What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 IL WR Sam Handler (Committed to UCLA - PWO)

AlferdJasper

Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

222695.jpg
217455.jpg

Barrington HS (Barrington, IL)

Ht: 5-foot-11
Wt: 181 lbs
40: 4.51 secs

Rivals rating: unranked WR
Scout rating: unranked WR
ESPN rating: unranked ATH
247 rating: unranked WR

Reported Offers:

Scout: AllenTrieu
Handler Getting Western Interest: (Oct. 2010)
Sam Handler is picking up interest from colleges at a steady pace.

"I'm getting constant mail from UCLA, Colorado, and Arizona. So far I saw UCLA play Stanford and I saw Illinois play Northern Illinois."

Then there is Colorado, where his brother Gus is an offensive lineman.

"It's nice to have connections there because of my brother. Last year I saw couple practices. That summer when I had a break, I went out there and saw practice and talked to the coaches. It's nice having a brother there to have inside information from."

footnote: Handler says Stanford, Duke, Cincinnati and Northwestern have also sent him game invites and he and his talented teammate, Dan Voltz may be visiting Cincinnati soon.

Junior Year (fall 2010), game highlight
[video=youtube;afp0xVp87bA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afp0xVp87bA[/video]

Sam Handler Junior Year (fall 2010) Highlights
[video=youtube;T6R8qZRiOmg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6R8qZRiOmg&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]

Sam Handler at Army Combine (January 2011)
[video=youtube;CIFq3IcCi1k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIFq3IcCi1k&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]

Dan Voltz:

820310.jpg

Handler is teammates and good friends with highly recruited '12 OG/OT Dan Voltz who currently holds 16 offers: Arizona, Boston College, Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Purdue, Stanford, Vanderbilt, West Virginia, Western Michigan, and Wisconsin.

In a recent interview with a Michigan recruiting site, Dan Volz was asked about teammates.

Interviewer Sean O’Connell: Are you hoping to play with any former/current teammates at the next level?

Dan Voltz: “I have not put much thought of playing with a current teammate at the next level, but I would love to play with Chase Murdock or Sam Handler. They have been my teammates for a while now and we are close friends.”

Edgy Tim Article (non premium content)
Handler Can do it All
http://edgytim.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1166163

Barrington (Ill.) junior wide receiver prospect Sam Handler (5-foot-11, 181 pounds) might be listed at one position, yet Handler is anything but a one position type of player and prospect. Handler, who had a terrific 2010 junior season for the Broncos and head coach Joe Sanchez fills us in on his latest football recruiting news and much more in this update.

"I was able to make some unofficial visits over the fall. I went and checked out games at Illinois when they played NIU and I also went to see a Colorado game when they played Texas Tech. My brother Gus plays for Colorado and I've been to the school several times already and I really like Colorado. I'm getting steady mail from UCLA, Arizona, Syracuse, Colorado, Illinois, Cincinnati, Iowa and Stanford the most.”

217456.jpg

Some positive angles working here. Dan Voltz is probably the best offensive linemen I've seen this year thus far, sans USC commit Arik Armstead. Voltz could start as a freshman on some teams IMO, definitely at CU.

Just looking at the stuff that up he looks like a player. I would be happy to have him as a Buff with or without Voltz(although Voltz would make it even better.)

Sounds like he likes Boulder and it would be cool for him to be able to share some college time with his brother. Come on Gus, bring your brother to CU.

Handler heading to UCLA: Barrington senior wide receiver and all-area pick Sam Handler hopes to become part of UCLA’s return to prominence under new head coach Jim Mora Jr.

Handler has decided to join the program as a preferred walk-on and will enroll in school Monday with spring practice beginning Tuesday.

Handler caught 40 passes for 489 yards and 5 touchdowns this fall for Barrington. His brother Gus started this past season at center as a redshirt sophomore at Colorado.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20120329/sports/703299596/print/

Congrats to Sam!

Back