What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 KS SG Buddy Hield (Signed to Oklahoma)

Eric Bossi:

Kansas SG (by way of the Bahamas) Buddy Hield will visit Colorado this weekend. Next weekend he checks out Oklahoma.

Nebraska is all over Hield, Marquette's Buzz Williams has been in and Kansas' Bill Self and Danny Manning dropped in last week.

I was just going to give you guys a heads up, it looks like Wichita State is all but out of the running. Not sure if people were preemptive to say both sides were interested, or where it started, but it looks like interest from both sides never really took off.

Some people I talk with, have pointed to the fact that Perry Ellis will play a wing for Wichita State, so we might not have put much effort into SF's or SG's of recent, because all of our recruiting in the last 5 months points to recruiting around the SF and SG position, even though we don't have a great SG or SF recruited at this time.

He told me in real life..
621-is-this-real-life-david.jpg

Thanks, UBL.

So all we need to do to make this a Top 10 class is get a Kansas kid away from KU and flip a College Station kid off aTm?

Shouldn't be a problem. :smile2:

I've heard that through the grapevines, that he's a KU lock. That he'd even wait to announce and commit till the spring, to make sure KU has a schollie for him. He's that dedicated to the hawks. But then again, its all hearsay.

That doesn't surprise me Shocker. But, like Caruso, it's great that we're in the running with these guys.

BTW, Adam is doing a nice job covering basketball recruiting on Rivals everyone. This is a few days old, but he had a nice write-up on Hield's visit to CU.

"I took my first official visit to Colorado this past weekend and it was great," Hield said. "I knew going into the trip that it is a beautiful place and I got to see that their University has a lot to offer. It was good getting to know their coaches and players. It is a really great group of guys.

*snip*

Hield has not decided yet if he will commit and sign in November or wait until the spring signing period. He has another trip lined up for this coming weekend.

Hield is visiting Oklahoma today, and going along with 'Nik's post in the football recruiting board that is a must read, Hield mentioned specifically meeting with CU's academic advisors.

You're right. I haven't been around nearly long enough to be a sole source, though soon I hope. Buddy is one hell of a player, and from the people I talked to, he just didn't really love Boulder. Hard to imagine him feeling like that and going to Norman, but such is life.

You're right. I haven't been around nearly long enough to be a sole source, though soon I hope. Buddy is one hell of a player, and from the people I talked to, he just didn't really love Boulder. Hard to imagine him feeling like that and going to Norman, but such is life.

He seemed to really like the midwest plains. To each their own, I guess. I always thought it weird that a kid who was originally from the Caribbean wasn't looking for a program on the coast, so when he wasn't I figured he was beating to a different drum. Norman doesn't surprise me. I still think KU can flip him if they're interested in doing so.

I think the fact KU basically told him "We like you, but we like others better, wait till spring until we know our situation." kind of shot that down the drain. The kid isn't stupid, and he knew that is exactly what they said, even if it was in a different wording.

I think he's a pretty solid lock to stay at OU.

He's money from DEEP. He has a silky sweet J, and can hit them from deep. I really plan to catch a few game around the city (Wichita) this year, just to see the talent we have coming out of Wichita play. Sunrise is starting to make a name for themselves with having some really really strong players. I hope to catch just one of their games this year, and I also hope to catch North vs Heights play, because I'll get to see Connor Frankamp (Jr who already signed with KU) for North, play against Heights which has Perry Ellis and Gavin Thurman. The potential to see 3 big time D-1, possibly NBA potential players in one high school game doesn't come by often, especially in Wichita. We haven't been known to put out very good hoops talent in the last 20ish years. The last big time recruit to come out of Wichita was probably Mo Evans who signed with WSU, but then transferred to Texas, and then has made a nice career playing as the 6th man on lots of teams in the NBA.

Back to Hield though. He plays AAU ball for Pray and Play Players which is a local Kansas team which is headlined by Perry Ellis. They are a really good AAU team and always play in the best tournaments, and that is where Buddy has showcased his talents this summer. When the July evaluation period hit, his name was all over the web, all the recruiting analysts, bloggers, you name it, were writing about him. And it was always "who is this kid draining 3's?" I think not only should he be a bit higher ranked in the top 150, but he should higher ranked amongst the SG's, and honestly should be top 10 in pure outside shooters in his class. He's really going to be quite the threat. Whoever gets him, will have 4 years of great offensive production.

This info makes last nights game so much more interesting. Would have loved to see him at CU

Back