What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO QB Cyler Miles (Signed to Washington)

Do we still have a decent shot here? Sounds like he's all but gone unless Embree and crew pull something incredible off.

We have a shot. It would still surprise me if we landed him, but he spoke highly of Colorado in a recent interview.

My bad, studying for finals :wow:

No worries. Too many members have gotten their panties in a bunch over spelling & grammar. Glass houses and all that. :lol:

Let's keep this thread on track.

Where do you guys rank Miles as a CU prospect?

5 = Must get. Program changer who is clearly the best QB on our recruiting board.
4 = Great get. Top player who is among the best QBs on our board and we would enthusiastically take if he wanted to commit.
3 = Nice get. Good player who has a lot of potential, but probably a "Plan B" QB if we miss out on our top targets.
2 = Reach. Somewhere below a "Plan B" type guy who has some potential but it would be disappointing if this is who CU signed at QB.
1 = Stay away. CU should not consider signing this player and it's a mistake if we do.

(I think he's somewhere between a "4" and a "5".)

5 simply because it creates a pipeline to Mullen and we'd be keeping the instate talent but I don't think we have much of a shot anymore, which is weird.

I put him at a 4. If memory serves, at one point we entertained hopes of getting Kiel out her to Boulder. He is clearly the top guy this year and probably in a class by himself, (maybe with Pike). I think that Miles is in the same class as Dillon, Wilson, and Houston. Definitely a great get, and as Tini mentions above, he would likely help with other in-state guys. With Houston off the board now, I think the staff should throw all they have at him to see if they can make up some ground. If they aren't getting good vibes, then it'll be time to key in on Dillon or Wilson.

4. I'll admit I don't know the entire story, but I want recruits who want to play for CU and are willing to work their tails off to change the program around (Solder, Miller). From what I have seen in this forum he doesn't seem to have that drive.

Yeah. I don't think the Cal thing is an indictment on their review of Miles as a QB prospect so much as an acknowledgment that they've got a lot of depth at the position and would want to get him on the field however they could. FWIW, it sounds like this eliminated Cal from Miles' consideration.

4, at best. I'm not sold there will ever be a "pipeline" to Mullen. We'll get some from there, and we'll miss those with mercenary attitudes. Just the way it is.

Is he a really good qb prospect? Heck yeah. Can't miss prospect? Not sure. Can someone else come in and excel at the qb position in the future offense of JE/EB? Yep.

If we get him, great. If not, someone else will do the job.

5 simply because it creates a pipeline to Mullen and we'd be keeping the instate talent but I don't think we have much of a shot anymore, which is weird.
So Miles would establish a "pipeline" but such was not the case with all the other Mullen grads that played for CU? Let's assume that you are right and that signing Miles would establish this thirty-mile, in-state pipeline that you speak of. How many quality D-1 players has Mullen produced? How many Mullen players have lived up to or surpassed their expectations in college? BTW, I'm not a Mullen hater. I went to school there.

Well Mullen is the top D-1 talent producing school in Colorado year in and year out, although Chaparral is quickly becoming a hog farm though for Colorado (Jack Harris, Brenden Austin, and now Shane Callahan). Last year, Mullen had Leilon Willingham and Brady Daigh sign LOI's to D1 schools and this year Mullen has Cyler Miles, Arthur Flores, and I'm sure a couple more will pop up if they have a big year. I always thought that to establish a pipeline, you need to sign the top players at that school yearly, but maybe I'm wrong. This team needs a QB badly, which is another reason I put him at a 5, and by getting Miles, we could get Flores, or anyone else who is D-1 talent out of Mullen.

Well Mullen is the top D-1 talent producing school in Colorado year in and year out, although Chaparral is quickly becoming a hog farm though for Colorado (Jack Harris, Brenden Austin, and now Shane Callahan). Last year, Mullen had Leilon Willingham and Brady Daigh sign LOI's to D1 schools and this year Mullen has Cyler Miles, Arthur Flores, and I'm sure a couple more will pop up if they have a big year. I always thought that to establish a pipeline, you need to sign the top players at that school yearly, but maybe I'm wrong. This team needs a QB badly, which is another reason I put him at a 5, and by getting Miles, we could get Flores, or anyone else who is D-1 talent out of Mullen.

Let's not forget one of our first commits in Tyler Henington....:thumbsup:

I'd give Miles a 4 along with the other top QBs we are after. I thought it went something like:

1. Houston
2. Dillon
3. Wilson
4. Miles

But none of them being all that much better than the next. I just want one!@!@!@! No more high school stars of 3A football with 2 offers from random school A and random school B. I want to beat out Washington, UCLA, and Utah for a guy.

Cyler will be a Buff. FACT.

This ship has left port.

JENGA!!

20100419-jenga-topple-rage.png

According to a poster on the CO prep rivals board Miles recently received an offer from Florida

Has a top 5 of Illinois, Washington, Tennessee, Colorado, Florida. Would love to get two BC QBs in this cycle.

Has a top 5 of Illinois, Washington, Tennessee, Colorado, Florida. Would love to get two BC QBs in this cycle.

Recent Rivals article.

There's a good discussion on that board. Pretty sure we'd be looking at him as an athlete at this point. We will only be taking 1 player as a QB.

I know he trimmed his list, but it sounds like LSU may have just offered him. Wouldn't necessarily be a bad landing spot for him.

I don't even want anymore. He wants to go somewhere "big time". Good luck to him.

Even if we took a 2nd QB, I'd rather get Rodrigues.

Back