What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 PA OLB Deaysean Rippy ('13 TNFR to Colorado)

If he stays close to home because of family, that's not an ooops on this staff. We've seen this before with a certain Cali WR who ended up at oregano because of mom and grandma.

Pulling Rippy II will still be a coup of sorts.

This is another area where having Doug on the team helps. It may make a big difference to others in the family to be able to know that he has "family" here to help him adjust and adapt to college life. Also Doug can do some selling to the family about the idea that Embree is the guy they want guiding Deaysean. This could be a huge factor, all these coaches saying that they care about him, Doug can tell them that Embree is what he says he is.

This is another area where having Doug on the team helps. It may make a big difference to others in the family to be able to know that he has "family" here to help him adjust and adapt to college life. Also Doug can do some selling to the family about the idea that Embree is the guy they want guiding Deaysean. This could be a huge factor, all these coaches saying that they care about him, Doug can tell them that Embree is what he says he is.

C'mon Mtn. I'm having fun arguing with da Kal Bar.

Per AZ, our only remaining obstacle is Grandma. JE v. Grandma, coming up this week.

twitter convo

sherrard
@D-ripp11 whats good bro

deaysean
@sherrard23 whats gud with you bro jus living life

Sherrard
@D_Ripp11 yea bro i feel you. im just chilling man trying to get you in the black and gold still

deaysean
@sherrard23 ha i may come back out

sherrard23
@d_ripp11 i am hoping bro with you and @dougrippy3 and the help of other. i get chills down my spine thinking about that defnese #nohomo

Per AZ, our only remaining obstacle is Grandma. JE v. Grandma, coming up this week.

Grandma isn't opposed to CU at all. Just clarifying in case someone read that wrong. It's not a sell job to get her to change her mind. This is much more a case of solid parenting. My understanding is that she wants to be able to look Embree in the eye, have him answer her questions, and get a feel for him in person before she gives her blessing. Totally reasonable and I completely trust Embo will shine in that situation.

Embree's message is focused on the team as a family (check his cred on this with him starting the Buffs4Life charity), making sure that his players take care of academics (check his cred on this with every senior graduating and the discipline he dished out this year), and that he has a coaching staff that can get players prepared for a shot at the NFL (check his cred on this by looking at the NFL experience of the staff and all the players they have coached up).

Put that together with a family member already in the program, the opportunity for early playing time, and all games being televised under the new Pac-12 media deal. Colorado makes a ton of sense for Rippy.

Grandma isn't opposed to CU at all. Just clarifying in case someone read that wrong. It's not a sell job to get her to change her mind. This is much more a case of solid parenting. My understanding is that she wants to be able to look Embree in the eye, have him answer her questions, and get a feel for him in person before she gives her blessing. Totally reasonable and I completely trust Embo will shine in that situation.

Embree's message is focused on the team as a family (check his cred on this with him starting the Buffs4Life charity), making sure that his players take care of academics (check his cred on this with every senior graduating and the discipline he dished out this year), and that he has a coaching staff that can get players prepared for a shot at the NFL (check his cred on this by looking at the NFL experience of the staff and all the players they have coached up).

Put that together with a family member already in the program, the opportunity for early playing time, and all games being televised under the new Pac-12 media deal. Colorado makes a ton of sense for Rippy.
Your way is more accurate, but I sorta liked my way better. Also, you better be off the Internets on Monday.

When Rippy verbals, will it get some recruiting momentum going or not? Are there others sitting on the fence kind of waiting?

When Rippy verbals, will it get some recruiting momentum going or not? Are there others sitting on the fence kind of waiting?

Momentum is a good thing. Top players committing usually gives a boost. Rippy's impact may be less than a similar player from Texas or California because there won't be as many guys we're recruiting who know him from camps and competition.

Seriously you guys, stop messing with me. Are we really in the lead here?

Seriously you guys, stop messing with me. Are we really in the lead here?

Rippy = CU. This is my last post on the matter. Call me a troll with my sources but in 2013, I expect some brats and spicy dogs on that world class grill of yours if I'm right.

Rippy = CU. This is my last post on the matter. Call me a troll with my sources but in 2013, I expect some brats and spicy dogs on that world class grill of yours if I'm right.
World class grill? Its a ****ing Bunsen Burner! :rofl2:

Back