What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX OT Ralphael Green (Signed to Indiana)

JRK1212

Troll
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

932041.jpg

Sam Houston H.S. (San Antonio, TX)

Ht: 6-foot-5
Wt: 335 lbs
40:

Rivals rating: 3*-5.5rr; unranked OT
Scout rating: 2*; #144 DT
ESPN rating: 2*-71 grade; #181 OT
247 rating: 2*-77 rating; #179 OT

Reported Offers: Colorado, Indiana, Missouri, Utah, Houston, New Mexico, New Mexico State, North Texas

Offer reported by 247 Sports.

Green is teammates with two other players we offered this week, DL Javonte Magee and S Leo Thomas.

Great recruiting strategy to get the 4* DE. Kid's got good measurables as well.

Great recruiting strategy to get the 4* DE.

That's a little cynical. I guarantee you were not offering a player just because he's teamates with a highly rated target, especially when that target is unlikely to come here anyways. Green got an offer because the staff wants him, and if he brings along his teamates as well then that's just an added bonus.

That's a little cynical. I guarantee you were not offering a player just because he's teamates with a highly rated target, especially when that target is unlikely to come here anyways. Green got an offer because the staff wants him, and if he brings along his teamates as well then that's just an added bonus.
You do realize that his teammates are a package deal? Meaning that they all want to go to the same school and CU right now is the only school with offers out to all three? I'm not saying Green is bad but the staff obviously wants the DE of the group.

I don't believe this staff is offering anyone in order to get someone else. Embree is very adamant about his belief that it's not so much the guys you miss out on that hurt you, it's the guys who you sign, can't play and then suck up a scholarship for 4 or 5 years that hurt you. We're not offering anyone who we wouldn't want on his own merits.

Back on topic, I think it's kind of strange that both Scout and Rivals reported on Brookhart's visit to Sam Houston H.S., interviewed the coach, and neither reported a Green offer while 247 did. Doesn't mean we didn't offer. And I like this prospect, so I hope that we did. Just weird. Typical stuff with following recruiting, though.

Green's a road grader who I think moves inside to guard, given that our coaches seem to like a lot of beef at the interior spots and more of the long, athletic types in the Solder mold for tackle. Never know, though.

Green's a road grader who I think moves inside to guard, given that our coaches seem to like a lot of beef at the interior spots and more of the long, athletic types in the Solder mold for tackle. Never know, though.

exactly my thinking as well. Guys like that aren't going to be able to keep up with OLB/DE on the edge, but can just bury a tackle or blitzing linebacker inside coming across the ball or heads up

Back