What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO QB Cyler Miles (Signed to Washington)

:yeahthat:
I'm curious to see if his dual-threat ability will affect his choice to run our pro-style. It happened with Brock.
Mullen tends to run a pro-style, right? Brock went with more of a spread at KU, which seems more similar to what he had at Valor.

Mullen tends to run a pro-style, right? Brock went with more of a spread at KU, which seems more similar to what he had at Valor.

Definitely a pro-style offense...Cyler can scramble as he is quite athletic, but rarely were plays designed for him to run...when they would run it involved handing the ball to AAM or another RB

Obviously, Miles will be a top target of the new staff. Biggest competition may end up being Notre Dame.

Over/Under on the number of pages in this thread, on signing day 2012, has been set by Vegas at 25 1/2.

This thread will go over 50 pages. FACT!

689661547_gKzoN-M-2.jpg

I'm gonna call it right now. Cyler Miles is not coming to CU. And that will be ok.

I'm gonna call it right now. Cyler Miles is not coming to CU. And that will be ok.

It will only be okay if we have someone of comparable quality to take his place in the class. You never know, we may take two QBs again. The only other school that has offered him to date (Cal) offered him as an athlete and one school that will be in the thick of it, Notre Dame, is not likely to take him as the only QB in their class.

If he wants to play QB (and I think he does), it would be very hard for him to wait longer than that.

Well, he is maintaining that he wants to wait until after his senior season to commit. My guess is Coach Logan will be in his ear telling him that is not the best way to go about things.

If he really is intent on waiting, we are going to move on to other prospects IMO.

Calling it now, he will be a Buff, fact.

It's a fact that you're calling it now, or a fact that he will be a Buff?

I've got just slightly less faith in your hunches than BCS's and he hasn't been right once. Not once, and I'm not even kidding.

It will only be okay if we have someone of comparable quality to take his place in the class. You never know, we may take two QBs again. The only other school that has offered him to date (Cal) offered him as an athlete and one school that will be in the thick of it, Notre Dame, is not likely to take him as the only QB in their class.

:nod:

I haven't watch alot of him, can he make all the throws. But a prospect that can run 4.47 should be heavily considered.

New article from Scout has me cautiously optimistic about landing Miles. Tons of respect for Embree and he sees himself playing QB in a Pro Style offense (not a spread).

http://colorado.scout.com/2/1048811.html

"I met Embree briefly. He's a great guy. It's a beautiful campus up there. They've got the athletes. I think they really just need to build around Embree and they can get back where they've been in the past years."

Some have Miles pegged as a dual-threat quarterback whose talents might best be utilized in an option or spread offense at the college level. However, he said he believes programs with pro-style offenses will suit him best. That could be another factor working in Colorado's favor, especially considering five of the six offensive coaches, including Embree, have experience in the NFL.

Lots more good stuff in the original article.

A pro style offense with a mobile quarterback is nearly impossible to defend. It's a matter of numbers.

Well I said Sanders Jr. was at the top of my list. Maybe it's 1 and 1a because Miles is a huge recruit for us.

Back