What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO RB Christian Thomas

cubuff2014

Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

ChristianThomas.jpg
Mountain Vista H.S. (Highlands Ranch, CO)

Ht: 6-foot-0
Wt: 200 lbs
40: 4.59 secs

Rivals rating:
Scout rating:
ESPN rating: unranked RB
247s rating:

Reported Offers:

We need to get Christian Thomas out of Mountain Vista High School, in my mind he is the best player in the state.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/191886/christian-thomas

umm. Thanks for joining, but how in the world does this belong here [Cyler Miles profile thread]?

I split this out to a new thread. I'll turn the original post into a profile.

Hasn't been a lot of talk about Thomas, but when Scout did an "Early Look Out West" piece in early February they listed Thomas among its top 15 RBs for the region. http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1046801.html

Definitely a player to keep an eye on.

Prior to his junior year in 2010, Thomas hit a couple camps and performed very well.

At the Nike Combine in Spanish Fork, Utah (the "Utah Launching Pad"), Thomas performed well enough to be among "seven players who have future star written all over them" in an ESPN Rise article:

Christian Thomas -- 5-11.5, 188, Mountain Vista (Highlands Ranch, Colo.) (2012) RB
Results: 4.63 40, 4.25 shuttle, 35-0 PB, 34.2 VJ, 97.80 SPARQ
Breakdown: Thomas possesses good size and has excellent linear and lateral speed. Last year he ran for 408 yards and 5 TDs while averaging 4.8 yards per carry. He will be sharing the load again this fall, but should be the featured back as a senior.

At the NUC camp in Denver, Thomas was among the "Outstanding Performers":

Thomas was crowned Combine King and also earned the RB MVP. An exceptional player at 5'11.5 183, Thomas had a 30.5 inch vertical, 9'2 broad jump, ran a 4.39 shuttle, bench pressed 155 lbs 26 times, was coachable, displayed tremendous hands and solid body control.

He follow up his camp performances with a very impressive junior season:

Rushing: 86 carries for 591 yards (6.9 avg) with a long of 59 yards and 7 touchdowns
Receiving: 32 receptions for 392 yards (12.3 avg) with a long of 25 yards and 4 touchdowns

Look for him to have a big senior year in 2011. Definitely worth it for CU fans to check out a game or two, with future Buff Clay Norgard anchoring the defense along with Thomas (who is one of the biggest in-state sleepers for 2012).

thanks

Sorry for posting that in the CJ Miles one, i just saw a post about him in there and thought i'd follow up, but thanks for moving this into a new thread. Personally I did go to high school with Christian I graduated last year from mountain vista but the kid is a freak, but i may be a bit bias. Freshmen year he led the freshmen team to an undefeated record which outscored their foes around 500 or so to about 200 throughout on the season in around 8-10 games. With speedy graduating this year someday this kid could possibly take over for him.

Doesn't really matter who it's directed at, but anyway, I'm just pulling your chain, just like you were his.

Can vouch for Christian Thomas as being one of the top talents from CO 2012 class. He and Gavin McHenry were starting wing backs on the youth team that won several superbowls - same team Clay Norgard was on.

Gavin had a bit more explosive acceleration and top end speed. Christian had excellent speed and elusiveness plus the size of a high schooler back then. It was a great thunder and lightning combination with excellent blocking up front and that team ran the tables.

Christian needs to show up at camp and show it. He is an impressive athlete by any measure, but he is also a Lacrosse player and there is a chance that has become his preferred sport but not sure.

With that kind of size, he might make an ideal fullback at the next level. Put another 30 lbs on him and let him blow people up.

With that kind of size, he might make an ideal fullback at the next level. Put another 30 lbs on him and let him blow people up.

Perhaps, but if he maintains the elusiveness and hands, he will be much more versatile than just a battering ram.

I was at the game and he got hurt in the last 3 min of the game. The way he got hit high and low it looked like it could have been much worse than a high ankle sprain. Here is to a speedy recovery because he is a baller. Vista will also struggle without him

It was worse. Broken ankle and out for the season likely. He was on his way to a great season and getting his deserved attention from D1 schools too.

It was worse. Broken ankle and out for the season likely. He was on his way to a great season and getting his deserved attention from D1 schools too.

Karma to Christian.

Would love to see him walk on at CU next year. Bulk up for a year and he would have a chance at earning a scholarship at Fullback.

Has enough size and speed that he might find a niche as a solid back-up in the offensive backfield and contribute solidly on special teams. It would be nice to have enough depth of quality athletes that we aren't forced to use a bunch of starters on coverage teams to stop anybody.

Back