What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 IL OG Dan Voltz (Signed to Wisconsin)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

i

Barrington H.S. (Hoffman Estates, IL)

Ht: 6-foot-5
Wt: 289 lbs
40: 5.37 secs

Rivals rating: 4*-5.8rr; #8 OG (#153 overall)
Scout rating: 4*; #7 OG
ESPN rating: 4*-80 grade; #19 OT
247s rating: 4*-97 grade; #2 OG (#54 overall)

Reported Offers: Alabama, Arizona, Auburn, Boston College, Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Purdue, Stanford, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin

This guy's gonna be huge. He's already benching 330 lbs prior to his junior year in high school. Hopefully we can pull him out of Big 10 country.

This guy is definitely legit. He's got some of the strong hands i've seen from any of the kids coming out this year, only he graduates NEXT year. Great base, able to block effectively when rushing or passing the ball, and he's a closer. He will leave kids on the ground. I don't think he's an ELITE LT although he could probably play it because his fundamentals are great. This guy looks like another Chris Naeole to me. He's a beast.

He's up in Illinois which is a OL pipeline i'd like to see us start pulling from, understanding it falls after CA/TX on our wishlist. Still, I'd assign one of our best recruiters to this guy and try to get him into Boulder. Eric Bieniemy with his upper midwest ties to the Vikings would be my choice.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how to embed this but here's his Junior year highlights. He's exactly the type of guy we need, ie PHYSICAL.

[video=youtube;AHxud3LQp2A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHxud3LQp2A[/video]

Competition is going to be rough for this guy. Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Tennessee and Illinois are all favorites as of right now.

Last edited:
Another thing that could go in CU's favor... Barrington HS is where we picked up Freshman Gus Handler from. Not saying that sways his vote, but it's always nice to have some things going into your favor. Who knows if Gus is a player but that's a typical Hawkins move. Cluster recruiting..... pull one under the radar guy from the school and hope his much higher regarded classmate makes the jump with him.

This kid is a stud. He'll be a name to remember for sure. He'll fit in well for the Badgers. Hopefully when Embree has been here for three or four years, our smashing OL will be thought of like Wisconsin.

Back