What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 JC DE Morgan Breslin (Signed to USC)

The question recruits have to ask themselves is whether Mora is going to be a Carrol or a Calahan. He has basically zero college experience vs. pro and college experienced coaching at CU. Go Buffs!

Mora will convince this kid he is a defensive wizard in the mold of Pete Carroll without any problems, IF he decides he wants him.

The only question that remains is do they want him? The coach will want to start over in evaluations and he will have to push this decision to the top of the heap. To take a Juco, he first needs to understand "does he need him" - in his defense, which requires him to evaluate what he has coming back first and foremost. Otherwise, he may prefer to go for an incoming freshman.

If UCLA passes, we get his commitment. He wants to play in the Pac12 and will want to play UCLA every year, if that's the case.

With it being so quiet my guess is UCLA... And I'm assuming he didn't take any other visits

Should have signed him instead of another certain de. Oh well. not a position of need in this class anymore.

Should've kept after him, we don't have anyone coming in at DE that could make the impact this guy would have. Sigh.

I should've clarified, I meant impact in terms of next year. I can see Jagne (assuming he gets in) being a monster. However, the kid currently benches like 250, Breslin would've been a great solution for the next year or two while our young DEs bulk up.

Is our staff doing anything right? Jesus.

Mr. Optimism strikes again.

You make it sound like we are recruiting equal to Northern Colorado or something.

Decisions have to be made, both by our staff and by kids. Lets see how it all turns out on the field before going into full panic mode.
4071363_2c7178fd12_z.jpg

Last edited:
Mr. Optimism strikes again.

You make it sound like we are recruiting equal to Northern Colorado or something.

Decisions have to be made, both by our staff and by kids. Lets see how it all turns out on the field before going into full panic mode.
4071363_2c7178fd12_z.jpg

Looking at our Defensive line and LBs for next year, you'll understand why not landing this guy is a big deal. A bunch of 18 year olds isn't going to get us bowl eligible next year.

Looking at our Defensive line and LBs for next year, you'll understand why not landing this guy is a big deal. A bunch of 18 year olds isn't going to get us bowl eligible next year.

Given a choice between a longer term building block and a short term quick fix, I'll take the long term guy.

Not saying I wouldn't have liked to have this guy, or some other JC guys who would probably help out immediately, but not at the cost of giving up a guy who will help us 3-4 years down the road when the team should be moving out of rebuilding mode and into solid winning mode.

Do you guys honestly believe that we had a shot once USC came calling after their DE announced for the NFL? Hubris!

Do you guys honestly believe that we had a shot once USC came calling after their DE announced for the NFL? Hubris!

That is why I mentioned the kid making decisions as well, this isn't a draft. They kid makes the ultimate decision and you are right. How much chance did we have with a kid who played HS and JC in California when USC offers. Hard to blame the coaches for this one.

Now its onto the excuse making. Nice
Huh? You were assuming he was coming here and are throwing a big fit because the coaches said no. Now, I bring up the possibility tha the was never coming here, and it is an excuse? Just keep crying baby.

SO how is the staff supposed to get JuCo DL in when the school won't admit them? The staff is addressing the DL and LB wasn't a big need this cycle and we have a very good shot with Rippy.

There has to be a reason the staff said no. Maybe they did it reluctantly because, as tini pointed out, it was an academic issue. I dont know, just saying you dont say no to someone like this at a need position with the talent he has. The USC point may be right too, they pretty much get who they want.

There has to be a reason the staff said no. Maybe they did it reluctantly because, as tini pointed out, it was an academic issue. I dont know, just saying you dont say no to someone like this at a need position with the talent he has. The USC point may be right too, they pretty much get who they want.
Again, this belief that the staff said no. I'm not sure that was the case.

You may be right, I really dont know just guessing. If USC was in on him from the get go, Im not shocked. Could be as simple as USC being where he wanted to go, either way he isnt a Buff.

afaik, the only suggestion of this was Breslin telling AZ that CU coaches weren't talking to him any more. There's a huge gap between that and assuming that our coaches told him we weren't interested any more.

afaik, the only suggestion of this was Breslin telling AZ that CU coaches weren't talking to him any more. There's a huge gap between that and assuming that our coaches told him we weren't interested any more.

Question still stands, why was there a stop in talking to him? There had to be a reason whether it was school or him liking USC more, something.

It could be alot of things, no telling. Just putting some things out there that might have happened, some of yall are closer to it than me. It just seemed for awhile he was ours to lose, maybe he never was.

Back