to keep kids in state. I am going to CU cause I was raised a buff, but for other kids out of state is their first option.

What part of THIS IS A RECRUIT THREAD is too complicated for you morons to understand?

Guys we've done a lot of hygiene in this thread, keep it up ad we'll have to lock it until you calm down.

I do not think anyone will disagree with you general statement. O'Connor's recruitment is not really a good barometer of success though.

True, but if we can successfully recruit O'Connor, it would go a long way towards making up for the loss of Thurston and Callahan.

We all know that O'Connor had his heart set on Penn State, it was pretty much a closed book before it ever got started.

Let's hope that now that he has had to re-evaluate that situation he will give the advantages of staying in state a fair look. By going to CU he would be able to have his parents see him play live, he would be far enough away from home to be independant but close enough to visit when he wants to.

I'm hoping that his desire to go out of state was based on wanting to go to Penn State, not just a general desire to go someplace else. Over the years a lot of Colorado kids have gone out of state and discovered that it wasn't all it was cracked up to be, at the same time a lot of the kids who have stayed home have had a great experience, gotten a quality education, and developed contacts that have helped them in their post-college life in Colorado and elsewhere since CU has such a diverse representation of out of state students.

I ain't giving up on the kid. Kasa seemed pretty hopeless for awhile also

Take this with a grain of salt, as it's all second-hand information, but apparently CU has a legit shot here. Michigan, ND, and Arizona schools are also in the mix, and he's still leaning toward going out of state, but likes CU. In fact, the person I talked to got the impression CU and Michigan may be the leaders. Again, this is all second-hand (relayed to me by a friend of the family), so there's probably not a lot to it, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Take this with a grain of salt, as it's all second-hand information, but apparently CU has a legit shot here. Michigan, ND, and Arizona schools are also in the mix, and he's still leaning toward going out of state, but likes CU. In fact, the person I talked to got the impression CU and Michigan may be the leaders. Again, this is all second-hand (relayed to me by a friend of the family), so there's probably not a lot to it, but it's interesting nonetheless.

mattrob, I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up. Especially after being so certain that this wasn't happening. But I did hear that we're recruiting the hardest and he's listening.

mattrob, I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up. Especially after being so certain that this wasn't happening. But I did hear that we're recruiting the hardest and he's listening.

Yes. Pretty much what I've heard. I really think he was 100% set on going out of state this summer, but is more open to the idea of staying close to home now. If ND or Michigan makes a big push, I think it'll be hard to overcome, but at least the door's cracked now.

This just in, instate linemen are too cool for instate schools. They just don't measure up according to Kozan, Connor, etc.

Can't wait to get those inferior Texas/Cali kids whom have more Colorado pride in on the OL! :)

I think CU has a legit shot here along with a couple of other schools. I think he has a visit to Ohio State and Boise State in January and Cal is still recruiting him to the best of my knowledge.
CU wasn't even mentioned in his last update and that was 5 days ago.

Back