What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TNFR QB Jordan Webb (Committed to Colorado)

I think Embree picks a guy out of fall camp. The only way someone else gets significant PT is if plan A guy fails miserably or we are blowing people out in those early games. And that's as it should be. We need one guy executing with confidence.

There is exactly ZERO chance that he brought in BOTH Wood and Webb to be backups.

I agree. But it doesn't mean that either will prove himself to be more than a clipboard holder for us. They'll get every chance, but someone's got to win this thing.

I think Embree picks a guy out of fall camp. The only way someone else gets significant PT is if plan A guy fails miserably or we are blowing people out in those early games. And that's as it should be. We need one guy executing with confidence.

You think he'll pick someone after fall camp? Well I'd hope so. Or maybe he plans to let them wrastle for it. In which case, I think Wood ends up on top.

You think he'll pick someone after fall camp? Well I'd hope so. Or maybe he plans to let them wrastle for it. In which case, I think Wood ends up on top.

Yeah, pick one guy vs these ideas of platooning QBs, which never works.

I agree. But it doesn't mean that either will prove himself to be more than a clipboard holder for us. They'll get every chance, but someone's got to win this thing.

Getting back to the original point, I actually don't see Embree using Dillon even if the others don't step up, unless he feels he gives us a better chance to win in 2012. You may see him pull the RS and get Dillon some time to prep for 2013, but I don't see him throwing Dillon in there as the guy the way Hawkins threw Hansen in there. Embree understands that a QB needs confidence and needs to be brought along. Just my gut instinct here.

Is Dillon physically ready to play college football? Is he still 185?

Getting back to the original point, I actually don't see Embree using Dillon even if the others don't step up, unless he feels he gives us a better chance to win in 2012. You may see him pull the RS and get Dillon some time to prep for 2013, but I don't see him throwing Dillon in there as the guy the way Hawkins threw Hansen in there. Embree understands that a QB needs confidence and needs to be brought along. Just my gut instinct here.

You might be right. Kind of depends on Dillon. Andrew Luck redshirted. Matt Barkley didn't (but was an early enrollee). Oklahoma has been playing true frosh at QB, although Landry Jones only started because Sam Bradford got hurt -- even though he played great.

If Dillon had been an early enrollee, wasn't coming off that shoulder surgery and hadn't been a later arriver this summer due to CA graduation schedules, there wouldn't be so much stacked against him. But if he's the best player and he's mentally ready, he'll start.

images

In case you hadn't heard, he plead guilty to 3rd degree assault yesterday.

The misdemeanor is punishable by six to 24 months in jail and/or a fine of $500 to $5,000, according to the Colorado Revised Statutes. Webb, 22, is scheduled to appear for a sentencing in the case at 10:30 a.m. Sept. 6.

This likely ends his career at CU. Not sure HCMM would let him back after the plea, but it seems that the University's judicial affairs would suspend him for the semester regardless.

Edit: here's the link...

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-news/ci_23967626/cu-buffs-qb-jordan-webb-pleads-guilty-third

For a misdemeanor? I doubt that

Yeah, I hesitated to type that since I wasn't really sure what judicial affairs tolerance levels were. I kind of guessed that kicking the crap out of an Air Force cadet would get you suspended. Admittedly, I could be wrong.

Back