What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO QB Cyler Miles (Signed to Washington)

To early, hopefully he will commit, i will say our chances at this point is 50 percent, but the longer it takes, the more he will lean towards Colorado.

To early, hopefully he will commit, i will say our chances at this point is 50 percent, but the longer it takes, the more he will lean towards Colorado.

Normally I would agree, but I am not so sure in the case of Miles. One of the offers he seems to be waiting on is LSU. I would feel much better if he was ready to end his recruitment earlier rather than later.

We have offered five QBs and it is hard to argue we lead for any of them. We do have Bart Houston coming to visit later this month, so hopefully that goes well.

From the sounds of it... his dad is a little skeptical of the transition. If Miles is gonna make a summer decision, nothing while have helped that skepticism. It looks like our only chance is if he waits out until after the season

Arkansas, Clemson, Washington, Arizona, Illinois and maybe Vanderbilt are his leaders. Really hope he stays out of the Pac 12.

Weird recruitment. I just read over the last 7 pages and we went from being in a pretty good position to the outside looking in. Maybe we cooled on him? We prefer the 3 CA QBs?

All I know is that there is no excuse, we need a blue chip QB this year. Wilson isn't looking too good, and neither is Miles. Coaches need to step it up big time for Houston and Dillon.

Houston should be our top target. Once we start winning, Mullen kids will fall in-line. If we pipeline De La Salle? Well i'm assuming that's probably the best D-IA college producing HS out there today and definitely on the west coast. We need that as bad as anything in-state.

I don't care, if we let the best in-state QB prospect in years (since Ochs?) go elsewhere, especially when we need one badly this cycle, it will be a major recruiting blemish.

Would love to see us land Miles but honestly you can recruit a kid til you blue in the face but you can't force them to go anywhere. If Miles is true to what he says about wanting to be in a pro-style offense than this would be as good of a place as any for him to go especially since he would have an excellent chance of playing early - possibly even as early as next year. Embree and company have been after this guy early and have been recruiting them as hard as any other program as per Miles. If we don't land him, I place no fault in the coaching staff. It will be Miles loss not ours. If he doesn't want to gome then lets get Bart out here.

He's so good, Cal wants him at WR.

Not worried. CU has never been Cyler's deal. That's fine. Good luck to him. We'll move on just like we did with Willingham.

Weird recruitment. Parents are Buffs and are a tight nit family, but yet he wants to go South to a Spread offense? :confused:

Weird recruitment. Parents are Buffs and are a tight nit family, but yet he wants to go South to a Spread offense? :confused:

It is not that weird of a commitment, you just really liked our chances for whatever reason.

It's not weird that he wants to play in a pro style offense but yet all the schools he's listed play in some sort of spread variant? Seems weird to me and the fact that his parents are Buffs makes it weird.

Didn't tutor but Miles was in my moms reading class for a couple years and she would talk to his parents a lot throughout middle and part of high school. Whatever though as long as we get a BC QB this cycle losing Miles won't be a big deal at all.

Houston should be our top target. Once we start winning, Mullen kids will fall in-line. If we pipeline De La Salle? Well i'm assuming that's probably the best D-IA college producing HS out there today and definitely on the west coast. We need that as bad as anything in-state.

Signing the best players regardless of they instate or out of state should be the goal. Houston, Dillon, Gross(sp) are better prospects.

This guys the real deal, so him play and he's got raw talent and can slang the ball, I don't know what our chances are but he's the type of QB that can make plays, athletic plays too.

jenga.jpg

Back