What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 Transfer WR Cayleb Jones (transfer to Arizona)

I think we dodged a bullet. Yes, I'd like to have that kind of talent on this team. However, from what limited information I've gotten on him, I think he's a problem waiting to happen. Who was that kid from ASU - the freak LB? You'd love to have him making plays, but the next minute he's doing something to kill your team. I just got the impression that this was that kind of player. Maybe I'm wrong, and he'll be a choirboy in Tucson. We'll see.

I think we dodged a bullet. Yes, I'd like to have that kind of talent on this team. However, from what limited information I've gotten on him, I think he's a problem waiting to happen. Who was that kid from ASU - the freak LB? You'd love to have him making plays, but the next minute he's doing something to kill your team. I just got the impression that this was that kind of player. Maybe I'm wrong, and he'll be a choirboy in Tucson. We'll see.
Vontaze Burfict, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

I'm tired of CU being a punchline-awful loser. I was willing to take the chance (based on my limited knowledge of the situation).

From wikipedia. Just say no?

[h=3]Cincinnati Bengals[/h] An undrafted rookie, Burfict managed to make the Cincinnati Bengals' roster. He played in all 16 games and started 14 of those, finishing the seasons as the Bengals' top tackler with 127 combined tackles, including 18 tackles in their final game of the year against the Baltimore Ravens. When Burfict was on field, the Bengals defense allowed 2.4 yards fewer per play compared to 4.5 when he was off the field.[SUP][8][/SUP]

From wikipedia. Just say no?

[h=3]Cincinnati Bengals[/h] An undrafted rookie, Burfict managed to make the Cincinnati Bengals' roster. He played in all 16 games and started 14 of those, finishing the seasons as the Bengals' top killer with 22 combined murders, including 8 murders in their final game of the year against the Baltimore Ravens. Where Ray Lewis showed him the ropes to kill and get off the hook. When Burfict was on field, the Bengals defense was flagged 3.5 times per play compared to 1.5 when he was off the field.[SUP][8][/SUP]
fify

Burfict- that's the guy. Incredible player. Incredible pain in the ass. I dunno, maybe Jones will be fine. I just got a bad vibe on him based on the info that came out.

Burfict- that's the guy. Incredible player. Incredible pain in the ass. I dunno, maybe Jones will be fine. I just got a bad vibe on him based on the info that came out.

Yup. Burfict is going to be an excellent player, a key part of the defense, right up till the moment when you can least afford it and he does something increadably stupid and leaves you hanging.

He may mature some and make it through his career without having the meltdown but I sure wouldn't want to bet my teams future on it.

Yup. Burfict is going to be an excellent player, a key part of the defense, right up till the moment when you can least afford it and he does something increadably stupid and leaves you hanging.

He may mature some and make it through his career without having the meltdown but I sure wouldn't want to bet my teams future on it.

He was featured on Hard Knocks last night. Still a knucklehead, but the Bengals embrace that. We're talking about a team that had Chris Henry(RIP) and still has PacMan on the roster.

I still see him being a Pro Bowler in the near future. And CU beating UofAnus in football and basketball for years to come.

Last edited:

You might be right. There is chatter that East Carolina passed on Cayleb because of the issues and that there may not have been as many options for him as reported.

I don't know. I just hope this kid turns things around, stays out of trouble, gets his degree, and plays like ass when the Buffs play Zona.

The real question in looking at kids like this is are their actions isolated errors in judgement (like PRichs now appears to be) or are they indicators of the kids character and likely to be representative of future conduct. Everyone makes mistakes, that is normal. Some people though are prone to bad judgement and actions. Aaron Hernandez is now looking to be the poster boy for this group.

I am in favor of taking some risk and giving kids a second chance if they have made mistakes that are out of their character, I don't think that the state of the program and the culture of Boulder and the university allow us to risk taking kids who have shown a pattern of bad behavior rather than limited incidents. The culture of the team is fragile enough that it cannot absorb a lot of negative influences in the locker room.

Which kids are which we as fans can't tell until after the fact. PRich again has so far shown himself to be very worthy of the second chance, Katoa continues to make us look bad and never played a down for us.

Ultimately the coaches have to do their due diligence and figure out what kind of kid they are getting.

My sense, which may turn out to be completely wrong is that If this kid had an interest in us I'm glad he didn't end up here despite his talent.

Arizona taking a bunch of thugs I see. I'm glad we're taking the high ground:smile2:

Back