What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 MO PG Kyleesha Weston (WBB) (Signed to Colorado)

Sorry about the post. I was posting about 2 different games. Sorry. They lost the championship the week prior. She made that tournament team, and made MVP.

The next week, we beat St. Joe Central, and denied their coach of his 500 Win. :)

Yea, she is slightly banged up, and definitely in need of some ROR. But, there are still some games to be played. Rest assured, she's on a mission, we haven't made it out of districts in a very long time. That's one of her goals that she has left to accomplish for her high school. Stats doesn't mean anything, she wants to win and move on to sectionals and hopefully state. I'll keep you posted

Season has ended for Kyleesha. They lost the district championship. She was very disappointed. But excited for the next chapter in her life. CU BASKETBALL!!!!!!! Kyleesha made 1st team All Conference, as well as 1st team All District. She recently was annouced one of the finalist for the Direnna Award, giving to the top basketball player around the MO/KAN (Kansas City Area). She's one of 5 finalist. A great honor. She will also be playing in the MO/Kan All Star game on April 6th.

Last edited:
Season has ended for Kyleesha. They lost the district championship. She was very disappointed. But excited for the next chapter in her life. CU BASKETBALL!!!!!!! Kyleesha made 1st team All Conference, as well as 1st team All District. She recently was annouced one of the finalist for the Direnna Award, giving to the top basketball player around the MO/KAN (Kansas City Area). She's one of 5 finalist. A great honor. She will also be playing in the MO/Kan All Star game on April 6th.

Sorry to hear they didn't get districts, but congrats on a great season and individual honors. Tell her to come in ready. If she can own the point, we can let Brit Wilson play more of her natural 2 and Chucky can create mismatches on the Wing. Offense could get explosive and the defensive pressure would be outstanding.

NCAAs or bust next year!

Subscribed to thread with relationship poster. Thanks for the updates! Go Buffs!

i'm a little confused. What?

I think he means that he subscribed to this thread because you are bringing such awesome information due to your relationship with Kyleesha. I could be wrong though. Rugged's posts can mean anything.

I think he means that he subscribed to this thread because you are bringing such awesome information due to your relationship with Kyleesha. I could be wrong though. Rugged's posts can mean anything.

I speak Rugged. You are correct. That post was sincere.

Oh okay. :) Well i'll update after all star game. Hopefully you guys can see her in action, and judge for yourself, in a few months. :)

She's definitely getting herself prepared.
Tell her to keep working!!!! In last night's first round WNIT game, our Buffs did win by a decent (12 point) margin but it was really ugly getting there. Huge number of turnovers in the face of pressure defense on the ball handlers, particularly double team defense using the side line as a third defender. If she can hit the ground running when she gets here that would be outstanding! It's been too long since CU WBB has had a good true point guard.

I've heard rumor that the team may be going to Italy this summer. Do you know if this is true? Will Kyleesha be here in time for that trip? Great opportunity for more practices and games to help the new players and returning players mesh as a team.

Sorry, we just got back from vacation. Yes, this is true, they are going to Italy, and Kyleesha will be going as well.

Her play is going to be huge for us this year. Both spelling Chucky and giving us a different look that allows Chucky to slide over to the "2" or "3" at times.

Going against Chucky every day in practice should accelerate the learning process for her too.

Yes, Chucky's a good basketball player. It will be a great for Kyleesha to learn a lot from her this year. It will definitely be to Kyleesha's advantage to have to go against someone like that in practice day in and out. :nod: Make her alot stronger for the season.

Yes, Chucky's a good basketball player. It will be a great for Kyleesha to learn a lot from her this year. It will definitely be to Kyleesha's advantage to have to go against someone like that in practice day in and out. :nod: Make her alot stronger for the season.

Definitely. No one was able to effectively guard Chucky last season without help. When she's on her game, same goes for Brittany (who was playing out of position as a PG).

B Wil was definitely playing out of position at PG and if Ky can relieve Chucky instead of B Wil, this will help the TEAM.

Happy 18th birthday, Ky. :happybday:

I told Kyleesha, that i was going to try to make it to at least one a month, if not more, depending on weather. :) You know how 70 gets in the winter. :) But we're trying to make it to the first game on Nov 11th, she'll be playing at home the following week, and then thanksgiving tournament in Nov. In December a game against Illinois and Louisville game in December. Schedule is tentative and not set in stone, so i can't give specifics. Sorry

Illinois and Louisville ..... hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm... looks like the coaches learned from last season that they needed to have some challenges in the non-con schedule rather than so many cupcakes. Good on them. Can you give us any other opponents?

Kyleesha looks like the real deal! She played very well yesterday! It would be awesome to see her take over the point for good sometime this season.

Back