What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 OK RB Barry Sanders Jr. (Signed to Stanford)

He only got 174 yards and 4 tds against us. Not bad considering what he did to other teams.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;7zyLfibAjUs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zyLfibAjUs[/video]

I was at this game. Hard to believe he only had 174 yards, it felt like 300. They are being somewhat kind, the outcome wasn't in doubt much past the 1st quarter. Love seeing Alfred and Knavis as Sophs. in there.

I was at that game, too. Man, he was a machine that day. I don't ever remember any other single player having that kind of performance against CU. He was unstoppable.

Ok state can also be major contender. EB work your magic. We should be able to attract the best RB in the country with an asset like EB. Will take Barry Sanders JR, Keith Marshall, and Cattalion.

Barry Senior isn't in his life? Weird. I never figured him to be a dead-beat.

Props to the kid for making it on his own. It would be awesome if he considers CU but it looks like a crowded pool.

'Bama has already been down here to talk to his coaches. Jr "conveniently" overheard a conversation about what the paroleTide running backs may or may not be doing in the future (i.e., declaring early, etc.). Of course, according to Sa(t)ban, it's all a misunderstanding. Or so the story goes, iirc.

According to Scout, Bama committed a violation in regard to Sanders Jr. I dont have the time to link it at the moment.

Last edited:
Ok state can also be major contender. EB work your magic. We should be able to attract the best RB in the country with an asset like EB. Will take Barry Sanders JR, Keith Marshall, and Cattalion.

We need to quit thinking EB can just nitpick any RB and get him to CU. His resume is impressive but there are many guys across the country with equal or more impressive resumes. Bama's RB coach... ya he coached the Heisman winner a couple years ago. And they won the MNC. We can't compete with that... yet. With EB we will probably get a better RB then we would normally get but he is not the Jesus of RB coaches

We need to quit thinking EB can just nitpick any RB and get him to CU. His resume is impressive but there are many guys across the country with equal or more impressive resumes. Bama's RB coach... ya he coached the Heisman winner a couple years ago. And they won the MNC. We can't compete with that... yet. With EB we will probably get a better RB then we would normally get but he is not the Jesus of RB coaches

:ban:

I knew I'd get that kind of reaction. I'm just saying... temper your expectations a little bit.

Jesus works with the QB's. Moses is the man when it comes to running backs and he parted the red sea quite well in 2001.

I think if we could get BSJr it would be bigger than just getting a great running back, at least in a marketing sense. Even though it has nothing to do with him as a player, his dad and thus his own name would attract other recruits and sell lots of jerseys. I think it would even make the CU "brand" stronger and feel symbolic of "turning the corner" from the last five years in the gutter.

I'm kind of babbling, but do you know what I mean?

Somebody had to say it. Thank you for being "that guy.":lol:

You are correct though. I can see EB reeling in a very good 3* prospect and people being pissed.

It's all about how he performs on the field, one star or five star. Look at what happened with D Scott vs Speedy. Most 5 stars have never really had to work because they were so much more physically mature than their competition and thus usually have a bad work ethic (D Scott).

EB's going to benefit from Stewart graduating after this year. Top prospects are going to see a premier RB Coach, a system that's really good for a RB, and an opportunity to start as a true freshman. But don't be surprised if we start seeing a lot of the RBs in the database that we have offered come off the board this summer without us getting one. Our hope of being able to land one of two 4* or better guys, imho, is contingent on having a decent season that showcases the RB position. At this point, we're offering every great back and hoping at least one of them will be interested. We're fishing.

EB's going to benefit from Stewart graduating after this year. Top prospects are going to see a premier RB Coach, a system that's really good for a RB, and an opportunity to start as a true freshman. But don't be surprised if we start seeing a lot of the RBs in the database that we have offered come off the board this summer without us getting one. Our hope of being able to land one of two 4* or better guys, imho, is contingent on having a decent season that showcases the RB position. At this point, we're offering every great back and hoping at least one of them will be interested. We're fishing.

I think we are taking this approach with a lot of bluechip guys at various positions. Testing the waters and going after those that are receptive... Not exactly a focused strategy...

I think we are taking this approach with a lot of bluechip guys at various positions. Testing the waters and going after those that are receptive... Not exactly a focused strategy...

Not that part of it. But this staff is definitely walking and chewing gum at the same time, imo. We've also gone after a number of 3* type prospects that are within the main recruiting geography for CU. I don't see scattered offers unless the target is a blue chip recruit.

@newsoksports: Breaking: Barry j. Sanders expected to commit to stanford on saturday:

Hopefully this isn't true I'd really rather not have to play against him.

Okie Lite board melt down???

Interesting that two of the best players the Big 8 ever had (Sanders and Hagan), both had kids who chose bay area schools instead of their father's alma mater.

Sanders Jr is good, but he didn't dominate at the hs level like most down here thot he would. Also heard last night that he's been middle-of-the-pack at the hs all-america game he's playing in (reported by the Rivals guru who covers the boomers).

Just to be clear, he's not the same rb his dad was. Not the same electric shiftiness or quickness. Jr is a bit bigger and is a good one-cut runner, and iirc, is pretty good at catching passes as well.

Jr will be a pretty good d1 back, the sky is not falling if he chooses 'Furd for his college career.

Sanders Jr is good, but he didn't dominate at the hs level like most down here thot he would. Also heard last night that he's been middle-of-the-pack at the hs all-america game he's playing in (reported by the Rivals guru who covers the boomers).

Just to be clear, he's not the same rb his dad was. Not the same electric shiftiness or quickness. Jr is a bit bigger and is a good one-cut runner, and iirc, is pretty good at catching passes as well.

Jr will be a pretty good d1 back, the sky is not falling if he chooses 'Furd for his college career.

What I figured. I can't think of a single all-time great whose son was anywhere close to as good as dad was.

Back