What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 NJ S Elijah Shumate (Signed to Notre Dame)

He's got LSU on his FB page as class of 2016, not sure what the hell it means though.

Sounds like we've just recently gotten in on him.
"I have only visited Boston College, Rutgers, UConn and Colorado so far," Shumate said. "The coaches that have been showing me the most interest are from South Carolina, Rutgers, LSU, North Carolina and Virginia.""

Might have a better chance here than I originally thought. Need to get him and Wright out here on an official visit here together.

From what I read, I would have posted ^^that^^ under Yuri's thread... Did you confuse them?

Shumate has some good things to say too, but Yuri definitely seemed to enjoy the visit a bit more. That is why I want us to get them both back on an official visit together. I feel confident we can Yuri back to Boulder, Shumate is going to take some work.

Shumate has some good things to say too, but Yuri definitely seemed to enjoy the visit a bit more. That is why I want us to get them both back on an official visit together. I feel confident we can Yuri back to Boulder, Shumate is going to take some work.

Youre right on Shumate, he liked his visit to Rutgers. That was expected though. I could only see that he liked his visit, I dont have a scout subscription anymore.

Youre right on Shumate, he liked his visit to Rutgers. That was expected though. I could only see that he liked his visit, I dont have a scout subscription anymore.

Shumate is going to be a really tough pull.

Shumate is going to be a really tough pull.

Gotta think that if we pull Yuri (which we should), Elijah would follow him. Both enjoyed their visits to Boulder and I don't think either want to stay in state and go to Rutgers.

Gotta think that if we pull Yuri (which we should), Elijah would follow him. Both enjoyed their visits to Boulder and I don't think either want to stay in state and go to Rutgers.

Wright and Shumate are going to do their own thing. This is not a package deal, and those rarely end up working out anyway.

As far as Rutgers, you could make the argument that they lead for Shumate right now. South Carolina seems to be in the mix too.

I know that they're not a package deal but what I would think would happen is that they see the chance to be something special at CU and follow each other. Or it could back fire and they both go to USC or Rutgers, but I don't see that happening.

CU Student TGruenler.. It's fertilize. We prefer to associate with smarter dudes. Learn to spell. Fail.

cry_me_a_river.jpg

We're definitely in the conversation for Shumate, but we're not a leader. It would certainly help if Yuri is a strong CU lean and they do an official visit together this fall (especially if Hamilton & Caroo want to visit, too). But there's a lot of work to be done in order to land even one of the Don Bosco superstars, let alone 2, 3 or all 4.

[video=youtube;XhF1S_Wp4h4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhF1S_Wp4h4[/video]

Finally have some 2010 highlights. Supposedly we're still in it for Shumate. Need to have a good season to have a shot, though.

[video=youtube;j_zo1ELT0Vc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_zo1ELT0Vc[/video]

Will Shumate qualify at Notre Dame?

If not, could CU be in the lead to get him as a grayshirt who joins us next January?

Worth keeping an eye on.

(Speculation seen on Rivals board and posted by someone who should know if something's up.)

Back