What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO QB Cyler Miles (Signed to Washington)

I don't even want anymore. He wants to go somewhere "big time". Good luck to him.

Even if we took a 2nd QB, I'd rather get Rodrigues.

If he really wants to come to CU I would welcome him but with the understanding that Dillon is the #1 QB recruit. This would mean that unless Cyler steps up and beats him out he is either going to be a career backup or have to move positions to see significant playing time. If he is okay with that situation then welcome to the team.

At the same time there are other players who I am also okay with taking, including Rodrigues. If having a shot at Cyler means holding a spot for him while he looks over all the options and is then likely to bold elsewhere anyways then it's thanks for looking at us and have a good career somewhere else. This means no visits, official or otherwise elsewhere, no games, etc. if he wants to have a spot as a Buff

He had the chance to be the #1 QB recruit for CU since he had an offer not long after Embree was named HC. That situation has passed with Dillon coming on board and now the deal is different.

If he really wants to come to CU I would welcome him but with the understanding that Dillon is the #1 QB recruit. This would mean that unless Cyler steps up and beats him out he is either going to be a career backup or have to move positions to see significant playing time. If he is okay with that situation then welcome to the team.

At the same time there are other players who I am also okay with taking, including rodrigues. If having a shot at Cyler means holding a spot for him while he looks over all the options and is then likely to bold elsewhere anyways then it's thanks for looking at us and have a good career somewhere else. This means no visits, official or otherwise elsewhere, no games, etc.

He had the chance to be the #1 QB recruit for CU since he had an offer not long after Embree was named HC. That situation has passed with Dillon coming on board and now the deal is different.

I don't agree. We told Dillon he was our QB for this cycle. The only way I take Miles as a QB is if he wants to take a greyshirt. If he wants to come as an ATH, fine, but he's going to play WR/S in that scenario. There's no way I'm risking pissing off the first blue chip QB we have had commit to us in forever just because we love QB depth. Dillon is our guy, we committed to him the same way he committed to us.

I don't agree. We told Dillon he was our QB for this cycle. The only way I take Miles as a QB is if he wants to take a greyshirt. If he wants to come as an ATH, fine, but he's going to play WR/S in that scenario. There's no way I'm risking pissing off the first blue chip QB we have had commit to us in forever just because we love QB depth. Dillon is our guy, we committed to him the same way he committed to us.

I think we are pretty close in what we are saying. I don't have a problem with Cyler coming in as a QB but understanding that Dillon is the guy unless he screws up or Cyler shows way above what he has so far. I don't think Dillon would have a problem with that either. Under this situation Cyler would likely be moving to another position if he want to play significant time.

Cyler is not coming to CU as a QB.
Cyler is rated as a top 12 type of QB in the nation, so he is not going anywhere as an ATH, WR, Safety, etc.

He is going to go as a QB to a top 30 type program.

It's not CU. End of Story.

So looking at his top 5 of Illinois, Colorado, Washington, Florida, and Tennessee...

Illinois -
2011 - Scott McDowell 3*, Reilly O'Toole 3*
2012 - N/A

Colorado -
2011 - Stevie Dorman 3* QB
2012 - Shane Dillon 4* QB

Washington -
2011 - Derrick Brown 3* QB, Antavius Sims 3* QB
2012 - Jeff Lindquist 3* QB

Florida -
2011 - Jacoby Brissett 4* QB, Jeff Driskel 4* QB
2012 - N/A

Tennessee -
2011 - Justin Worley 3* QB
2012 - N/A

So I think it'll come down between CU, UF, and UT and I don't think Illinois is really in the running since he said he wants to play in a pro style offense which Illinois doesn't run. UF though got two BC QB's during last years cycle so I don't see him going there as much as I would CU or UT. There's been some mumblings from Flores as well that Miles talks about CU a lot. If he does join CU, having two BC QB's is a good problem to have.

So looking at his top 5 of Illinois, Colorado, Washington, Florida, and Tennessee...

Illinois -
2011 - Scott McDowell 3*, Reilly O'Toole 3*
2012 - N/A

Colorado -
2011 - Stevie Dorman 3* QB
2012 - Shane Dillon 4* QB

Washington -
2011 - Derrick Brown 3* QB, Antavius Sims 3* QB
2012 - Jeff Lindquist 3* QB

Florida -
2011 - Jacoby Brissett 4* QB, Jeff Driskel 4* QB
2012 - N/A

Tennessee -
2011 - Justin Worley 3* QB
2012 - N/A

So I think it'll come down between CU, UF, and UT and I don't think Illinois is really in the running since he said he wants to play in a pro style offense which Illinois doesn't run. UF though got two BC QB's during last years cycle so I don't see him going there as much as I would CU or UT. There's been some mumblings from Flores as well that Miles talks about CU a lot. If he does join CU, having two BC QB's is a good problem to have.

one will leave... this is exactly what happened with jordan wynne and superman... id rather have dillion...

im not writing him on ending here... I'd rather have shane dillion

I just want one BC QB this cycle which we have, but if Cyler ends up committing, I'd be fine with that to. Either or. Whomever signs Cyler will be getting a great kid.

Cyler is rated as a top 12 type of QB in the nation, so he is not going anywhere as an ATH, WR, Safety, etc.

/thread

Strong post.

Question: Had Miles committed to CU, would we have told Dillon to look elsewhere? Is Miles hurting himself by not commiting?

Question: Had Miles committed to CU, would we have told Dillon to look elsewhere? Is Miles hurting himself by not commiting?

We would have told Dillon to look elsewhere most likely.

Miles is not hurting himself by not committing though because he has very little interest in going to CU.

We would have told Dillon to look elsewhere most likely.

Miles is not hurting himself by not committing though because he has very little interest in going to CU.

CU notwithstanding, is he taking a risk that the schools in his top five will all take somebody else ahead of him?

CU notwithstanding, is he taking a risk that the schools in his top five will all take somebody else ahead of him?

Probably not if he going to announce June 3rd. Now if he pushes that date back, it might be an issue. The team absent from his top five that might ultimately land him is LSU.

Yes. But I would have a hard time believing Embree, or any other HC at those schools would not accept a verbal from a player like Miles. Even with a committed QB in their pockets.

for what we apparently want to do, Dillon is the better fit. 2 years down the road we can't be losing top in-state recruits but i'm not going to sweat this one too much if Cyler goes elsewhere.

i'm still angry we lost Spond and M. Jones....but, having seen the Toledo game and the dismality (not a word) of that year....going to an atm team stacked with Cyrus Gray and Christine Michael must have seemed better than losing in some Ohio version of the Stutler Bowl by 3 scores and more in an orgy of gashers whilst listening to REO Speedwagon at practice and coach talking about Van Morrison all the time.

and i like Van, mostly.

for what we apparently want to do, Dillon is the better fit. 2 years down the road we can't be losing top in-state recruits but i'm not going to sweat this one too much if Cyler goes elsewhere.

i'm still angry we lost Spond and M. Jones....but, having seen the Toledo game and the dismality (not a word) of that year....going to an atm team stacked with Cyrus Gray and Christine Michael must have seemed better than losing in some Ohio version of the Stutler Bowl by 3 scores and more in an orgy of gashers whilst listening to REO Speedwagon at practice and coach talking about Van Morrison all the time.

and i like Van, mostly.
:nod: I am really psyched with Dillons verbal.

Time to give this one up, folks.

Not gonna happen... and it shouldn't happen now that Dillon is on board with the promise of being the only QB this cycle.

Be happy with what you've got. We landed a flippin' 4* QB and some of you seem to be pining for a kid who was never going to sign with CU. It's a huge testament to Embree that Miles is mentioning CU in interviews and saying very nice things. But that's as far as it goes. I let this go for a while because it's a topic people are interested in, but we're close to crossing the line of the Miles talk being offensive to Dillon.

I repeat, we got a 4* quarterback. Further, he's working hard on the other San Diego prospects we've offered, such as McNamara. Might not be the worst thing to post something in his profile thread to show him the love if you haven't yet.

/rant

Not gonna happen... and it shouldn't happen now that Dillon is on board with the promise of being the only QB this cycle.

Be happy with what you've got. We landed a flippin' 4* QB and some of you seem to be pining for a kid who was never going to sign with CU. It's a huge testament to Embree that Miles is mentioning CU in interviews and saying very nice things. But that's as far as it goes. I let this go for a while because it's a topic people are interested in, but we're close to crossing the line of the Miles talk being offensive to Dillon.

I repeat, we got a 4* quarterback. Further, he's working hard on the other San Diego prospects we've offered, such as McNamara. Might not be the worst thing to post something in his profile thread to show him the love if you haven't yet.

/rant
I wasn't complaining one bit, I love the fact that this staff already landed a BC QB, but it would be nice to have two BC QBs commit but since you wrote it off....good luck to ya Cyler, just stay out of the Pac 12.

I wasn't complaining one bit, I love the fact that this staff already landed a BC QB, but it would be nice to have two BC QBs commit but since you wrote it off....good luck to ya Cyler, just stay out of the Pac 12.

You want 2 qb commits, embree wants 1. You lose.

Actually, given scholarship limits and such, I think one blue chip QB per year is adequate.

/rant

:bowdown:

So we can't comment on Miles anymore? :smile2:

:lol:

Of course we can. I'm hoping that the local kid does well at a school outside the Pac-12. I'm very interested in who he commits to on June 3rd.

No inside info, but I'm guessing Illinios. He just seems like a Zook quarterback to me and that dude is to recruiting what Billy Joel is to marrying up.

:lol:

Of course we can. I'm hoping that the local kid does well at a school outside the Pac-12. I'm very interested in who he commits to on June 3rd.

No inside info, but I'm guessing Illinios. He just seems like a Zook quarterback to me and that dude is to recruiting what Billy Joel is to marrying up.
I think he'd be a great fit with the Fighting Illini.

Back