What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 LA ATH Jeffrey Hall (Signed to Colorado)

He sure looks faster than 4.6 he completely toasts everyone on the field. Exciting for sure!!

Welcome aboard!!

ALL RIGHT!!! Welcome to the B+G Jeffrey! You're in a win win. Get drafted soon, get paid soon. Don't get drafted, play some ball and get drafted in 4 years!

Questions: Can he enter the MLB draft every year? Do you think he will?

Hmmmm, top 3 rounds. Maybe I should tweet Keith Law and see if this guy is Top 5 round material. He follows that kind of stuff

I believe he can be drafted only after his SR year in HS and then again after his 3rd year in college and then any year thereafter. This rule applies even if he is not playing baseball. If he's not drafted in the top three this year, he won't be thereafter as he won't be showcasing his talent. He could play summer ball, Cape Cod league or something to keep sharp. Playing two sports and being good at both is really tougher these days.

Hall was on Buffchips and updated his stats. He said he is 5'11 and a half. Weights 176 (sounds like he wants to get to 180). His 40 is 4.42.

Welcome aboard and thank you for bringing your services to Boulder you will love it here!!

How did he sound on the interview BT?
Great he seems to really like Embo(his words) and the coaching staff. He didn't even care about his other offers, especially Arizona where he could have played baseball too. I got the feeling he has decided football is now his sport. He was well mannered and respectful. Not the most talkative, but he was able to answer succinctly.

He indicated that playing corner was easier than the other positions. Hopefully he is just a natural and he fits right in.

I thought he comported himself quite well. His decision to focus on one sport (football) rather than both is a good sign and shows some wisdom and maturity. (lots of athletes who try to play baseball, and never make a mark in either)

Also very happy to hear that he is much faster than previously reported.

I'm sure his perception of playing corner is going to change once he lines up against P-rich and G. Thomas, who have real speed. (not to mention USC and Udub WR's)

Tweeted:

True freshman cornerback Jeff Hall tweeted, "What college need a new corner ?"
When one of his followers asked if he was leaving the program, Hall responded, "yeah that's what it lookin like. I came here for the coach.. No reason to stay.. My playin time was messed over anyway.."

Tweeted:True freshman cornerback Jeff Hall tweeted, "What college need a new corner ?"
When one of his followers asked if he was leaving the program, Hall responded, "yeah that's what it lookin like. I came here for the coach.. No reason to stay.. My playin time was messed over anyway.."

So, you came here for the coach, who messed over your playing time, so now you are going to leave? I expect most of these guys will calm down when they get more information - like who the new coach is.

These guys are going thru a lot of emotions right now. They just completed a dissapointing season, lost their coach and they feel a ton of uncertainty. They need to be given some time and see who is brought in and the plan for moving forward. Emotional outbursts can be expected from 18 to 21 year old kids. They need to blow off some steam and given the time to think and process.

These guys are going thru a lot of emotions right now. They just completed a dissapointing season, lost their coach and they feel a ton of uncertainty. They need to be given some time and see who is brought in and the plan for moving forward. Emotional outbursts can be expected from 18 to 21 year old kids. They need to blow off some steam and given the time to think and process.

:nod:

There will be attrition. I hope that Jeff ends up making the best choice for himself personally. I would love that to be at CU, but I will wish him well no matter what happens.

Relax and let it play out, guys. There's going to be some attrition, but the immediate aftermath leads to a ton of emotional reaction and threats of leaving that doesn't all play out once we get a competent coach in here who makes it clear he's going to turn this program back into a winner.

Back