1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'12 TX OT Ralphael Green (Signed to Indiana)

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by JRK1212, May 28, 2011.

1. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN
    247 Sports

[​IMG]
    Sam Houston H.S. (San Antonio, TX)

Ht: 6-foot-5
    Wt: 335 lbs
    40:

Rivals rating: 3*-5.5rr; unranked OT
    Scout rating: 2*; #144 DT
    ESPN rating: 2*-71 grade; #181 OT
    247 rating: 2*-77 rating; #179 OT

Reported Offers: Colorado, Indiana, Missouri, Utah, Houston, New Mexico, New Mexico State, North Texas

2. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

Offer reported by 247 Sports.

Green is teammates with two other players we offered this week, DL Javonte Magee and S Leo Thomas.

3. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

[video=youtube;dwJrfffMy3k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwJrfffMy3k[/video]

4. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Great recruiting strategy to get the 4* DE. Kid's got good measurables as well.

5. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

That's a little cynical. I guarantee you were not offering a player just because he's teamates with a highly rated target, especially when that target is unlikely to come here anyways. Green got an offer because the staff wants him, and if he brings along his teamates as well then that's just an added bonus.

6. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

You do realize that his teammates are a package deal? Meaning that they all want to go to the same school and CU right now is the only school with offers out to all three? I'm not saying Green is bad but the staff obviously wants the DE of the group.

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I don't believe this staff is offering anyone in order to get someone else. Embree is very adamant about his belief that it's not so much the guys you miss out on that hurt you, it's the guys who you sign, can't play and then suck up a scholarship for 4 or 5 years that hurt you. We're not offering anyone who we wouldn't want on his own merits.

Back on topic, I think it's kind of strange that both Scout and Rivals reported on Brookhart's visit to Sam Houston H.S., interviewed the coach, and neither reported a Green offer while 247 did. Doesn't mean we didn't offer. And I like this prospect, so I hope that we did. Just weird. Typical stuff with following recruiting, though.

Green's a road grader who I think moves inside to guard, given that our coaches seem to like a lot of beef at the interior spots and more of the long, athletic types in the Solder mold for tackle. Never know, though.

8. TuffBuff32

TuffBuff32 Member

exactly my thinking as well. Guys like that aren't going to be able to keep up with OLB/DE on the edge, but can just bury a tackle or blitzing linebacker inside coming across the ball or heads up