What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX OT Jeromy Irwin (Signed to Colorado)

Loved the comment on the lighter home cooking duties. I bet your food bill goes down a bit, come next summer.

Yep, guess that will help us get to Boulder more often and see the boys play. I must say I've NEVER EVER missed any of their games and it's going to be hard to watch on a tv but at least we are getting all the games here in Houston with the help of the entire sports package!!!

No secret, never used protein drinks or special eating programs. Just mom's good cooking and good genes from my side of the family. I told them when they leave after graduation they will miss my cooking. We made chicken tortilla soup this weekend and we start with 10 yes 10 pounds of chicken lol. I must admit that I'm not going to miss the huge mass quantities we cook for meals. Only thing I ever made them do special, was being committed to their sport. I think Jeromy's comment about being committed to CU when he was interviewed on his visit said it all. A man's word is all he has and he could never look at any other school once his decision was made. I must say it did make me proud. We talked last nite about what a tough time CU is having now with injuries etc. Jeromy said that he was looking forward to coming up there and changing that soon.

Things are changing, Ann! We will be back! Your boys are going to help usher in a new age of dominance for Buff football and . . . . they will get a great education so old Buff lineman like myself can hire them after they get out of grad school (following 12 years in the NFL of course : ) ) .

Yep, guess that will help us get to Boulder more often and see the boys play. I must say I've NEVER EVER missed any of their games and it's going to be hard to watch on a tv but at least we are getting all the games here in Houston with the help of the entire sports package!!!
I heard the longhorn network is pretty sweet.

Reportedly picked up an offer from whOregon but remains solid to CU. Just proves this staff has an great eye for talent.

Yup.

Still, the coaches are showing that they know how to pick talent, get in on it early and land good players. Glad we have Jeremy and Sean on board.

Ann Henry has been very clear about the boys' loyalty and the strength of their word.

We're in no position to question that.

I am in no way concerned. Go Buffs!

Absolutely. want the boys in a program in good standing. No way would the boys consider any other offer now that they have committed to CU. You guys should know that, I've been talking in here quite a while now!!!

Here's a bit of news, posted on Sean's thread will put on Jeromy's also.

Sean returned to play last week. Had three receptions and one TD. We won 59-14. 10-0 season and made school history and won district. We are now off for state playoffs this week starting on Saturday. We are favorites in Region 3 and looking forward to going all the way. Sorry I haven't been active lately, been so busy with games, work and feeding the masses. Will keep yall updated as the season unfolds.

Go Buffs, Go Bobcats BFND

Don't know if you guys facebook, but there have been alot of local articles on the boys, their team, their committment to Cu, Sean's return etc. I have them all posted on my facebook if you want to keep up, now that playoffs are here and it's going to be busy from now on. I'm Ann McClelland Henry if you want to look me up!! I keep that updated more than I have been able to write on here lately.

Absolutely. want the boys in a program in good standing. No way would the boys consider any other offer now that they have committed to CU. You guys should know that, I've been talking in here quite a while now!!!

Sean returned to play last week. Had three receptions and one TD. We won 59-14. 10-0 season and made school history and won district. We are now off for state playoffs this week starting on Saturday. We are favorites in Region 3 and looking forward to going all the way. Sorry I haven't been active lately, been so busy with games, work and feeding the masses. Will keep yall updated as the season unfolds.

Congratulations; that is great news. It must have been quite nerveracking, and then to end up with a result like that, so satisfying. Good luck in the playoffs and please stay healthy from here on out.

Another example of why I am so excited about kids like the Irwin boys coming into the program.

This is an example of the character that is going to bring this program back to where we all want and expect to see it. Kids who are willing to make a commitment and stick with it. Kids who will stick with it and see it through.

These are the kind of kids who we not only want wearing a CU jersey but also representing CU as graduates and alumni.

Weekly update. Cy Fair won their first round game 63-14 against Aldine Nimitz here in the Houston area. We are on to play Katy Cinco Ranch this Saturday at 1:00 pm. Last weeks game was an easy one, having Sean back on the O-Line has changed things dramatically. He is getting back up to speed. Caught the two passes thrown to him but as long as Cy Fair can run, we run. Cinco Ranch is a better team than last week, hoping things go well and we progress to the next week. Loved the CU win Saturday, we watched most of the game before we had to head out to boys game. So glad to see the Seniors go out with a win at home!!! Go Bobcats!!! Go Buffs!!!! BFND

Well, playoffs were over last Saturday, we lost 21-14. Was a very winnable game but our offensive play calling wasn't the best that day. Sean caught all three passes to him and one for a touchdown and Jeromy had a great game full of pancakes. Kanavis came to the game to watch the boys play. On Sunday he was allowed to come to our house for dinner and a visit with the family. Mike cooked a huge batch of chicken tortilla soup and I fried about 40 corn tortillas for the meal. I also made homemade Key Lime Pie. Everyone seemed to enjoy!!! He is such a great person, I'm so glad the boys are coming up there. Congrats to the Buffs on their first road win in FOUR years!!! It was awesome.

Boys are now winding down and concentrating on studies right now. Was quite a great year for them, making school history with an undefeated season and making Area Champs.

Well, playoffs were over last Saturday, we lost 21-14. Was a very winnable game but our offensive play calling wasn't the best that day. Sean caught all three passes to him and one for a touchdown and Jeromy had a great game full of pancakes. Kanavis came to the game to watch the boys play. On Sunday he was allowed to come to our house for dinner and a visit with the family. Mike cooked a huge batch of chicken tortilla soup and I fried about 40 corn tortillas for the meal. I also made homemade Key Lime Pie. Everyone seemed to enjoy!!! He is such a great person, I'm so glad the boys are coming up there. Congrats to the Buffs on their first road win in FOUR years!!! It was awesome.

Boys are now winding down and concentrating on studies right now. Was quite a great year for them, making school history with an undefeated season and making Area Champs.

I love that stuff... care to share your recipie or invite me over? :smile2:

Sorry to hear the outcome of the game, but it was a good run. Now time to get those 2 beasts ready for Boulder!

And don't be a stranger now that the seasons are over. We enjoy your updates, AH.

Ann, sorry about the loss. Sounds like it stung a little.

Thanks again for all of your great updates and insights over here--it's been great having you on Allbuffs! I hope you stick around, and find time to keep us informed through the offseason, and then celebrate a bunch of CU victories with us over the next five years as well.

Go Buffs!

Back