What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 MI SF Chris Jenkins (Signed to Colorado)

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

20110223233755_20110223-fl-bm-catholic_league_semifinals041_thumb.jpg

University of Detroit Jesuit H.S. (Detroit, MI)

AAU: REACH

Ht: 6-foot-6
Wt: 190 lbs

Rivals rating: 3*; unranked SF
Scout rating: 3*; unranked SF
ESPN rating: 2*-80 grade; #136 SF
247sports rating: NR

Reported Offers: Colorado, Central Michigan, Detroit, Duquesne, Eastern Michigan, Florida International, Morehead State

Last edited:
Good info by Yung on this one. Hopefully we'll get some interviews soon. Looks like he's got nice length.

AAU Clips of Chris Jenkins

[video=youtube;7UKmbP4H5PA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UKmbP4H5PA[/video]

Kid can play and has a huge upside. Long, athletic, skilled...added strength and weight and could be headed to next level after college.

Hell ya! Can I get an analysis on his game?

Not a whole lot out there right now that I'm finding. Watching that video, I'm impressed with his athleticism and his left hand. Would love to see more of his shooting. Right now I'm picturing him being a slashing type swingman. I found an article from the CMU Rivals site that has some interesting info.

Most schools are looking to play Jenkins at shooting guard or small forward, but some are considering him to move to power forward. The Chippewas would likely play him on the wing at the two or three spot in the offense.

Sounds like both Michigan and Stanford were interested as well, but no idea if they actually offered.

Jenkins did an interview with UMHoops.com in March.

Chris Jenkins is a versatile wing out of U of D Jesuit High School, Jordan Morgan’s alma mater. I got a chance to talk with him about the recruiting process, what he thinks of Michigan, and his relationship with Morgan.

Describe your game. I kind of changed my game from last year. I’m really letting the game come to me. I start the game by shooting a couple of jumpshots to see if my shot’s falling. If it’s not falling, I turn into a slasher — I slash to the basket and I try to get some midrange shots in there and try to take it to the hole to get to the free throw line. But if my shots are falling, then it’s going to be a long day at the 3-point line (laughs).

[video=youtube;Pf7FACU3Pwo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf7FACU3Pwo[/video]

This is the video cnbuff410 just posted. Love the spin move at the beginning. Kid looks skinny.

The knock on Jenkins in Big 10 country seemed to be that he was soft. He wasn't a guy who mixed it up inside or taking it to the basket. More of a finesse player. Later articles and blogs I saw made it sound like he became more aggressive.

I think he's a really good fit for us and the Pac-12. Lots of upside here. You can't coach his length and versatility. You can't coach a scorer's mentality that allowed him to put up 28.3 in Detroit basketball last year. He probably needs some time in the weight room and some work on his ball handling so he can play a little point and also lead the break when the opportunity's there.

Jenkins did an interview with UMHoops.com in March.

Chris Jenkins is a versatile wing out of U of D Jesuit High School, Jordan Morgan’s alma mater. I got a chance to talk with him about the recruiting process, what he thinks of Michigan, and his relationship with Morgan.

Describe your game. I kind of changed my game from last year. I’m really letting the game come to me. I start the game by shooting a couple of jumpshots to see if my shot’s falling. If it’s not falling, I turn into a slasher — I slash to the basket and I try to get some midrange shots in there and try to take it to the hole to get to the free throw line. But if my shots are falling, then it’s going to be a long day at the 3-point line (laughs).

Would be amazing if he is a very reliable 3pt shooter.

reminds me of the #11 we just lost in that highlight. Maybe ab etter outside shot.

Saw him and his dad on Friday while I was waiting for the bus but couldn't figure out who it was.

Welcome!

Nice! I think Nik or Goose broke the news that he was interested in CU. Good job guys and welcome aboard Chris!

Back