What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 NV RB Shaquille Powell (Signed to Duke)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

844876.jpg

Bishop Gorman H.S. (Las Vegas, NV)

Ht: 5-foot-9
Wt: 195 lbs
40: 4.59 secs

Rivals rating: 4*-5.8rr; #6 all purpose RB (#241 overall)
Scout rating: 3*; #44 RB
ESPN rating: 3*-76 grade; #55 RB
247 rating: 3*-87 grade; #12 all purpose RB

Reported Offers: Arizona State, Duke, Illinois, Vanderbilt, Fresno State, Northern Arizona, San Diego State, UNLV

[video=youtube;ToIz2ZDbC3Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToIz2ZDbC3Y[/video]

[video=youtube;tkq_n_LOEuw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkq_n_LOEuw&feature[/video]

Running back Shaquille Powell is drawing early comparisons to Oklahoma running back DeMarco Murray, who came out of Bishop Gorman in the Class of 2006. Powell started last season and rushed for 1,555 yards, 29 touchdowns and averaged 11.5 yards per carry.

"I just want to keep working hard," Powell said. "I want to keep it going."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4997746

[video=youtube;K-0TgmAaZQM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-0TgmAaZQM&feature=related[/video]

Great article on Powell's impressive camp performances: Las Vegas Sun link

Here's a teaser on the article:

The 5-foot-9, 198-pound Powell had the third best score in early April in the SPARQ — the SAT of sorts for high school athletes, with the acronym standing for speed, power, agility, reaction and quickness — at the 12th Nike SPARQ Combine in Long Beach, Calif. The camp featured 1,100 west coast prospects.

Similar camps were held in Miami and Tampa, and Powell’s score of 116.58 still ranks in the top 10 of the nation.

“I expected I would do good, but that good, I was even a little shocked,” Powell said.

Powell’s time of 4.6 seconds in the 40-yard dash was average, but his 4.10 shuttle time was off the charts.

Word is that Powell has interest in Colorado and is hoping we offer.

Liking the quick twitch athlete. He would be great as a nickel back with those quick bursts coming off the edge in blitzes or covering the slot. I also like as a PR/KR player or maybe a slot WR/RB like Dexter McCluster was in college.

Bishop Gorman is EXACTLY where we want to be if we start hitting Las Vegas recruiting hard. They are traditionally a great program.

That's going to be a great game. We were in on the tackle from Servite before he committed to Boise State. Never say never.

Watching this kids highlights, he reminds me a lot of Knowshon Moreno. A little bit shorter but same body type and running style.

That's going to be a great game. We were in on the tackle from Servite before he committed to Boise State. Never say never.

Watching this kids highlights, he reminds me a lot of Knowshon Moreno. A little bit shorter but same body type and running style.

Hopefully not as injury prone.

I think as he moves higher up, that upright running style and 4.6 speed will be the death of his knees, same thing with Slowshon Moreno. That being said, I think kids can get away with it on the college level.

Committed to the Blue Devils. Pretty good player imo, but I'd say rivals is overrating him a bit with the 4* ranking.

Dude had a monster senior year. 2450 yards, 12.5 per carry, 35 TDs.

Committed to the Blue Devils. Pretty good player imo, but I'd say rivals is overrating him a bit with the 4* ranking.

Dude had a monster senior year. 2450 yards, 12.5 per carry, 35 TDs.

Can't fault someone for wanting to get a degree from Duke, but Wallace Wade makes Stanford look like a diehard atmosphere.

Back