What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 PA OLB Deaysean Rippy ('13 TNFR to Colorado)

Regarding my emotions and the prospect of getting Rippy 2.0:

[video=youtube;IcInPRRfr9E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcInPRRfr9E[/video]

i think boulder will show well this weekend... when they get here there will be snow in the mtns and a bit on the ground...but it will be in the 50's then it will snow sat and melt sunday...

It won't be the worst ever as long as the wind stays calm, but Embree will be able to say "This is it - this is as cold as it gets".

35 on Friday and Sunny (that is fine)
25 on Sat and cloudy - showers possible (that will feel cold)
29 on Sunday and Sunny

Overnight lows in the SINGLE digits will be the coldest of the year. That's about as cold as it gets here unless we get some rogue Arctic chill come thru for a few days.

I honestly think it's ideal. Embree will be out running around in a short-sleeve shirt saying this is as cold as it gets. Prove to the NFL that your are tough enough. Bring it on! (by the way, I grew up in New England and this isn't cold).

It won't be the worst ever as long as the wind stays calm, but Embree will be able to say "This is it - this is as cold as it gets".

35 on Friday and Sunny (that is fine)
25 on Sat and cloudy - showers possible (that will feel cold)
29 on Sunday and Sunny

Overnight lows in the SINGLE digits will be the coldest of the year. That's about as cold as it gets here unless we get some rogue Arctic chill come thru for a few days.

I honestly think it's ideal. Embree will be out running around in a short-sleeve shirt saying this is as cold as it gets. Prove to the NFL that your are tough enough. Bring it on! (by the way, I grew up in New England and this isn't cold).

Pretty spot on except for the arctic air. We typically get at least a week or two of sub-zero lows and single digit highs every year.

Pretty sure being from PA snow and cold weather isn't going to mean a thing to Deaysean..

Pretty spot on except for the arctic air. We typically get at least a week or two of sub-zero lows and single digit highs every year.

True. I remember the week after fall finals my senior year. We couldn't afford to turn the heat on and you couldn't put on enough blankets. We seem to get that week every year - but it is important for Embo and staff to remind recruits that cold week always comes after the season and often when they're at home anyway.

Pretty sure being from PA snow and cold weather isn't going to mean a thing to Deaysean..

He'll get out here and even though the temp will be low, the sun will be out and the humidity will be low, no wind and he will figure out quickly that 25 degrees in Boulder is way more comfortable than 40 degrees in PA.

Are we really discussing whether a kid from Western PA can handle the cold? :lol: Ever hear of something called "lake effect snow"?

So psyched to have Rippy, Crawley & Co. visiting. This is where it really starts to get fun. Go Buffs!!

i think boulder will show well this weekend... when they get here there will be snow in the mtns and a bit on the ground...but it will be in the 50's then it will snow sat and melt sunday...

i thought weather girls were supposed to be hot and girls.

That is how you make an entrance. (Well that or PMing pics of your dick to Creatini.)

Other lurkers, take note.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone. Thought it was an opportune moment to enter the picture with some extra-flair. This weekend reminds me of what Auburn did in the past, which lead to some incredible results. Embree will be pulling out all the stops on this one

Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone. Thought it was an opportune moment to entire the picture with some extra-flair. This weekend reminds me of what Auburn did in the past, which lead to some incredible results. Embree will be pulling out all the stops on this one

My list of favorite posters on Allbuffs:

1. Lunar 23

2. Nick

3. Almost everybody else

4. 'tini and pabuff

I'm sure everybody was wondering. Okay, let's return this thread to the glorious subject of Rippy's recruitment. Go Buffs!

My list of favorite posters on Allbuffs:

1. Lunar 23

2. Nick

3. Almost everybody else

4. 'tini and pabuff

I'm sure everybody was wondering. Okay, let's return this thread to the glorious subject of Rippy's recruitment. Go Buffs!

Who is Nick?

ironic we are discussing the weather this weekend in the Rippy thread. He's one of only a few recruits who will visit this year and find it warmer than home. Still, PA kids love to dream about South Beach. South Beach doesn't get you to the league anymore though.

Wouldn't surprise me. Pitt's always in it for guys in the 100 mile radius of the campus. Lucky for them, you can easily build a Top 25 team by locking down that talent.

Doesn't look like it worked that way for Wannstedt.

Doesn't look like it worked that way for Wannstedt.

He actually recruited well. They were keeping a lot of locals while getting some NJ guys and pulling in some speed from FL. Problem wasn't talent.

Jimmy Johnson had great coordinators in his Cowboys days with Norv as OC and Wannstedt as DC. They have both shown themselves to suck hard as HC's, though. Coordinator experience is so over-rated in HC's. Probably the best HC prep is ST Coordinator, since that position works with both offensive and defensive guys while also requiring a lot more in terms of efficient practice time management since they get less but need to work different groups for KO, KOR, P, PR and FG/XP while also putting a lot of thought into clock management and situational concerns.

He actually recruited well. They were keeping a lot of locals while getting some NJ guys and pulling in some speed from FL. Problem wasn't talent.

Jimmy Johnson had great coordinators in his Cowboys days with Norv as OC and Wannstedt as DC. They have both shown themselves to suck hard as HC's, though. Coordinator experience is so over-rated in HC's. Probably the best HC prep is ST Coordinator, since that position works with both offensive and defensive guys while also requiring a lot more in terms of efficient practice time management since they get less but need to work different groups for KO, KOR, P, PR and FG/XP while also putting a lot of thought into clock management and situational concerns.

Very true, seemed like the entire time Wannstedt was at Pitt they were losing games they should have won. Give up a big play here, a turnover there, penalty at the wrong moment. They weren't getting blown out but always played just bad enough to lose. It got to a point where it looked like the kids were expecting to lose.

Back