1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'12 IL OG Dan Voltz (Signed to Wisconsin)

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Buffnik, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN
    247 Sports

[​IMG]
    Barrington H.S. (Hoffman Estates, IL)

Ht: 6-foot-5
    Wt: 289 lbs
    40: 5.37 secs

Rivals rating: 4*-5.8rr; #8 OG (#153 overall)
    Scout rating: 4*; #7 OG
    ESPN rating: 4*-80 grade; #19 OT
    247s rating: 4*-97 grade; #2 OG (#54 overall)

Reported Offers: Alabama, Arizona, Auburn, Boston College, Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Purdue, Stanford, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin

2. Buffnik

This guy's gonna be huge. He's already benching 330 lbs prior to his junior year in high school. Hopefully we can pull him out of Big 10 country.

3. Highlander27

Highlander27 Well-Known Member

This guy is definitely legit. He's got some of the strong hands i've seen from any of the kids coming out this year, only he graduates NEXT year. Great base, able to block effectively when rushing or passing the ball, and he's a closer. He will leave kids on the ground. I don't think he's an ELITE LT although he could probably play it because his fundamentals are great. This guy looks like another Chris Naeole to me. He's a beast.

He's up in Illinois which is a OL pipeline i'd like to see us start pulling from, understanding it falls after CA/TX on our wishlist. Still, I'd assign one of our best recruiters to this guy and try to get him into Boulder. Eric Bieniemy with his upper midwest ties to the Vikings would be my choice.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  4. Highlander27

I'm not sure how to embed this but here's his Junior year highlights. He's exactly the type of guy we need, ie PHYSICAL.

[video=youtube;AHxud3LQp2A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHxud3LQp2A[/video]

Competition is going to be rough for this guy. Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Tennessee and Illinois are all favorites as of right now.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  5. Highlander27

Another thing that could go in CU's favor... Barrington HS is where we picked up Freshman Gus Handler from. Not saying that sways his vote, but it's always nice to have some things going into your favor. Who knows if Gus is a player but that's a typical Hawkins move. Cluster recruiting..... pull one under the radar guy from the school and hope his much higher regarded classmate makes the jump with him.

6. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

He committed to Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago apparently. :sad2:

7. Buffnik

Not really a surprise. He looks like a Wisconsin OL. Should be a good fit for him.

8. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Remember the name. Think he can be a star for Wisconsin.

9. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

In that case, it will be fun to watch him pancake the nubs.

10. Highlander27

This kid is a stud. He'll be a name to remember for sure. He'll fit in well for the Badgers. Hopefully when Embree has been here for three or four years, our smashing OL will be thought of like Wisconsin.