What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 NJ CB Yuri Wright (Signed to Colorado)

"Colorado has Tony Jones, our running back from two years ago, and he likes it a lot out there. I really enjoyed my visit there and I liked that it was open and not big city, that was nice.

"Georgia and Colorado most likely," he said. "I will set up an official with Georgia sometime soon and I want to go back and see Colorado again. After that I don't really know, but I'll figure that out soon."

Will be taking an OV to CU and will decide at the AA game in January now.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1239261

Yuri changes his mind more than Wally alternates lotions.

This will go to January, I think.

Honestly don't care any longer. I tend to have agreed with everything that Embree has done thus far. The guy wants tough players that are motivated to go play... not do this stupid song & dance over and over.

Just shut up and play. And if not, find me somebody who's tough and that will. That's the bottom line. If Yuri goes, it won't be the first talented CB that turned us down. Won't be the last. We need to perfect ourselves in OUR area and if Bosco kids or east coast kids want to come in, great. I'm more than happy w/ CU getting primarily all of their players from CA/TX/CO and secondary states like the Pac 12 football print, LA, HI or OH.

Honestly don't care any longer. I tend to have agreed with everything that Embree has done thus far. The guy wants tough players that are motivated to go play... not do this stupid song & dance over and over.

Just shut up and play. And if not, find me somebody who's tough and that will. That's the bottom line. If Yuri goes, it won't be the first talented CB that turned us down. Won't be the last. We need to perfect ourselves in OUR area and if Bosco kids or east coast kids want to come in, great. I'm more than happy w/ CU getting primarily all of their players from CA/TX/CO and secondary states like the Pac 12 football print, LA, HI or OH.

This. He looks like a genius now with Berglund.

donmac is probably my least favorite poster. Some stuff is spot on, most just seems like bs. I just get the feeling if we get Yuri, he will take complete credit for it. If we don't, he'll say he gave us Yuri on a silver platter but the coaches dropped the ball

Yuri changes his mind more than Wally alternates lotions.

This will go to January, I think.

Me too.....

sprinter.gif

New Scout article I'll post when I'm home on my computer. We're still in it for Yuri.

So there's new articles on Rivals and Scout, one says we are out and one says we are in?

I'll check back in mid January.... And I'll try to avoid the DonMac-told-you-so threads.

I just think as more time passes, he likes CU less and less. Also, until proven otherwise, I doubt Greg Brown can help close on elite DB prospects.

I laugh at those who act like the sky is falling in August.

I do not think Yuri Wright is a must-have, but the DB recruiting has been pretty "meh" for several years now. Plus I am gonna puke if Cal ends up with Wright and Ishmael Adams.

Henderson is starting now as a true frosh and we just put our last two corners in the league this last year with one being a first round pick. The PAC-12 is a passing league that produces more NFL QB's than the other conferences. Yuri will get to showcase his stuff against the best competition starting the minute he sets foot on campus. If Yuri can't see the benefits of all of CU has to offer than there is really nothing we can do.

Plus I am gonna puke if Cal ends up with Wright and Ishmael Adams.

Sure, but who's going to coach them, Ambrose? Did you not witness the DB play last year vs. nebraska & ksu? Our two future draft choices at the corners were lost & out-played in both games.

Is 4-star CB Wright Ready to Trim List?

By Brian Dohn
Northeast Recruiting Analyst (Scout)
Posted Aug 22, 2011

“I haven’t really set up any visits yet,” he said. “I’m trying to cut down to five schools and I’m at about 10 right now. I know I have Michigan, Colorado, California, Notre Dame, Georgia and Rutgers on my list. Those are some of them, but I’m not sure of the others in the 10.”

“I’m definitely trying to trim it before the season so I know the five schools I’m going out to visit,” Wright said. “I don’t really talk to Notre Dame that much, but I really like the school. I would say the schools I talk to the most are Cal, Colorado, Rutgers and Georgia."

It sounds like Cal and Georgia are the schools we have the most to worry about. Notre Dame is the darkhorse here if they step up. From the stuff he has said, I think Rutgers may be a courtesy mention similar to how Cyler Miles would mention CU during the process.

Back