What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX OG Germain Ifedi (Signed to Texas A&M)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

57089.jpg

Westside H.S. (Houston, TX)

Ht: 6-foot-5
Wt: 305 lbs
40: 5.4 secs

Rivals rating: 3*-5.7rr; #28 OG
Scout rating: 4*; #15 OG
ESPN rating: 4*-79 grade; #26 OT
247 rating: 4*-92 grade; #14 OG

Reported Offers: Colorado, Baylor, Iowa State, Louisville, Mississippi State, Missouri, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Wake Forest, Houston, Memphis, Rice, San Diego State

Gerry Hamilton of Hookem247 (formerly ESPN recruiting guru) had the following to say:

Ifedi stands 6-5.5 and checks in at 310-pounds. The first thing that stands out other than his obvious size is his immense wingspan. In fact, his wingspan was measured at 7'0" this summer. Ifedi camped at Texas A&M and TCU this summer and impressed to the point of each program talking about offering early in the season. The two in-state schools lead the way early on in his recruitment.

"I like all of the in-state schools," Said Ifedi, who lists Ohio State as his childhood favorite. "Texas A&M and TCU are my top two."

Germain Ifedi scouting report:
Ifedi, on the hoof, looks about as good as they come. His arm length is truly amazing. His lower body has that of one that will be powerful down the road after spending time in a college strength and conditioning program. He appears to have quite a bit natural strength about him. He looks athletic in his stance as well. He bends pretty well. When the ball is snapped, it doesn't take long to realize he is raw. Not from a coaching standpoint, but from a mental standpoint. He doesn't fire off low and with force, but instead a little high and without the nasty attitude one desires. His arm length allows him to get away with not being as reactive as one would want. He went up against a very powerful zero tech/DT in George Woods of Cypress Creek, who has offers and interest from lower D-I programs. Woods is 5-11.5, 310-pounds and bench presses over 400-pounds. He went right at Ifedi the first two times they were matched-up and got into his chest winning the leverage battle with ease. At that point, Ifedi got mad and fired off the ball with purpose the next time striking with the hands and keeping the feet moving. That was a glimpse at what Ifedi can do and will likely evolve into down the line. He has good feet, not great feet, to go with good quickness. Again, not great quickness. Ifedi is a solid guard prospect in the 2012 class with a very high-ceiling. His brother, Martin Ifedi, signed with Memphis last year. They have verbally offered.

http://texas.247sports.com/Board/21/2012-hoss-OG-Germain-Ifedi-photosinfo-9183/1

Ifedi is ranked by Orangebloods (TIFWIW) as the #53 player in the state for the 2012 class. Pretty much everyone seems to think he has a lot of potential, but is very raw.

We have a shot here.

He seems wide open right now and continues to pick up offers. I like our chances here, especially with his teammate Catalon committed.

Baylor and Missouri seem to be the favorites here, but I am hoping we can get him and Gray to visit Boulder together.

Ifedi is really raw, but I think he can be a dynamite OG in time.

Latest update from Scout has pretty close to committing to Missouri. He is visiting there soon.

Not a surprise, will still like to see him come for an Official visit. Once he sees Boulder, and he will have second thoughts about his commitment.

Back